New Charger Cop Cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Don’t worry. I’m sure I’m not the only one here who doesn’t view you as a know it all.

How much more likely are you to be pulled over by someone who passed you or was broadside? Give me some numbers. How many traffic stops are there a year? How many at night? How many turned around before pulling someone over at night?

Since you know this is a prevalent problem, you should be able to state how many reports a year there are of people being pulled over by an impersonator?

From personal experience, I can tell you the overwhelming majority of traffic stops I’ve conducted at night have been my pulling up behind someone. A very small percentage involved me making a u-turn or me being stopped and pulling behind them after they’ve passed. My real world experience does not agree with your *far more likely* conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have no scientific data sets to consult, but I have anecdotal so here goes.

I have been stopped probably 25 or more times in my life

I would estimate 1/3 were during daylight hours.

Oddly enough most of the tickets resulted from daytime stops.

Less than half the stops resulted in tickets by the way.

Not a single instance have I ever been stopped where I was unable to identify the department prior to the stop. And that includes riding the Natchez Trace at night.

I have never needed to call 911 to confirm and the only time I was ever stopped by an unmarked unit was from crossing the street car line on canal during the daytime. Dude was cool about it. It was a dumb@ss move and I deserved the tongue thrashing he gave me.

I would say if not every stop then almost stopped was initiated after I passed them while stopped or in the opposing lane. But I have never ever been surprised by blue light in my rear-view.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    But let’s be honest it’s easier to say you’re moving goal posts or ignoring questions whenever two people struggle to have a meeting of the minds.
    Ok, I’ll be honest. Here goes:
    I don’t think it’s worth my time to argue any points or go out of my way to explain my point or position on this forum where I personally know like a dozen folks. In real life, I’ll discuss and bring all that to the table but things are way more cordial in that environment. More times than not, when questioned here as to my personal views, intent, proof, or otherwise anything I consider personal, I don’t give a fat flying fart about satisfying someone’s query. I discuss. Period. Take it or leave it. When the discussion takes on the debate or apparent feelings of butthurt I usually turn to the classifieds. That prolly pisses off those wanting to argue regardless of point, but i just don’t owe anyone here anything and I do plenty of real sh:t for folks here.
    In short, I don’t feel obligated to satisfy someone else’s need to spat. But I’ll make popcorn for anyone here for entertainment purposes like myself!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don’t think it’s worth my time to argue any points or go out of my way to explain my point or position on this forum where I personally know like a dozen folks. In real life, I’ll discuss and bring all that to the table but things are way more cordial in that environment. More times than not, when questioned here as to my personal views, intent, proof, or otherwise anything I consider personal, I don’t give a fat flying fart about satisfying someone’s query. I discuss. Period. Take it or leave it. When the discussion takes on the debate or apparent feelings of butthurt I usually turn to the classifieds. That prolly pisses off those wanting to argue regardless of point, but i just don’t owe anyone here anything and I do plenty of real sh:t for folks here.
    In short, I don’t feel obligated to satisfy someone else’s need to spat. But I’ll make popcorn for anyone here for entertainment purposes like myself!

Someone feels left out. No one was even talking to you. Think it was Perez,bang, and myself for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Here’s a story that kind of fits in this conversation.

When I was a teenager I was driving one day and came to a traffic light. Looked over and a goofball in an s10 had a racing tach on his dash, so Neutral rev for giggles and I looked in my mirror and there was a warden. Well s10 goofball evidently didn’t see the warden so when the light went green he dumped the clutch. Lights came on and I enjoyed a good laugh.

:dogkeke:

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

The comment you quoted was me poking fun at Perez, but it seems like you took as me commenting about you. Maybe I don’t understand.

I personally enjoy arguing it’s a welcome detour to my daily grind.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well I have no scientific data sets to consult, but I have anecdotal so here goes.

I have been stopped probably 25 or more times in my life

I would estimate 1/3 were during daylight hours.

Oddly enough most of the tickets resulted from daytime stops.

Less than half the stops resulted in tickets by the way.

Not a single instance have I ever been stopped where I was unable to identify the department prior to the stop. And that includes riding the Natchez Trace at night.

I have never needed to call 911 to confirm and the only time I was ever stopped by an unmarked unit was from crossing the street car line on canal during the daytime. Dude was cool about it. It was a dumb@ss move and I deserved the tongue thrashing he gave me.

I would say if not every stop then almost stopped was initiated after I passed them while stopped or in the opposing lane. But I have never ever been surprised by blue light in my rear-view.

Maybe you don’t understand the magnitude of what you’re talking about. According to research done by Stanford, there are, on an average day, more than 50,000 people pulled over. The news reports on 1 or 2 impersonators a month? If the media is reporting only 1% of those incidents, you’re looking at under 7 out of 50,000 per day, or one out of 7500. If your 25 stops happened over 10 years, the chance you would have been pulled over by a fake cop is 1% of 1% of 1%. That’s the same odds as pulling one specific penny out of a pile of 1,000,000 pennies. Tell us again how this epidemic is getting out of control.

It’s interesting that there was never an instance where you didn’t know if the person pulling you over was a fake cop. And that includes being pulled over by an unmarked unit.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The comment you quoted was me poking fun at Perez, but it seems like you took as me commenting about you. Maybe I don’t understand.

I personally enjoy arguing it’s a welcome detour to my daily grind.
    No, no, not at all man. I’m just giving my fix to all the fuss. I felt like I could see where you were coming from. I quoted part of your post so I could comment and only give my personal perspective. It’s fun to get on here and discuss, but it seems a few peeps get carried away. Many won’t tell you how that turns them away from a discussion. Many won’t mention anything of trolling. I’m just saying how entertaining it is to sit back and watch the spectacle. And for some reason I like some snacks during those times, like when I’m at the movies or on the couch watching a good ballgame.
    Btw, the S-10 story, LMAO! That’s awesome.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Maybe you don’t understand the magnitude of what you’re talking about. According to research done by Stanford, there are, on an average day, more than 50,000 people pulled over. The news reports on 1 or 2 impersonators a month? If the media is reporting only 1% of those incidents, you’re looking at under 7 out of 50,000 per day, or one out of 7500. If your 25 stops happened over 10 years, the chance you would have been pulled over by a fake cop is 1% of 1% of 1%. That’s the same odds as pulling one specific penny out of a pile of 1,000,000 pennies. Tell us again how this epidemic is getting out of control.

It’s interesting that there was never an instance where you didn’t know if the person pulling you over was a fake cop. And that includes being pulled over by an unmarked unit.

All but one traffic stop came already equipped with decals. The decals are reflective on purpose.

Now the risk of it being a imposter is low but integrating more unmarked units into the traffic detail will more than likely increase the risk and will certainly increase the risk of a citizen falling for it. It’s my belief the the police are there to help reduce risk to the average citizen and that’s why even a little increase in risk is unacceptable to me.

Additionally the one unmarked unit stopped me in broad daylight on canal. I felt pretty confident it was legit.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    No, no, not at all man. I’m just giving my fix to all the fuss. I felt like I could see where you were coming from. I quoted part of your post so I could comment and only give my personal perspective. It’s fun to get on here and discuss, but it seems a few peeps get carried away. Many won’t tell you how that turns them away from a discussion. Many won’t mention anything of trolling. I’m just saying how entertaining it is to sit back and watch the spectacle. And for some reason I like some snacks during those times, like when I’m at the movies or on the couch watching a good ballgame.
    Btw, the S-10 story, LMAO! That’s awesome.

