I've Got a Few Questions for Every One Here!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There are a lot of firearms for sale here. I look at many of them and their ads and wonder; why is no one buying that sooner? I see what appears to be a very nice gun, sometimes NIB and watch the seller(s) bump and reduce the price as if in a panic. I almost feel the sellers desperation and disappointment as he/she continues to drop the price on some guns that are selling for more at some of the local discount gun outlets.

So what is it? Is it the gun themselves? The economy? Is it how the sellers are presenting it? Is this market (or the market in general), oversaturated with guns?

Not to pick on a particular ad from not long ago, but the seller was asking $200 less than retail on a well respected name brand gun fired a few dozen times. Granted, people probably don't have as much money to burn these days on something they may not need, but some of these are hard to pass on. If I didn't have one of a particular make and model already, I would buy some of these just on principle.

Am I the one reading all of this stuff wrong? And you sellers; are you sometimes just hurting for cash? Did you buy a particular brand and find out you don't want it anymore?

I just don't get it.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    It's weird that every one of these guns only have 50 or so rounds through them. Even when they're 10+ years old. Odd.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    No different than looking at a News-on-Wheels type publication, thousands of cars that people want to sell, but the right buyer has to sift through all that's out there, multiple sources/media, make arrangements to check 'em out/compare before a decision. I check the Marketplace every time I log on, but there are probably lots who log on for discussion but rarely check the ads. Nature of the beast.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't buy things just for the sake of buying things. If I'm not in the market, I don't even look at the ad. I was in the market for an AR upper recently. First ad I saw, I bought it because it was a good price. I have no idea how long it'd been there. Didn't even look at the date.

I'm not in the market for a shotgun so even if some Beretta A500 goes up for $500 under retail LNIB, I'm still not gonna be looking at it.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I need extra cash right now, so no money to buy, but I'm not totally destitute so I just quit bumping my ads.
    But I will make someone a great deal on anything I have for sale. ;)

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Pricing is always what the market will pay...and what I'm willing to take or give up to part with it right now. Ebb and flow. But I would hazzard guess that a lot of people have already spent all their "extra" cash at this point and there are more bargains than people with the cash...and the desire for a particular item...to take advantage of 'em. Not necessarily the best time to be selling higher-end items, IMO, which always have a more limited market.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I'm having a hard time with the reloading setup. I'm selling it because I don't have time to load anymore and I need the cash for buying things for the house. I close in 2 weeks. If it weren't for the double bump rule I would bump the price down to $700 just four hours after bumping at $760 because I would like to get a weed eeder and a few other things.
    I'm just tired of bumping it and not getting offers. I'm just gonna cut my losses and move on.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Along with what speed said. I would like to think firearms moved faster when comments were allowed and such but the mods didn't like to have to monitor it with all the bumps and other underlying bs.

No disrespect just an opinion.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    after the opening page I go to the classified just to see what is out there I always have a few bucks put back for something I may like but it has to be something I may like I picked up a sight and some .40s the other day or so. got a few guns form here also always looking for a good deal.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    For me, it's just that I'm not in the market (don't have the disposable cash) but as a typical guy, I would love to just buy them all.

That's where I am at right now too. Being a college student and not pulling 40 hour weeks makes it hard to have extra money for toys while still putting money into savings and investments. One day though!

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I personally look at a lot of the ads and feel the prices are grossly inflated. The sit for weeks and months with no price drops. Other ads that I come across with excellent prices I contact within 30 minutes and they're sold. I think the marketplace is working just as it was intended to work. Those that aren't selling are either selling something no one is interested in, or their prices are unrealistic. I'm not looking to pay full retail for something that isn't coming brand new in a box and I rarely care enough to want NIB anyway.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i sold most of my guns at really low prices because i needed cash. and fast.

ive seen some great guns id love to have if i wasnt broke broke.

Top Bottom