Just being a douche?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    How do you think the cops today learned to respect the legal rights of citizens ??

Some citizen stood up for his rights and little at a time the cops came to understand they were to respect the rights of citizens

When I was young, the cops would grab someone, bang em around and get confessions...DNA is correcting some of that

Some cops respect rights because they are good people others because it's been taught to them by brave sitizens...

As to lost causes...I guess it depends on your definition....in mine it would be some one who wants to return to the JBT days of old

If you respect my right we'll have no problem

It has nothing to do with "cops".

Knew you guys wouldn't understand.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    What people do not understand is... being nice does not equal weakness.

Smile.
    Be courteous.
    Engage in normal everyday conversation.
    Freely discuss your latest big trip to China, just a few words doesn't hurt. You don't have to admit it's because of some girl you met on the internet.

If you're going to stand your ground, fine. Realize it's YOU who's chosen "to die on that hill." I would have just been nice, answered the lady's question, and gone on with my life... but I guess my time is more valuable than his, and I'm a weaker person for not tactlessly exercising my "rights" to **** off border guards.

St.Francisville

Hardheaded Young'n
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Wilson, LA
    It was probably small talk to begin with.

If he would have just answered... "Just cause. Never been to China." or " Business" or... "I hear the strip clubs are great in China".... or WHATEVER... it's all irrelevant. But instead, he decided to be a dick. I'm glad he got delayed. I'm NOT happy that he used up manpower that could have gone to protecting the country from the next dude smuggling in heroin.

This guy sounds like one of the OC crowd. Just because you have a right to OC, doesn't mean you should with the explicit purpose of pissing off others and drawing attention to yourself.

Not all OC'ers arelike that, though. I OC cause I'm not old enough to CC, but I still like to have a way to protect myself.

Back on topic, yeah, the dude was being a dick.

mwk1975

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Jackson, La
    Thank the good lord above that we still, for now anyway....., live in a country where we have a right to be a dick. The removal of freedom(s) start off small.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I would have told her I was in China trying to get the jump on the hot toy for Christmas at Walmart. Then I could buy some hunk of junk $1.00 toy and sell it on Ebay before Christmas for $100.00 :D

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Not just being a dick, but yes, being a dick.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's the best thing to do.

The closest example to this I can think of is what if you are a witness to an accident or a crime. You don't have to come forward or say anything, but it's a good idea. Who would exercise their right to remain silent under those circumstances?

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    He was 100% legal, broke NO laws. GOOD FOR HIM. It is a slippery slope and if we don't push back we WILL keep slipping down the hill. If it's not illegal or morally wrong it must be right, no?

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    The closest example to this I can think of is what if you are a witness to an accident or a crime. You don't have to come forward or say anything, but it's a good idea. Who would exercise their right to remain silent under those circumstances?

Comparing apples and squid here. He is answer ONLY affected HIM and was not wrong legally OR morally.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Thank the good lord above that we still, for now anyway....., live in a country where we have a right to be a dick. The removal of freedom(s) start off small.

Maybe I should have asked you to answer for me...LOL...I like that answer

Once in a while somebody will have to be willing to be called a dick...make a case for the rights awarded us by heroes

And it has everything to do with cops...IMHO, NTSB, ICE...any law enforcement is in most peoples mind cops....game wardens are fish cops, Weights and Standards are weight watcher cops...not an offensive term in my mind, I have several sorta friends who are LE...I call them cops w/o getting shot

It's all about a citizen excercising their right to not answer questions....no matter how innocent...

Like said....erosion begins with a drizzle

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I guess alot of it would depend on the womans tone who aked me the first question. If she asked me in a manner that implied bitchyness or "tude" and i had a couple hours to waste, i may have gone down that road too. But 90 times out of a 100 I probably would have answered the quest.

BUT

I was in the bank withdrawing some cash for a car downpayment awhile back and they wanted to know what it was for and I refused. It is none of their ****ing business what i spend my money on!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    The guy probably exhibits dickish behavior in other aspects of his life as well. I agree that the idiot G-4 question askers shouldn't ask dumb stuff like that but I wouldn't fall on my sword. One day maybe but not over something so trivial. What are they trying to accomplish? Do they ever catch anyone resembling a drunk Captain Jack Sparrow who actually admits to bringing back a suitcase of opium?

"Why were you in China?" "Well, you see luv, I had to jet over to get a little smack for a party because you buggahs have made it so tough lately to go with the domestic." :rolleyes:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    The guy probably exhibits dickish behavior in other aspects of his life as well. I agree that the idiot G-4 question askers shouldn't ask dumb stuff like that but I wouldn't fall on my sword. One day maybe but not over something so trivial. What are they trying to accomplish? Do they ever catch anyone resembling a drunk Captain Jack Sparrow who actually admits to bringing back a suitcase of opium?

"Why were you in China?" "Well, you see luv, I had to jet over to get a little smack for a party because you buggahs have made it so tough lately to go with the domestic." :rolleyes:

Yep, he's probably the same kind of lame-brain shitbirck that goes to a restaurant just to assert his "authority" over a waiter.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I really fail to see the need in this particular instance to be so confrontational. They asked why he was in China-- "Vacation", "Business", whatever. If they press you for more details than that, I can understand taking a stand. At that point, even if it's stupid stuff and you have nothing to hide, it's worth putting up a "fight". And if the customs agent had an attitude, I can see copping one back.

Even if you don't want to share ANY information about your trip, there's better ways of conveying that message than "None of your business" to someone just trying to do their job. I don't care if it's a right and this guy just took a huge step towards keeping the boot of tyranny off of our throats-- he's still a douchebag. I wager I could remain silent throughout the process without causing nearly as many problems, and would do a lot better job of educating everyone as to my rights.

For all of his apparent (and I'm sure self-professed) intelligence, he's pretty dense. Do people honestly believe that every last customs agent or LEO joined the force to exercise power over the every day citizen? I would argue that even those folks who DO abuse their position probably didn't take the job for that express purpose-- and those bad apples are few and far between, anyway.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I really fail to see the need in this particular instance to be so confrontational. They asked why he was in China-- "Vacation", "Business", whatever. If they press you for more details than that, I can understand taking a stand. At that point, even if it's stupid stuff and you have nothing to hide, it's worth putting up a "fight". And if the customs agent had an attitude, I can see copping one back.

Even if you don't want to share ANY information about your trip, there's better ways of conveying that message than "None of your business" to someone just trying to do their job. I don't care if it's a right and this guy just took a huge step towards keeping the boot of tyranny off of our throats-- he's still a douchebag. I wager I could remain silent throughout the process without causing nearly as many problems, and would do a lot better job of educating everyone as to my rights.

For all of his apparent (and I'm sure self-professed) intelligence, he's pretty dense. Do people honestly believe that every last customs agent or LEO joined the force to exercise power over the every day citizen? I would argue that even those folks who DO abuse their position probably didn't take the job for that express purpose-- and those bad apples are few and far between, anyway.

Well thar ya go.....and thats how rights become privliges...

"I don't care if it's a right and this guy just took a huge step towards keeping the boot of tyranny off of our throats-- he's still a douchebag."

Top Bottom