Interesting find: Petition for Louisiana to secede from the United States

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Hypothetically, What if Texas seceded from the U.S., and Mexico (with their cartels onboard.), Central America and Cuba (with Russia and China onboard.) decided to reclaim the republic of Texas for Mexico, what would the outcome be? Hypothetically?

Texas wouldn't secede from the US. Almost half of them voted for Obama.

0000DD.gif
    Willard Mitt RomneyPaul RyanRepublican4,555,79957.20%38
    DD0000.gif
    Barack H. ObamaJoseph R. Biden, Jr.Democratic3,294,44041.37%0
    FFFF00.gif
    Gary JohnsonJames P. GrayLibertarian88,1101.11%0
    FFFF00.gif
    Jill SteinCheri HonkalaGreen24,4500.31%0
    FFFF00.gif
    Other (+)--1,3790.02%

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Wouldn't had been better to have a recall vote petition for a re -vote rather that a succession petition ? I am with Karl Rove on this election something was rigged . BTW; don't get negative and call me a poor looser ,that solves nothing .

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Wouldn't had been better to have a recall vote petition for a re -vote rather that a succession petition ? I am with Karl Rove on this election something was rigged . BTW; don't get negative and call me a poor looser ,that solves nothing .

I agree, but as long as the voting process is handled by people, there will always be a way of tampering with the numbers.

Old man Daley made the dead rise to vote for Kennedy and nobody cared. Voter fraud is found all the time and nothing is done to correct it.

Even if they passed a law that would remove an entire districts votes if fraud was found, the other side would deliberately cause fraud in the oppositions strongholds.

Sneaky crooks will always find a way, and our system definitely needs much improvement, but we still have the most democratic system of voting in the world...................For now, anyway.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I doubt anyone signing that petition even understands what it would actually mean for an entire state to remove itself from its country.

Of course the US would probably initiate a trade embargo on us to starve us back into joining. The world has gotten too small for this line of thought.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    What ever the percent, even at 49% it seems nobody heard the message? It's like the whole election just fell on deaf ears for some. Like only one group has a say so in the whole matter. It's to the point that the folks that pay the most to the goverment have no voice anymore. Yea the whole secession thing is not prctical, but how do you get the goverment to listen when all they do is what they want. It is no longer "for the people by the people" but for those that whine the loudest.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    How many of you believe and have posted on BS that our country is heading towards a cliff of destruction and are now saying that jumping off the bus before it goes over the edge is a bad idea?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom