NEW Red Jacket AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Really? And that works for you? Because they basically just chose to charge more for something because they didn't want to keep any in stock? If that's the case, then why say in the OP, that the rifle is available in any color at that price.

That does work for me. Keeping inventory in obscure colors that they may never sell is not good for business. Those stock sets are not cheap, why tie your money into that?

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    That does work for me. Keeping inventory in obscure colors that they may never sell is not good for business. Those stock sets are not cheap, why tie your money into that?

But why does the customer have to pay more for an equal priced option that they advertise at the original base cost?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    But why does the customer have to pay more for an equal priced option that they advertise at the original base cost?

If you would really like to get technical they do offer multiple colors at the base price. The ad never stated that Foliage Green and OD green would also be available, much less at the same price.

ALSO this ad was a direct copy of what is on the website where the prices are listed, I'm sure no one imagined someone would be so upset over the $25 otherwise they would have noted this in the OP.

Lastly, how do you know it is an equal priced option? Maybe they get bulk order discounts when they order the other products? Again it is not only about money, if someone has to order this separately then someone on the assembly line has to find your designated stock in the storage room it will take more labor and add more confusion.

It is no different then special ordering a color on a car. The paint may or may not cost much more but the fee you pay to have this done is often exorbitant.

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    Flies I will check on your delay in the morning, We had a pretty big volume of orders the past two weeks and we have been tieng up some much need items while the Cameras are away.

The other colors might cost pretty much the same on the order, but they cost me more to get, (FDE and Black are a standing PO)so I compile those special orders and then I have to order them by phone only those few that are ordered and payed for. 50 sets cost about $28 in shipping total, 4 Green costs about $18 in shipping... I won't charge you for the economy of scale lesson but I don't work for free and shelf space aint cheap!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Will needs to hire my wife to run that office . Stephanie could go take a cruise and relax , and that place would get whipped into shape in short order .:D

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Plus OD green and FG are ugly... so I charge an Ugly charge.... yours wasn't the one of the 3 green ones, huh?

J/K

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Those are some nice looking AR's. I'm anxious to hear reports on how they shoot. (I'm sure they are top notch).

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    wtf is with all the bitching about how a private business runs its own business? They set their prices where they do for their own reasons, and while they may explain some of those reasons, they surely don't have to. If you don't like the price, or don't think this shop is better than any other... then don't spend money there. I've never dealt with RJF b/c I've never had the cash to drop, but my understanding is they are a good place to do business. If you have customer service issues, call them on the damn phone. Don't hang out your dirty laundry where the whole neighborhood has to see it.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It appears that maybe it WAS a lack of communication at RJF , and with myself , coupled with a busy office staff . Everything appears to be coming together and I hope to see my new rifle in a few days . A lot of things have transpired behind the scenes and I appreciate everyone's help .

davemanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    New Orleans, La.
    Mojo,
    I always get a delay on my calling in of paperwork when I purchase a firearm, my question, can I swing by and fill out the paperwork early or fax it in?
    I'm all paid for with receipt in hand,
    sorry to bother.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Mojo,
    I always get a delay on my calling in of paperwork when I purchase a firearm, my question, can I swing by and fill out the paperwork early or fax it in?
    I'm all paid for with receipt in hand,
    sorry to bother.

-I don't work for them anymore, so this is not the 'official word' but my jaw will drop if there would be ANY problem with you doing this.

Make the Appointment and do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom