Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Found my CRKT M-16 in an old golf bag, left at home for many years. It was still in reasonable shape and cleaned up very, very well. As it's basically a "work knife", I carry it and don't mind putting it to hard use.

I have an all black Kershaw Leek that I consider my "dress knife", but it's never even seen a tough cut. Few strings or taped boxes, but that's about it.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Here is what I carry.

vm_53601_sol_a02.jpg

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I LOVE this knife. It's big, but it's light and thin. You don't even feel it in your pocket... Cuts like a razor blade too

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    It is indeed, I carry the presidio but it is not partially serated (safer for me :D) and it is the "Mel Pardue" model.

Sorry about that. I couldn't remember the name of the knife as I bought it back in 2006.

Glad you all knew it. Great knife though. Only complaint is that the texture on the grip is rough and it can chew up the pockets on your pants unless you loosen up the clip a bit.

Lagarb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Goleta, CA
    Currently carrying my CRKT Carson M21, its got some scuffs, I use it a bit, tore through some boxes the other day that were looking at me funny.
    The Mini Fulcrum I carry to work, doesn't get much use, but its handy to have and holds well on slacks

IMG_26362.jpg

yamarider450

EO1(SCW)U.S NAVY SEABEE
    Rating - 92.3%
    11   1   1
    Jun 1, 2008
    Slidell, la
    Work: SOG-Tac Auto, big, fast, holds an edge forever.
    sogsogtacst03.jpg

Off: Sog Flash I, small, fast, only had it a month but so far I like it.
    flashiblack.jpg

I have a Microtech UTX-70 OTF, but I don't like carrying it because the pocket clip doesn't keep it very secure, don't want to lose a $200 knife.

I carry the same sog auto all the time. And you are right it keep an edge forever!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I've carried a kershaw leek, spyderco endura (both straightedge) or spyderco delica (1/2 serrated) for awhile. Depending onsituation occasionally I carry a kershaw chive if I'm pocket carrying an lcp that day. I just purchased my first benchmade (figured it was time I relinquish my spyderco love for an open minded try of the bm's). It's a 530 pardue. Got it due to it's extreme lightness and thinness. No opinions yet though as I havnt had it long.

BM530P.jpg

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    David,

Your grandfather's Case is the "Trapper" model and was very popular years ago. My grandfather was a Case Ag Implement dealer; back in the early 1950's, when they had a Case Knife promo. Grandpa got an entire display case of Case knives of all types and he gave me a trapper like that.

I carry a Bokker Gent's 1-1/2" bone scaled pocket knife and a big Spyderco. Two, for the same reason as you do.
    If going out to eat, I'll pocket a pair of Gerber "Pixie" steak knives or a slim Gerber folder. My belt knives are small Jimmy Lyles' sheath knives.

You never when you'll have to do an emergency tracheotomy ! A vertical midline cricothyroid puncture and a ballpoint pen barrel or soda straw will keep someone alive until help gets there with equipment.

leVieux

I think it would be great to see everyone's blades. So I suggest a picture thread showing what blade/s your carrying and what you think about the blade/s. I will be first

Currently Carrying:

2 USA made blades......

Chris Reeve Umnumzaan

Two titanium scales, frame lock, and s30v hollow ground blade. I love the blade shape especially the two finger ramps which allow for the user to choke up as well as the glass breaker at the top of the blade when folded. however, I dislike the small somewhat sharp edge on the frame lock scale side.

Case Folder

One of my grandfathers small folders I use this usually in public especially when I think some idiot is going to be intimidated by my Umnumzaan.:crazy: The tip was broken so I reprofiled it using a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Umnum%20and%20Case%201.jpg

Umnum%20and%20Case%202.jpg

Show us what your sporting and tell us what you think about it.....

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    When you get into the knife world, people can tell the difference between a knife like gun guys can tell the difference between a taurus 1911 and a wilson combat 1911. The way you are saying "they both cut ****" is like saying both 1911's will "shoot ****". Which is true, they both will... but I'm sure you would rather a Wilson Combat over a Taurus.

Actually, NO !

I think you picked a poor pair of examples.

I'd take the Taurus and the extra $1,800.00 anyday.

Wilson has way too high opinions of himself and his stuff.

leVieux

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Actually, NO !

I think you picked a poor pair of examples.

I'd take the Taurus and the extra $1,800.00 anyday.

Wilson has way too high opinions of himself and his stuff.

leVieux

That wasn't directed towards you, so I don't know why it's getting your panties in a twist.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom