Let's form a Survival Club--what do yall think?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    my .02. survival would require a group effort. you HAVE to sleep at some point, you have to have security while you sleep.

and my motto is, and ALWAYS will be:
    one bullet and a single shot gun, and you can TAKE any supplies from anyone. IF you have the balls to use it.

that goes both ways. with a gun you can get supplies you need form those that hoard, or refuse to sell. and they can take yours.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    my .02. survival would require a group effort. you HAVE to sleep at some point, you have to have security while you sleep.

and my motto is, and ALWAYS will be:
    one bullet and a single shot gun, and you can TAKE any supplies from anyone. IF you have the balls to use it.

that goes both ways. with a gun you can get supplies you need form those that hoard, or refuse to sell. and they can take yours.

That's where you're off. If someone has taken the time to gather supplies, the kind that would be really useful to you, he also has the means to defend it. You're much better off getting yourself prepared, because stealing when you need when the shtf will only get you dead.

J

jayd

... Survival ...
    I guess I'll be sniping the neighbor's cats. Anybody have any good cat recipes?

95543192.jpg

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    You know, I was thinking that when the poop hits the fan, you ain't gonna be able to travel anywhere. One, the roads will either be closed or so crowded that those on the road will be trying to survive on the road. People are going to have to survive in their own homes and in their own communities. Big cities will be a nightmare. The smaller communities and rural areas will be the best but still rough. I've got too much family in my community and I couldn't leave them, wouldn't want to.

Just gonna have to make do, as will nearly all of us.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    That's where you're off. If someone has taken the time to gather supplies, the kind that would be really useful to you, he also has the means to defend it. You're much better off getting yourself prepared, because stealing when you need when the shtf will only get you dead.

without adequate TEAM effort, you cant survive. and plenty of people are not prepared to do, what has to be done. im glad we disagree. thats why we have different opinions

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    if its a all out road warrior typ world we all screwed,,finding a place to hide will will only prolong death from the roaving tribes of looters and the worst of the worst that survived to come out on top....then groups will be needed to make it a little longer then a lone wolf..

but just a social break down like new mexico is now,,,neighbors banding together to defend their familes will be the key to survivng people pooling together to protect and forge will be the key to make it long enough till social order is reinstated

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    without adequate TEAM effort, you cant survive. and plenty of people are not prepared to do, what has to be done. im glad we disagree. thats why we have different opinions

I didn't say to hold yourself up in your house all by yourself. I said if your preps consist of guns and ammo, and a plan to steal whatever you need to survive, you won't last a week no matter how much training you have.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    it all depends on the situation...what if its just a really bad scene,,but you still have to go to work make money,to suport your family,,just the criminals are running around like in mexico where shoot outs just happen running to hide in the basin wouldnt be th riht thing to do..

what if wile their was a social break down and forigen country decided to come in and try to take over,,,,do you stay and try to fight with local law,ng,army to defend your homeland like the french resistence,and english underground did or do you run and hide..
    they didnt have things like they do today,,one fly over and they can pinpoint your ,location in the woods..

if its the end of the world everyman for himself do you want to band together as a goup with your neighbors or run into the woods and hope nobody else in south louisiana had the same idea,,,???

being away from big cities you can aviod riots and mass killings,,,,being out in the woods by yourself could be just as bad or worse if a group of animals find you and can take their time fking with you and your family with nobody around to try and help you..

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Speaking of a group of animals, if things really get bad, people will let their pets loose because they can't feed them any longer. Alone in the woods with feral dogs running rampant would be bad for business :P

onlyjourneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I had a guy hand me a paper the other day at the local Wally World that said there is a group of folks in my area who have formed a group to make survival easier for "just in case". (ie, doctors, security, food, etc.) HE called it "safe haven". Has anyone heard of it??

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I've been a reader of the Zombie Squad forums for some time now. http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/index.php
    Lots of good stuff there and they have Chapters in several areas, many which do just what is being discussed here. They go out on hikes, camping trips and mock bugouts to test their gear and skills. Not long ago I was contacted by one of the members regarding a thread he started about forming a Louisiana chapter. I basically told him that I don't have the time or finances to be involved at this time. Meanwhile there are plans for a camp & shoot in July - http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=45911 .

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    BRWEYES's husband sounds like he could be any one of my uncles. One particular uncle of mine went camping one fall and didn't come home for a couple of years. Tough and primitive... he would "burr up" in pine straw to stay warm and dry in bad weather.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I have a plan with local family members to hunker down all at one house. Family comes first, the hell with trusting the security of my wife and kids to a few internet acquaintances. My BOB is now some bics, a canteen, SS cup so far, slowly adding as I see things that make sense.... and I can afford it.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    one thing i think many have overlooked is you can't just have digital copies of your important records and pictures. keep hard copies in a location away from your home. in the event of an EMP your digital copies will be gone. just someting to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom