NEW Red Jacket AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    The customer doesn't HAVE to do anything. In fact, you don't HAVE to be a customer at all. ;)

Oh, I'm not. I prefer to buy rifles from Colt or BCM. I just personally didn't like what i saw regarding the color situation. That's my opinion, I am free to have it and say something about it, and they are free to ignore it for all I care.

I've said what i have to say. I'm done.

davemanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    New Orleans, La.
    IMG_2793.jpg

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I wish they had picked a different barrel vendor and a different muzzle device. Id like to know who's supplying the uppers and lowers. It seems to pass the eye test though.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    I wish they had picked a different barrel vendor and a different muzzle device. Id like to know who's supplying the uppers and lowers. It seems to pass the eye test though.

Different from who ? We feel our AR is OK going out with our flash hider which is proprietary for our suppressors .

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Dam I want one, really bad, hunny I know what I want for Christmas.

Beautiful rifle guys, the picks look great. Red Jacket looks to be first class on everything they manufacture. The 1911 looks great also.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

Since you asked...Daniel Defense. Nobody in the industry uses the exacting manufacturing process Daniel Defense does. There is a reason HK sub'd HK416 Barrel Production to them.

The muzzle device is great if I plan on using your can. If I don't plan on buying a can I have a flash supressor that doesn't. Id like to see an A2 Birdcage or AAC Blackout non-mount offered. But that's just my nickels worth. Im probably not your target customer anyway.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    D.D. does nice stuff , good bunch of guys to do business with . We got to spend a good bit of personal time with their senior staff up at the AUSA conference too , always nice to put a face to a voice . Well , you're right about the flashhider . If you don't plan on using our suppressor then you're stuck with just having a good looking , very effective flashhider . Or replacing it with whatever you want . My "target customer" is the guy in the market for a factory custom AR of exceptional quality .

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Dam I want one, really bad, hunny I know what I want for Christmas.

Beautiful rifle guys, the picks look great. Red Jacket looks to be first class on everything they manufacture. The 1911 looks great also.
    Thank you bro . Our approach is to build it right and let the market decide . I'm firmly convinced that there is always room in the market place for a quality product .

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Will im not bashing your product. My hope is you sell a million of them. I've been forced to spoon with Jay so I deffintly have a bias for DD stuff. I think your flash hider looks cool. I don't think it works as well as some of the other stuff on the market. I wasn't trying to come across as snooty. Im not your target customer because im not buying anymore ARs. I have what I need. I have contacts who tend to take care of me in the swag department. If I did decide to buy something I would be looking for something very specific. I.E. im a full custom guy not a factory custom guy.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Will im not bashing your product. My hope is you sell a million of them. I've been forced to spoon with Jay so I deffintly have a bias for DD stuff. I think your flash hider looks cool. I don't think it works as well as some of the other stuff on the market. I wasn't trying to come across as snooty. Im not your target customer because im not buying anymore ARs. I have what I need. I have contacts who tend to take care of me in the swag department. If I did decide to buy something I would be looking for something very specific. I.E. im a full custom guy not a factory custom guy.

right on man , didn't take it that way , just wanted to answer you . Jake , I met , not sure about Jay , but hell , their where 3-4 of them running around , not sure I'd pick any for spooning if I had the option lol :) . I'll respectfully disagree with you on the f/h , I've tried most and I find that ours works as good or better [bias freely admitted ] :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I saw some flow analysis modeling done in Solid Works that wouldn't agree and heard some comments from one of your customers that support the modeling but it's a subjective thing I guess. Like I said I hope you sell a million of 'em

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom