Medical marijuana cardholders are banned from buying guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Seriously man, stop dancing and answer legitimately.
    Obviously you're not into pot, we get that but why would someone using Marijuana as prescribed/moderately, which would not produce hallucinations for the average person, why should they not be legally able to defend themselves?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bro, it clearly says right there in the 2nd Amendment: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, unless you smoke marijuana. That's pretty clear.
    Seriously though hallucinations? I think some folks here got their drug education from watching "reefer madness".

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Obviously you're not into pot, we get that but why would someone using Marijuana as prescribed/moderately, which would not produce hallucinations for the average person, why should they not be legally able to defend themselves?

I'll leave this here for you to reference since you might not can find it.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Let's keep it civil.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

FORUM RULES

Rule 1: No rudeness or personal attacks

While we appreciate passionate and informed discussion we will not allow rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or trolling.

Rule 3: No argumentative and divisive behavior

Members who consistently post argumentative and divisive messages will be removed from the forums. *This is especially true in Law Enforcement threads. *Posts include bickering, arguing, generalizing, or denigrating LE service or citizen actions, will be deleted. *The moderating staff will be the sole decider of the tone/intent of a post. *Posts deemed to be in violation of our rules will be deleted and may result in infractions.

This rule is not meant to stifle the civil discussion of laws or other current issues relevant to gun owners, instead it is to allow these discussions to flourish as opposed to devolving.

MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    New Orleans Louisiana
    Screenshot_20160901_170212.png

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    So, I think we can all agree that it was wrong for these people to have lost their right to legally defend themselves simply because they have a Marijuana prescription.
    If you disagree, go ahead and leave us a post giving a legitimate reason why you think differently.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I wouldn't, because laws and stuff.

Is it just me or there sure are a bunch of outlaws on here that want to smoke weed and play with guns?

JR1572

Ever roll a stop sign because it would have been silly to stop when no one was around for miles? Speed down a street posted well below necissary? We are all outlaws to some degree and no I don't smoke weed and haven't in the last decade but it doesn't change the fact that the law is completely moronic. Its ok to smoke squares but not left handers what makes since about that? There is no medical benefit to cigs and a wealth of reasons not to, but they are still legal. I break stupid laws that get in my way I don't care to get high anymore so I mind old uncle sam on that one.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This ruling you guys are all getting fired up about effects CA, OR, and WA. That 9th circuit, as liberal and anti-police as it is, got it right this time.

If you're that sick and in that much pain, how can anyone effectively use a firearm? Anyone thought about that?

JR1572
    How could someone that sick be expected to defend themselves without a firearm.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ever roll a stop sign because it would have been silly to stop when no one was around for miles? Speed down a street posted well below necissary? We are all outlaws to some degree and no I don't smoke weed and haven't in the last decade but it doesn't change the fact that the law is completely moronic. Its ok to smoke squares but not left handers what makes since about that? There is no medical benefit to cigs and a wealth of reasons not to, but they are still legal. I break stupid laws that get in my way I don't care to get high anymore so I mind old uncle sam on that one.

Committing a traffic violation is much less serious than possessing a CDS with a firearm. Apples and oranges.

Yes, I have violated traffic laws.

JR1572

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If they are taking heavy medication that has the potential to cause hallucinations, I think it is unwise to give them a firearm.

Be fair here one you can't smoke enough pot to hallucinate. Not gonna happen. Yes thc can cause hallucinations but the amount of pot required to accomplish that couldnot be smoked fast enough it would require extracting the thc.

Two just you have beer and guns in your house doesn't you get hammered and got to blasting away.

Three a weed high dies fast if you were to compare sobering up from boozes and weed. You would be amazed how quickly you get strait from pot.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There you are. Welcome back.

Like I said before, I have no issue with someone using medicinal marijuana for a medical issue. I have issue with people who use/abuse substances and possess firearms.

Hope that clears it up.

JR1572

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Like I said before, I have no issue with someone using medicinal marijuana for a medical issue. I have issue with people who use/abuse substances and possess firearms.

Hope that clears it up.

JR1572
    Ok, I understand that. To each their own and no problems with that. Now tell me why someone who, has a legitimate/legal reason, uses Marijuana... Why should they not be able to legally defend themselves?

Top Bottom