Nat Geo Preppers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    I stayed back with the military for Katrina. I watched it come thru and leave, and my unit was the first on site out on the northshore. It was crazy!!! I sent my family up north since I had to stay back and pretty much told them to stay away for a couple of weeks. I encountered alot of people that were completly lost. They had no clue how to survive for a few days without any help. We lived off of old bottled water and MRE's for several days before we found a fire station in Slidell that invited us to come eat with them. I've also been to Afghanistan and I can admit I would much rather do 5 more tours in Afghanistan or Iraq than to go thru what I saw post Katrina.

The fire station across the street from the winn dixie?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Lilshaundad,
    Well, we were mainly going to check houses for friends & family. Check for damage, empty fridge, fix what we could type of stuff. No time to eat the first day. High stress. We ate dinner that night. Next morning we ate at a fire house where I knew some guys. Later that day I spotted a guy I knew was a boy scout leader. I went see him and we combined resources. We ate like royalty after that. Teaming up is where it's at. We helped anyone we could and it turned out well every time. Plus I can live with myself for every one of my actions. I don't want to do any of them if I can help it.

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    The fire station across the street from the winn dixie?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes sir. They said Winn Dixie opened the doors to them and let them have everything. They had guys cooking all day long. It was like a buffet over there.

Lilshaundad,
    Well, we were mainly going to check houses for friends & family. Check for damage, empty fridge, fix what we could type of stuff. No time to eat the first day. High stress. We ate dinner that night. Next morning we ate at a fire house where I knew some guys. Later that day I spotted a guy I knew was a boy scout leader. I went see him and we combined resources. We ate like royalty after that. Teaming up is where it's at. We helped anyone we could and it turned out well every time. Plus I can live with myself for every one of my actions. I don't want to do any of them if I can help it.

I hear ya. We did alot of the clearing in the very beginning of the emergency extraction operations. We went thru Slidell clearing the roadway for emergency vehicles to get thru. The first week or so sucked as far as eating, once we linked up with the firemen we were treated like royalty.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    why in the holy hell would you want to advertise on national tv that you have this amount of supplies, in the 2nd episode so far all i see is some extremely out of shape ppl

15 minutes of fame & money.....10 minutes of fame & money.....5 minutes of fame & money......huh? what da ya mean we're cancelled?

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Saw 1 of the episodes 2nite + the 1 on demand, gonna watch other on dvr. Seems pretty decent tho the chick from texas seemed a bit clueless in first part. I had to laugh at the expression of the California guy being told he needed to buy a gun for protection tho :mamoru:

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Yes sir. They said Winn Dixie opened the doors to them and let them have everything. They had guys cooking all day long. It was like a buffet over there.

I hear ya. We did alot of the clearing in the very beginning of the emergency extraction operations. We went thru Slidell clearing the roadway for emergency vehicles to get thru. The first week or so sucked as far as eating, once we linked up with the firemen we were treated like royalty.
    That intersection of Robert Rd and Brownswitch Rd close to those places yall are talking about was like a war zone with the masses of downed power lines, going North on Robert Rd which is two way was only one lane that crossed from side to side due to downed trees and power-lines. Came back Tuesday too, lots of people carrying weapons out in the open, it was like a war zone but people are tired of hearing our story now, were old news. Several weeks later I would sit in that parking lot at night across from the fire station and steal the UPS stores wifi, one of only a few places that came back on line a month later.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Just wonder why , I suppose cause it's TV...that they picked the way far out people for this show, maybe to make anyone prepping for problems look nuts ??

This group didn't appear like any one I know in real time who are what I consider preppers. They looked like what I'd use if I wanted to make preppers look goofy.

Not to say what they are doing is nutz, it's not, all good solid info to me and some of us who are ready to handle that kinda info. BUT to the general public I'm afraid they looked like some zombie killahs

The shipping container dwellers...smart and tuff
    Silver trader ...haha, no comment
    Houston girl...I'd prep dat

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I think it's funny it always shows these really overweight people strutting around ninja style in their tac vests, gas masks, and rifles. They will be the first to die. I havent watched it yet, but saw on the commercials they had that big fat fattie woman that was like "when everyone else is starving, I still have a hundred pounds to lose". No bitch, you got an extra hundred pounds that I can slice up and feed to my dogs. Cuz they love bacon. Then imma raid your stuff and move it to my place because I'm in shape and can carry it all. So thanks for hoarding, one ton.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just wonder why , I suppose cause it's TV...that they picked the way far out people for this show, maybe to make anyone prepping for problems look nuts ??

