Names

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    So I was at Wal-Mart yesterday getting groceries and such. When I got to the checkout line, I noticed my cashier's name badge.

No lie, her name was Vodkanique.

Really.

I mean, I've seen some crazy made up names on cashier types before, but seriously, this one was just named after liquor. Probably the liquor responsible for her conception, if I had to guess.

Now, I believe in freedom of expression and everyone's right to do whatever stupid **** they want, but seriously, if you name your kid Vodkanique, how is that person ever, EVER going to elevate themselves to a position higher than Wal-Mart cashier? Can you see someone with that name being taken seriously even as low as middle school? A person named Vodkanique probably couldn't go to college or get any job where it even remotely matters that customers know your name. A name like that just ruins a life.

This girl was at least 20, if not 30, so she's had this name for a long time. I can blame her mother for giving it to her, but the fact she never changed it suggests she probably doesn't care to do any better than Wal-Mart cashier.

I mean, could someone named Vodkanique even ever get married? Would anyone ever utter the words "will you marry me Vodkanique?"

Ok, rant over.

What are the most ridiculous names that any of you have encountered? I know I have seen more than just this one, but the other ones escape memory at this time.

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    A lady from the church I used to go to told me see knew a woman in her previous church who'd named her daughter Clitorus. :eek3: She said she asked the woman if she knew what that meant or not and the woman said no. She said she then told the woman what it meant and that she was stupid. And, yes, knowing this lady and the way she was, she would have told the woman off.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    A lady came in to a store where a friend of mine works. When registering for an email list, she gave her name as Adasha. My friend asked for help in spelling it. The lady said "Girl that's easy...
    A-A

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Oh, I remember one:

My great grandmother used to work in whatever state/medical office that issues birth certificates. This was a long, long time ago, mind you. Apparently white doctors used to take their racism out on uneducated black mothers when the mothers would ask the doctors to help them name the child.

One that she saw on a birth certificate was Gonorrhea, but it was supposedly pronounce Ga-NOR-rea.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I see all kinds of crazy names when I'm working the ER desk at the hospital. I have a personal policy which goes "Never name your kid anything you can't find on a keychain at the mall".

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I have nothing wrong with unique names, just don't name your kid something that plays into any stereotype of ignorance.

That's why stereotypes exist, because different groups of people ACTUALLY DO the things that are stereotyped.

But Vodkanique takes it to the next level. Shaniqua is stereotypical enough, but Vodkanique is literally named after liquor.

I mean, what if I were to have a son and name him Whiskey Tom? That even seems a little less bad than Vodkanique.

whattheheck518

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    New Orleans
    (la-a) this was pronounced ladasha. the retarded parents of this girl spelt her name with a -(dash) and it is prounced dash. my cousin teaches this kid in school, what a shame. if you were to look at the name (la-a) what would you think her name was?????? certainly not ladasha

Last edited:

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I knew a set of sisters whose mother wanted all the names to sound alike,
    Regina
    La'Gina
    And....<drumroll>

Vagina!!

Also met a girl named Enamel( pronounced Ina-Mel), she said her parents named her after the color they painted her nursery because it was so pretty.

Last edited:

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    A friend that was a BR LEO once brought in a guy from the Clinton area named "Delicious Peters" (he made a copy of the guys' license to show around).

My wife once had to give nutrition advice to a young woman named "Placenta".

For those of you who are in the environmental, health and safety field, I have always thought a good source of names might be the acronyms for laws and regulations: EPCRA, ToSCA, ReCRA, OSHA, LOTO, HazMat, ANSI, ARAR, ASHRAE, etc.....

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    IIRC, orangello and lemongello were twins at sherwood middle a few years back. la-a is for true also, cant remember which school in the ebr system though.
    I know a jack daniel (white guy).
    I know a pajama (guess).
    A girl at work is named latasha but it is spelled lathucher.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Shi thead (sha thèèd) born at Dautrive Hospital in New Iberia.
    Saw it with my own eyes. Nurse said she had heard of another with the same name.

Art

Last edited:

ATSOFLA

Gunsmith for Sheepdogs
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Covington
    That's why stereotypes exist, because different groups of people ACTUALLY DO the things that are stereotyped.

Its just like warning lables on bleach that say "DO NOT DRINK". Its only on there because some dumbass actually did it.

My mom use to work at an OB/GYN that dealt with mostly Medicade/Medicare patients. Nearly once a week there was a baby named LeMonjello, Orangejello, Syphilis, or some other crazy name.

I guess there is something to be said for completeing high school!?!:rolleyes:

Just sayin.........:D

Top Bottom