My land

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    WOW!

I'd have known that was Arkansas, without previous knowledge. There was a place around Heber Springs that had a dirt track. You could sit up on the mountainside and watch the races on weekend nights. Then head back to the campsite. Those were good times.

Congratulations. I'm not envious, just really pleased for you. Thank you for the PM. I would not have wanted to miss this.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Enough about the water. What about the Deer? It is beautiful. I would love it.

Well i was just up there...

I saw at minimum 10deer/day along the roadside... They are ALL OVER!

On my land I am fortunate for the water, and the terrain. The deer from the area are funneled through a particular spot.

There are also other game, and at least 2 black bear.

I have a moretorium on squirrel hunting as the former owner's brother in law slaughtered them, I noticed them working on the acorns and hickory nuts however, so that should end in a couple years.

In the Ozarks is close enough...

Taxes are going to hurt... They are $100.34 per year!:D

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Nice place. Nice price on land too. I paid $101,000 for a .5 acre lot in Prairieville and was glad to get it. I could have bought 100 acres there for the same money. :wtc:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    That is awesome man, congrats. Might also say what a great deal on the land as well. I was going to say the taxes should not be all that much but you beat me to it!!!

I am a little jealous!!!! :fawk:

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    yep, land is a biaaatch in BR. 200+ for a garden district lot here. Unlike Leonidas, I am jealous. I used to rock climb alot and those walls look beautiful for bouldering. Combine that with enough land to shoot on and real trees and you have an outdoorsmans paradise. Once you get a well and a generator your going to have an awesome vacation spot/ bug out hidey hole.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    yep, land is a biaaatch in BR. 200+ for a garden district lot here. Unlike Leonidas, I am jealous. I used to rock climb alot and those walls look beautiful for bouldering. Combine that with enough land to shoot on and real trees and you have an outdoorsmans paradise. Once you get a well and a generator your going to have an awesome vacation spot/ bug out hidey hole.

I have 2 sets of those cliffs... One is my property line.

I plan on planting fruit and nut trees. I have no interest in gardening, but trees, shrubs and some herbs I can
    Use as the opportunity presents itself...

Working list:

Chestnut
    Almond
    Pecan (many)
    Walnut
    Hazelnut bushes

Raspberries (love them)
    Blackberries
    Blueberries
    Wild strawberries
    Elderberries

Muscadine vines

Sweet silver sugar maple (my aunt taps the ones in her yard)

Apples (macintosh for one, and a juicer, not big on cooked applies)
    Pears (eating and drying)
    Plum (eating)
    Figs (eating and drying)
    Pomegranate
    Cherries (couple types, for eating and cooking)
    Persimmon
    Pawpaw

Ginseng (I'll let it grow, if I ever need the cash crop)

I'm trying to decide the sequence of events. I've got enough money to build with, but being a homeless, unemployed, disabled veteran... I hate to spend the money, but I want to get the cabin going, wasn't going to, but I was there... And I want it.

So I could build the cabin, and add the well in the spring... (dry cabin till then)
    Or... The fall is the best time to plant trees... I could do the well now (have an automatic water system about worked out) and the cabin in the spring...

Decisions, decisions...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom