Nagant GB. Pick order posted.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I used LA Awesome, available at most dollar stores, and a stiff brush.
    Spray it down, scrub with brush, rinse with water, let dry in sun, repeat until clean. (Works best in summer)

Simple green or any other similar product should work the same.

schnugee

Apr 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ammo arrived from Midway

Ammo arrived. Resisting the urge to play hookey from work and my Wednesday night ministry to open the crate and 1st can...

Lord give me patience, and give it to me now!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Used some acetone to get mine cleaned up.

What do you think?

Before

photo.jpg

After

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      220.2 KB · Views: 46
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      220.8 KB · Views: 37
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      218.5 KB · Views: 35
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      224.6 KB · Views: 36
    Last edited:

GaryCCR

Off target
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Lookin' good! I didn't see any, but you can steam out small dents as long as the grain isin't broken. It's really fun! Or, at least I thought so the first time. It was like magic! I'm not purist, you know if you saw my Mosin, but I think that wood is a nice color. I would just finish over that with some b.l.o. or tru oil. I redid mine with about 5 coats of b.l.o. with another 6-7 coats of wipe on poly and I liked how mine came out. It's in my thread about my T53.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Nice. I like the flat wood grain look. Is there a way to better protect it without adding something shiny to it?

GaryCCR

Off target
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Like I said I had great success with the wipe on poly. It is available in a satin version. The wipe-on poly gives you good protection and the re-coat window is only 3-4 hours so you can build up the coats quickly unlike b.l.o. or tung oil. But I'm certainly no carpenter, just my experience.

turboneal

Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    Well, I could have saved you all 5 bucks a rifle.. I still want a whole crate. lol Can't get on the net much here in the 'stan. Can someone PM me the link to order a crate of 20?

-Neal

Cleburne

May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Well, I could have saved you all 5 bucks a rifle.. I still want a whole crate. lol Can't get on the net much here in the 'stan. Can someone PM me the link to order a crate of 20?

-Neal

Aaauuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!! Must resist temptation to buy more Mosins, must resist, m-u-s-t r-e-s-i-s-t, mmmm-uuuu-ssss-tttt- rrr-eee-sss-iii-.......... :noes:

Last edited:

GaryCCR

Off target
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Aaauuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!! Must resist temptation to buy more Mosins, must resist, m-u-s-t r-e-s-i-s-t, mmmm-uuuu-ssss-tttt- rrr-eee-sss-iii-.......... :noes:
    I believe you've got an acute case of Mosin-itis. It happenens when you come into direct contact with cosmoline, and whenever someone mentions buying a Mosin it sounds like the best idea you've heard... Since the last time you decided to buy another Mosin. LOL!

Cleburne

May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I believe you've got an acute case of Mosin-itis. It happenens when you come into direct contact with cosmoline, and whenever someone mentions buying a Mosin it sounds like the best idea you've heard... Since the last time you decided to buy another Mosin. LOL!

Yeah, it must be Mosinitis. I told my wife cosmoline is better than K-Y Jelly, .... she's not buying it. :hsugh:

Armnhammer

Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Y'all are killing me. I went to Sherburne today and sure wish I would have had the mosin. I will pick it up Saturday and begin stripping it down. Sucks when the ATF makes me wait everytime I try to buy a gun.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom