Name the top 3 AR15’s on the market please!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    With all comments given, let’s throw out all the cool name brands and put hard evidence in the equation. What is the deciding factor in buying one of these products? Accuracy? Durability? Longevity? Or for my other colleagues, Gucci?

BCG & Barrel. Pinned gas block ideally.
    This is how I look for a rifle.
    Name means nothing to me, that just happens to come with these criteria.

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    Even the best weapon can FTF or some other mishap. Why doesn't he buy the best parts and put it together himself? I've built several. It's not that hard with the right tools. And when/if something goes wrong, they can probably fix it.
    Besides... it's fun!

Attachments

• Puzzles.jpg
      Puzzles.jpg
      401.8 KB · Views: 14

jij

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2024
    New Jersey
    lol, will these hold up to an actual war? Are these combat ready? I love my DDM4V7 without a doubt. It shoots smoother than anything I have ever fired. Would you take a Gucci rifle into combat? And no I didn’t do anything to my Daniel Defense lol. I slapped a TA-31G on it with the RMR dual illuminated and some KAC buis, with a velocity 2.5 pound trigger and called it a day. It shoots like a dream!The 14 years I was in the Army, our rifles were always Colt. Other than the occasional double feed, they ran pretty decent. They weren’t the most accurate things, but they made due to our needs…..
    I’m trying to help someone out with picking the absolute best AR15 that is the most accurate, will last the longest, easiest to handle, would last as a combat rifle, and just all around amazing! Let’s hear preferences, dislikes, reasoning for like or proven performance, and experiences. There is not going to be right or wrong here. Name the top, middle, and bottom of the list choices. I for the better part trust the members on this site to give their honest opinions. From the rifles I have seen on this site to some that have been talked about, I think we can come up with a good list. Maybe after you make a list, add your dream rifle setup. That part is for me lol. Let’s play nice and get those gears turning please.
    My LWRC IC-SPR has been rock solid. Gas piston keeps it running clean vs direct impingement but adds a little bit of weight. Zero failures whatsoever through thousands of rounds and shoots under 1 moa with a 16 inch barrel with most quality ammo no problem. One downside is the proprietary handguard which limits you to using LWRC add ons but they're accessories (foregrip, grip with storage, rail panels etc.) are top notch, especially the foregrip that comes with the sling attachment as having the sling attachment mounted facing rearward seems is very nice imo. Plenty of right answers but count this as one vote for LWRC piston driven AR platform.

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    1) Noveske - if you want the best, they're the best value at top tier. I've had nothing but excellent results across 5 rifles regarding durability, accuracy, and the one time I used their customer service it wasn't their fault and they still went above and beyond regardless.
    2) Knights - people that think Noveske is expensive have no clue as to how expensive something like a Knights can get kitted out - however, the Knights stuff can legitimately claim the Stoner lineage and continued development, and is generally considered the gold standard
    3) HK, DD, JP, BCM - Everyone that is "Top Tier" is a distant third IMO

Last edited:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    My vote is for Wilson Combat.
    I thought well of them until I ordered a couple of their "match" barrels and my borescope revealed circumstances I wouldn't accept from PSA. They took them back, to their credit, but they held them out as something they were not.

The principle of "copulate with one goat, and that is all they remember" applies as I feel I caught them behind the barn - but having seen what leaves the factory with their name on it I'd never trust another Wilson anything without extensive inspection and test firing.

JP is good stuff. I don't know enough about their volume and who is beating the **** out of them to say for sure but if Noveske wasn't an option I'd consider them.

I've seen too many 416s have issues and they are generally heavier than they need to be.

Last edited:

Casper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Lake Charles
    I’m trying to help someone out with picking the absolute best AR15 that is the most accurate, will last the longest, easiest to handle, would last as a combat rifle, and just all around amazing! Let’s hear preferences, dislikes, reasoning for like or proven performance, and experiences. There is not going to be right or wrong here. Name the top, middle, and bottom of the list choices. I for the better part trust the members on this site to give their honest opinions. From the rifles I have seen on this site to some that have been talked about, I think we can come up with a good list. Maybe after you make a list, add your dream rifle setup. That part is for me lol. Let’s play nice and get those gears turning please.
    I’m gonna (read waffle) agree with most of the responses. It’s personal preference at this point. Because of reliability sustainability (I have expensive and cheap ones) I would probably suggest a lower end model (Anderson Armories) with the right guards and accessories to dress it out for application as a starter. Save the bank and try other models out as you go and range up accordingly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom