Last Three Isaac models don't look good.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Four years for those of us who experienced Gustav, which was worse for BR than Katrina.
    :ohreally:

Much worse . My back yard looked like a war zone . Trees down everywhere .
    Yea but I live in newOrleans.Katrina kicked our ass.

Mitch to Urban Democrats - GTFO you aren't going to trash any more public centers.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8787258

Damnit Mojo - you beat me by seconds. :D
    Nagan said the same thing .But they did and prolly will again.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I have mixed feelings on telling the neighbors to get lost. I think I'd rather arm them with the condition that when this is over they go buy themselves a gun that meets my approval. I'd probably hand out my .22's though... :)

St Tammany has very progressive policy on looters. I one dispatches any, call the non-emergency dispatch line, drag 'em to the curb and tomorrow morning just hose the curb off.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    212842W5_NL_sm.gif

This is about an hour ago. Hurricanes tend to move further than where land fall is predicted. But hopefully it dont get above a cat 2.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Here is what they are telling the rigs in GoM:

Tropical Storm Isaac Intermediate Advisory 34a

Issued: Sunday, August 26th 2012 6:24pm CDT
    Current Location: 24.0N/82.4W
    Geographic Reference: 525 miles southeast of Mouth of Mississippi River
    Movement: West-northwest at 14 mph
    Max Winds: 60 mph gusting to 70 mph
    Organizational Trend: Increasing
    Forecast Confidence: Average
    Current Hurricane Severity Index: 6 (3 size / 3 intensity)
    Peak Forecast Hurricane Severity Index: 16 (7 size / 9 intensity)
    Changes from Our Previous Forecast
    No major changes.
    Our Forecast
    Tropical Storm Isaac continues to move to the west-northwest past the Florida Keys. Tropical storm force winds continue for the lower Keys. Recent satellite imagery indicates that the system is becoming better organized. However, the latest aircraft data continues to indicate no change in the intensity.
    We will be delaying our next advisory until 9 PM CDT. This is so we can fully evaluate all of the evening computer model data.

imgsrc.php

HurTrack1.gif

Last edited:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    So does anyone know how Mitch is going to protect the superdome and convention center from the zombies seeking free shelter? I heard that the National Guard is being called in but for what and where i'm not sure.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'll be filling my two 55 gallon drums of gas tomorrow. For two reasons. A one year old and and wife that is recovering from some fairly extensive surgery. I want them to be comfy so I'll run the genny. Rather have it and not need it than vice versa. Ill burn whats left in the cars.

Everything else stays ready here. Food, water, first aid, defense, etc stay available year around.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have been through hurricanes before and so has the wife. But this is the first time that she will be home alone while I am in Asscrack and have to deal with it. There are some not so nice models saying it very well may go towards LC. I hope and pray for all of Louisiana that it just does a hard left turn and heads for Mexico!!!! :dunno:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    So does anyone know how Mitch is going to protect the superdome and convention center from the zombies seeking free shelter? I heard that the National Guard is being called in but for what and where i'm not sure.

They have been notified and are standing by. My dad's business manager has grumped about it on Facebook already. Her fiancé just returned from Germany for summer camp and now he's about to go again.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Oh Ok. I assumed that since Mercedes now practically ownes the superdome we'd see German troops guarding it during the storm. Was hoping to get a little back from my investment in their vehicles.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    All I know is last Saturday I (along with some damn good family & friends) spent the entire day (at times in the middle of a downpour) cutting an obscene amount of oak limbs from the trees around the house- and I feel like the smartest S.O.B. on the planet right now....
    cool0044.gif

....Even if I'm not. :o

Last edited:

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My guess is that this makes landfall between Morgan City and the Mouth. We should wake up to a cat 1 storm. There is a lot of talk about dry air, but it is starting to look good. Which means bad for us.

Some levees in nola will be over topped.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I picked my daughter up from the NO airport a few hors ago and saw several large convoys heading south .

MOTOR 51

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    All I know is last Saturday I (along with some damn good family & friends) spent the entire day (at times in the middle of a downpour) cutting an obscene amount of oak limbs from the trees around the house- and I feel like the smartest S.O.B. on the planet right now....
    cool0044.gif

Lol. Where did you find that cool smiley? Isaac's pressure has dropped 4 mb in the last hour....he's going to gain strength.
    You and your friends won't regret trimming the trees.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Looks like over the next couple days I will have lots of reloading time during the storm. :)

I have Mon, Tues and Weds off. I appreciate the storm sceduling it's arrival on my days off so I am not forced to stay at work the whole time.

Top Bottom