Name the top 3 AR15’s on the market please!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rodog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2022
    Metairie
    Since we're talking old Bushmasters
    I’ve got an original Bushmaster that hasn’t failed me in about 20 years.
    Since we're talking old Bushmasters. Cool guy one point sling with dd qd buffer tube attachment and a surefire 6p.

Attachments

• IMG_6697.jpg
      IMG_6697.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 33

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Reading some posts reminds me of so many conversations with guy's I know that will cut corners on good quality for cheaply made products and claim it's just as good... I give a resounding BULLSH!T!!!

Those cheap AR's will work as long as they aren't pushed hard. If and when the budget rifles are pushed hard, they will surely sh!t the bed. I like certain AR's that have a battle proven record, or the manufacturer has proven experience.

A guy I know wanted to show me his knockoff, "just as good" Aimpoint clone, and just as he was bringing it up to show me how great it was the batteries flew out of it. That's when I said "a real Aimpoint wouldn't have done that" and then comes the 10 excuses as to why that happened. The fact is it would not have happened to an Aimpoint because they are engineered better and built better.

I've always believed in buying quality over quantity. And before anyone starts crying about budget, I ran iron sights for a long time before I bought my first quality optic.

The first AR I bought was Colt and I still have it. Zero failures.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Reading some posts reminds me of so many conversations with guy's I know that will cut corners on good quality for cheaply made products and claim it's just as good... I give a resounding BULLSH!T!!!

Those cheap AR's will work as long as they aren't pushed hard. If and when the budget rifles are pushed hard, they will surely sh!t the bed. I like certain AR's that have a battle proven record, or the manufacturer has proven experience.

A guy I know wanted to show me his knockoff, "just as good" Aimpoint clone, and just as he was bringing it up to show me how great it was the batteries flew out of it. That's when I said "a real Aimpoint wouldn't have done that" and then comes the 10 excuses as to why that happened. The fact is it would not have happened to an Aimpoint because they are engineered better and built better.

I've always believed in buying quality over quantity. And before anyone starts crying about budget, I ran iron sights for a long time before I bought my first quality optic.

The first AR I bought was Colt and I still have it. Zero failures.

People are listing the ones they feel to be at the top. If you took a poll of the AR's that people actually own, I'd bet you'd see a pretty different list. Is the PSA just as good as a DD or a KAC or a BCM? No, it is not. That's why it's not on this list. But it would show up on other lists. Is the PSA good enough? For the average shooter, yes it is.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana

People are listing the ones they feel to be at the top. If you took a poll of the AR's that people actually own, I'd bet you'd see a pretty different list. Is the PSA just as good as a DD or a KAC or a BCM? No, it is not. That's why it's not on this list. But it would show up on other lists. Is the PSA good enough? For the average shooter, yes it is.
    Very true. Someone mentioned Noveske. One of my favorite ARs was a Noveske i dont recomment them, KAC, or Daniel Defence because they are a redicoulusly priced. Personally if i wanted the best and on my budget i would choose Larue or BCM because they are just as good as the others mentioned for half the costs. Also i dont see PSA as just a range gun its a serious AR that is fairly accurate and the price is awesome. I own a couple of them.

rk06classic

Gunner
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Reserve, LA
    Why only have one? You can own a quality manufactured rifle that the majority of individuals will never cycle enough rounds thru it to destroy the barrel or wear out the parts! If you only own one rifle will the individual purchase critical spare parts for the weapon? How many individuals who purchase an AR 15 also purchase 10,000+rounds of ammunition?

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Why only have one? You can own a quality manufactured rifle that the majority of individuals will never cycle enough rounds thru it to destroy the barrel or wear out the parts! If you only own one rifle will the individual purchase critical spare parts for the weapon? How many individuals who purchase an AR 15 also purchase 10,000+rounds of ammunition?
    More than you would think.

rk06classic

Gunner
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Reserve, LA
    An individual who owns firearms would not need to ask what AR would one need if SHTF! Also most individuals who own firearms and Have many weapons also have large amounts of ammunition. My post was dealing with an individual who has a few firearms that sit in a safe!

Top Bottom