I dunno, if I had to guess its more of a ratings thing, like a "hey look at these crazy fu***rs on the tv." That is how they do most shows now, and I really don't like it. Same way they make everyfrom louisiana out to be two brothers on swamp people.

guist-bros-490x326.jpg

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I'm excited to see this show. I got a ruger 10/22 with one magazine no sling and a s&w model 19 with a holster and no ammo pouch (cargo pants lol) a camel back (smaller one) and a back sack that I'd hopefully put useful things into. I'm ready! I dont think i could take it as seriously as some of those people but its pretty cool to see them do it, one guy has a convoy setup for his family, 2 converted school busses and 2 pick up trucks with one towing a trailer with livestock.

So, They are going to "bug out" when they already live on a farm with tons of supplies, wind power, garden and farm animals. Where are they "bugging out" to? :dunno:

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    I didnt find that they made them look crazy , well at least most of them anyway. The fat Ham operator looked a little cooky prancing, dancing, and jumping around with the M1A at bayonette charge ready.

The liberal couple from New England just doesnt "get it" ,as far as I'm concerned. You have all of these supplies, these tools, a hundred thousand dollars in canned food and machines , and you're criticizing other folks for thier decision to stockpile a couple of grand worth of guns and ammo? She seems to believe that after the collapse, her New England village will be some quant little eutopia , where all of her neighbors will gather together in the center of town in an organic market to barter thier homemade yogurt against some apple cider vinegar. And there will be no need for firearms to protect them , because her little village will somehow be immune from the plague's of society that wreak havok everywhere else. While every other town, every other known city, is under the gun, and roaving groups of pirates loot, murder, raid, rape, and pillage thier way thru the aftermath of whatever catastrophy lunges us into the dark ages, HER little village will survive unscathed. Untouched by those atrocities ; and there will be no need for a firearm in her village of blissfull peace (ignorance) because violence is an inconvenience that will not make it's way into her "bubble". I cant help but think back to a scene from a movie named "A Clockwork Orange" , where thugs force thier way into an older couples home and have thier way with the wife, while the husband is unable to do anything to stop it.

Ignorance is bliss for a New England liberal.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    The New England bunch had a killer set-up. They were very impressively prepared, had a lovely garden, lots of human-powered tools, and great community involvement. But no guns, so taking all their **** should be cinch.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    So, They are going to "bug out" when they already live on a farm with tons of supplies, wind power, garden and farm animals. Where are they "bugging out" to? :dunno:
    Maybe thats plan b? the logisitics of it is very impressive. That convoy has enough to keep going for 3 years.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Watching it now on youtube, first video was the family in arizona with the pond setup that was pretty killer IMO, about to watch number 2
    I can't find it on Youtube. All I'm finding is the one from last year with the pond/pool guy, the guy with the bomb/silo, the lady with all the groceries beiing delivered to her home at night and the nutnfancy guys showing off the wood buring engine and stuff. Has anyone found last nights episodes online yet?

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I've been reading a lot of SHTF books lately; Lights Out, One Second After, Patriots, Survivors and Lucifer's Hammer. And still have to read Alas, Babylon, Earth Abides, The Road, World Made by Hand, How to Survive the End of the World, I Am Legend, Lord of the Flies and World War Z.

Some of the take aways from all the books I've read so far is a) A Society is only 3 meals away from Anarchy b) You're not going to survive on your own so you better buddy up, c) Location, Location, Location, d) Keep a low profile and any important information on a need to know basis.

Obviously these people haven't read these books or haven't learned from them.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Well, assuming you are in prime physical condition, don't be surprised if some old out-of-shape fart takes you out while you're basking in your superior attitude. There are quite a few not-in-great-shape old folks who "bugged in" during Katrina, and survived quite handily.

Steve, sheesh. Stop prancing around the tree and go ahead, tell him you're still able to kick his ass. :D

Top Bottom