Kenner Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • enigma

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Metairie
    Not a chance. The shows have gotten smaller. Raised prices on the tables for the dealers. And to charge $10 at the door is ludicrous!

Last edited:

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    It will probably be a few more years before the memory fades of how worthless it is for me to go to one and I have to go to another one to learn the lesson once again.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    As much as I like to go to gunshows, the cost has crossed a threshold for me. I may go to one a year, but likely none. Regrettably, I think it's a loss for the gun community.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    I'm going mostly because I have a lady friend that wants to go. saw some reasonably priced ammo cans that I didn't pick up last time. Also will look to unload my Beretta. The $10 door charge is too high. I won't be going back until it cones down.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I can't see spending $10.00 to get in after that last show. I also feel charging $10.00 for a 12yo to go in is kinda crazy. So no I won't be going back to the Kenner Gun Show.

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Glad many are not going..maybe they will start to get the idea now.

How much did they charge vendors before and what are they charging now? Never had a table but am curious of the price increase.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I'm going mostly because I have a lady friend that wants to go. saw some reasonably priced ammo cans that I didn't pick up last time. Also will look to unload my Beretta. The $10 door charge is too high. I won't be going back until it cones down.
    BassPro has $10 ammo cans shipped right now and you can sell your Beretta here.

HiPowerMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    New Orleans
    $75. a table now,(they tried to get $80) they also charge the vendors to use electricity(plug in your lap top- cell phone to do the background check) the people running this show even try to charge the venders using FBI e-check for the venues wifi

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Used to be a vendor selling guns at the Bean (Great Southern) shows, but stopped when Bean raised the admission fee so high that customers stopped going, then they raised the table fees too high to make up for the lost door revenue. So vendors dropped out, which made the show smaller, which made the potential customers stop attending due to the smaller venue and higher door fees. Couldn't raise the gun price high enough and sell guns to make up for all the higher costs. A viscious cycle to kill gun shows due to the promoter's greed.

Last edited:

Southland Fi

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    I will be there as well. BS members should come out to support the site sponsors. Great Southern is sending out an email that says if you bring a copy of the email you will get $1 off admission. It's not much but better than nothing.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have no desire to pack up my guns and bring them to a gun show. I have my place set up just how I need it to conduct the type of business I want to conduct, and it only cost me money to walk through the door, for everyone else it is free even the coffee, unless you are S&W4ME, then it is $9, plus $4 for each cup of coffee.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I used to go to every show in Kenner to support the vendors and the show. The admission price shot up from $5 to $7 then $8 now $10. At the same time the number of vendors dropped. After the last show I sent a letter to Great Southern and expressed my disappointment in dearth of vendors and high price of admission. They did not bother to respond to the letter which tells me they do not care what the consumer thinks.

Accordingly I will not be going to the show again and will instead go to gun shows run by sponsors other than Great Southern. I have advised my friends likewise to shop elsewhere since the value of the show has been greatly diminished.

If they can instill this attitude in a die hard customer of theirs I can only imagine what everyone else thinks about them.

Top Bottom