Name the top 3 AR15’s on the market please!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    An individual who owns firearms would not need to ask what AR would one need if SHTF! Also most individuals who own firearms and Have many weapons also have large amounts of ammunition. My post was dealing with an individual who has a few firearms that sit in a safe!
    Times we live in. When i first got into ARs back in the early 1990s the rule was an AR or AK, 1911, and a case of ammo for each. During Obamas time in office that all changed.

My 3 picks would be
    Spikes
    BCM
    Colt
    In no order, for accuracy LaRue. For budget PSA.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

People are listing the ones they feel to be at the top. If you took a poll of the AR's that people actually own, I'd bet you'd see a pretty different list. Is the PSA just as good as a DD or a KAC or a BCM? No, it is not. That's why it's not on this list. But it would show up on other lists. Is the PSA good enough? For the average shooter, yes it is.
    Bro the "average shooter" will get winded LOOKING at a flight of stairs. The rifle will not be the weak link for most people, arguably even for tier 1 'operators'.

Any rifle that is sold at Academy Sports will be just fine for the average John Doe who goes to the range a few times a year.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I talk my neighbors into buying large amounts of ammo and food storage but discourage them from training. I on the other hand have one good AR, training, and one good mag of ammo.
    giphy.gif

rk06classic

Gunner
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Reserve, LA
    If WW3 breaks out and the grid goes down what good would guns, ammo, and food do if you have health issues and need daily medication? How much of your daily medication do you have stockpiled?

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    If WW3 breaks out and the grid goes down what good would guns, ammo, and food do if you have health issues and need daily medication? How much of your daily medication do you have stockpiled?
    Some things are hard to plan for. I have guns and ammo not for the end of times but because i like to shoot and our politicians are horrible people. I will worry about a civil war when the tanks are rollong down our streets.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Before I close down MS Paint, is there anything else we should be stockpiling that wasn't mentioned yet?

IMG_1942b.jpg

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    PSA
    Anderson
    Bear Creek

Buy a few of each, 2 is 1, 1 is none...

Going to bet my life on one rifle, that is a difficult thing to answer...

Aside from the overwhelming availability of ammo and mags, it would not be an ar pattern gun. Nor would it be chambered in 5.56...

German made FAL? A M14? Not too sure how reliable a G3 is... 308 would be a likely candidate for a do-all cartridge, but if I had to lug around a battle rifle I may change my mind. Ak (not a us made one) has the advantage of reliability, but 7.62x39 is not a precision cartridge and neither is the ak platform. The situation will dictate the tools needed.

Your buddy needs to buy 1k worth of gun and ammo and get some range time under his belt. So a PSA and 1k plus of ammo sounds like the ticket. After he goes through 2-3k of ammo he can decide if he wants to sell the PSA and get something more expensive.

BDClone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    Louisiana
    Aren't most AR15 receivers forged at only two or three places regardless of brand? I remember reading that somewhere. If so the only difference is the internal components.
    Forging is one thing, what the company's do with them is another. If you wanna see how bad some internals are go to School of the American Rifle on IG and see some of the pictures being posted.

spt_1955

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I was going to avoid this question but frankly the large number of responses of BCM prompted me to chip in. My top list is KAC, LMT, Larue. Having said that I build some very nice ones for myself using Aero, Spikes, and SOLGW uppers/lowers and various barrels including Green Mountain, Rainier Arms, and Ballistic Advantage. Best affordable off the shelf rifle in my opinion is Daniels Defense.

Keckwerkes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2022
    Haughton Louisiana
    I’m trying to help someone out with picking the absolute best AR15 that is the most accurate, will last the longest, easiest to handle, would last as a combat rifle, and just all around amazing! Let’s hear preferences, dislikes, reasoning for like or proven performance, and experiences. There is not going to be right or wrong here. Name the top, middle, and bottom of the list choices. I for the better part trust the members on this site to give their honest opinions. From the rifles I have seen on this site to some that have been talked about, I think we can come up with a good list. Maybe after you make a list, add your dream rifle setup. That part is for me lol. Let’s play nice and get those gears turning please.
    I’ve had cheap home builds to higher end Daniel Defense and so far without a doubt the best, and still my favorite, is the Ox Firearms Trollen AR-15. Light, very accurate, quality parts, and very durable. Not to mention astounding customer service.
    1710999269921.jpeg

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’ve had cheap home builds to higher end Daniel Defense and so far without a doubt the best, and still my favorite, is the Ox Firearms Trollen AR-15. Light, very accurate, quality parts, and very durable. Not to mention astounding customer service.
    View attachment 160684
    That thing looks sweet. I’ve never heard of them. Gonna have to check them out!

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    With all comments given, let’s throw out all the cool name brands and put hard evidence in the equation. What is the deciding factor in buying one of these products? Accuracy? Durability? Longevity? Or for my other colleagues, Gucci?

VashHash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2023
    Lafayette
    Bcm and lwrc for me. Pretty sure Mac on the tubes had a bcm going 5k rds without cleaning. I'd also recommend slip 2000 ewl and their grease. Just keep em lubricated and they do pretty well.

Top Bottom