I couldn’t have been more than 17 at the time it was dumb luck I looked in the mirror. Thank God I did. I had my share of mischief but the only moving violations I have ever received were for speeding. A Wreckless driving or something to that sort would have been pretty difficult to deal with at that age.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I couldn’t have been more than 17 at the time it was dumb luck I looked in the mirror. Thank God I did. I had my share of mischief but the only moving violations I have ever received were for speeding. A Wreckless driving or something to that sort would have been pretty difficult to deal with at that age.
    I had my share of driving troubles at that age, but I grew up racing motocross so with my fascination of speed and Mopar muscle and State Capitol Dragway Just an hour away to fuel the beast inside I just couldn’t help it.
    Earlier this year I had a dude pass me on the shoulder of I-12 near Walker exit to fill the small gap I left in front of me. It was a special moment when I saw that black barely marked Charger light him up. I was finally able to stop laughing and catch my breath around the Livingston exit.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All but one traffic stop came already equipped with decals. The decals are reflective on purpose.

Now the risk of it being a imposter is low but integrating more unmarked units into the traffic detail will more than likely increase the risk and will certainly increase the risk of a citizen falling for it. It’s my belief the the police are there to help reduce risk to the average citizen and that’s why even a little increase in risk is unacceptable to me.

Additionally the one unmarked unit stopped me in broad daylight on canal. I felt pretty confident it was legit.

You’re blaming the police for the actions of the criminals. An increase in unmarked units does not cause an increase in criminal activity.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Earlier this year I had a dude pass me on the shoulder of I-12 near Walker exit to fill the small gap I left in front of me. It was a special moment when I saw that black barely marked Charger light him up. I was finally able to stop laughing and catch my breath around the Livingston exit.

Wow. It’s a good thing that tough to spot police car was there to catch the guy who seemed to lack integrity. If it were an obvious police car, the guy may have not tried it that time. But with a ticket, the guy might decide it’s not worth it next time either.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Having someone impersonating a police officer is of way less concern to me than having policing for revenue schemes. I like small government, and you can't say you want a small government but a big police state. I think what police do should be massively scaled back and have them focus on violent and victim based crimes.

Even with my lack of concern of impersonating a police officer I think it could easily be done, in a very convincing fashion. Between surplus, new police items anyone can buy and modern printing technologies you could impersonate anyone from Barney Fife to someone on the swat team in full battle rattle very easily, including marking a vehicle.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You’re blaming the police for the actions of the criminals. An increase in unmarked units does not cause an increase in criminal activity.

But it does desensitized the public to activity that may in-fact be illegal. That opens up opportunities for criminals to take advantage of. All that would be much less likely if the police stuck to using easily identifiable vehicles.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Wow. It’s a good thing that tough to spot police car was there to catch the guy who seemed to lack integrity. If it were an obvious police car, the guy may have not tried it that time. But with a ticket, the guy might decide it’s not worth it next time either.

Listen I get it those kinds of stories almost make me think it’s worth it. That guy got what he deserved no doubt and any who doesn’t enjoy hearing stories like that just doesn’t belong on the road with the rest of us, but he would have never tried that crazy crap if he saw a clearly marked unit 2-3 cars back.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Gosh I hope not! I can always use a laugh like that. Besides,
    something tells me it ain’t his first or last rodeo (lapse of good judgement) on the road, but it was cool watching him torque that sphincter and definitely the best laugh I’d had in a while.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Wow-what a thread I started I just wanted to show how they looked. As there are not many cars that a department has to pick from nowadays.
    I thought they would be a great car with or without Decals.
    I still see cars from the 90's on the road good to see that "Some Departments" have they $ to give some a new car.
    Nothing like that "New Car High" And Cops live in a car.
    The other day I saw my buddies old car on the road. Man, it is "Old" now Real Old!
    I have no idea who has it but was astonished that it is still out there.
    I know when I finally dropped $ on a new work truck for the 1st time ever. As I was tired of repairs and high fuel usage. As well as the long hours I spent in it. It was like night and day.
    The Ghost or not does not bother me

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But it does desensitized the public to activity that may in-fact be illegal. That opens up opportunities for criminals to take advantage of. All that would be much less likely if the police stuck to using easily identifiable vehicles.

Criminals will be criminals and will find opportunities. They won't simply go away because a method isn't working. Your solution will simply shift crime and make the police less effective.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Criminals will do what ever they can.
    Pretend to be the police. Go to home and pretend to be the Atmos Gas Company's man. Or the electric man from Entergy.
    Any many more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom