Look at what followed me home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I was down in the field sighting in my M1A Springfield, and look at what followed me home. I had been there for about 2 ½ hours. I went down to the field about 4:30pm. I’ve got my bench rest set up right at the 100 yd mark. Take a couple of shots and then walk down to check placement. Like I said been there around 2 + hours. On one of my trips back up to where I was shooting from there hear stands this Fawn. About 50 feet from where I was shooting from, out in the middle of the dam field. It was just walking along. Don’t know where it came from. Sure hungry, gulped down a half a 20oz. bottle of Goat milk formula.

002.jpg

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Better call your local Game Warden........................

They will say to return it where you found it. I've been down this road. Unless the OP wants to keep this as permanent pet then he should go release where he found it. LDWF will not help.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    There is a full grown doe around here that I see sometimes with a hunter orange collar on. In passing I have seen it in yards and even seen some kids petting it one time. The deer just comes and goes as it pleases. Im sure sooner or later it will end up getting shot.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    A guy @ my lease caught one & pinned it up in his back yard to keep as a pet. Someone notified LDWF, they arrested him, & revoked his hunting privelages for 3 years. You need to have permits & a minimum sq. ft of land per deer.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Who knows....the doe could have been hit by a car, etc....

Those spots make for pretty good camo. These little guys will usually lay low and let you walk right on by them. Guess this one was hungry.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    That's cool. I'd take care of it for a week or two, feed it well (not TOO well, you want this thing to leave), and then set her free. No use in keeping a wild animal couped up.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    There is a full grown doe around here that I see sometimes with a hunter orange collar on. In passing I have seen it in yards and even seen some kids petting it one time. The deer just comes and goes as it pleases. Im sure sooner or later it will end up getting shot.

Sounds like the deer my parent's neighbor put the collar on. My parents live off Pine St Ext before the Camp Villerie hunting club.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's cool. I'd take care of it for a week or two, feed it well (not TOO well, you want this thing to leave), and then set her free. No use in keeping a wild animal couped up.

If it is not wheened, that deer is doomed. There is no way that animal will be reintroduced to it's mother(it smells like you now), and if it cannot eat grass yet or something solid. It's over Johnny!

You can try to put it out there and see it it bleats for the doe, but don't hold your breath now.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    You can fry those up just like soft shell crabs. Just saying.

Seriously though, you cannot harrass wildlife. Just like LEO it will depend on the agent attitude if he arrest you or not.

Top Bottom