NEW Red Jacket AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yes, that you need to work on your reading comprehension.
    re read the thread. I still did not see who made the parts that they assembled this rifle from. If you can point me to where that was mentioned, ill freely admit my oversight. So far, I have seen a lot of emotion, and just a few data points. Emotion is nice, glad to see the local economy getting a boost and another branded ar on the market, but so far noone has touched on the answers to my questions about it.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I suppose a few hundred bucks for a warranty lasting a lifetime is a good deal, though, and the specs so far offered do put it ahead of bushmaster and some for sure!

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    re read the thread. I still did not see who made the parts that they assembled this rifle from. If you can point me to where that was mentioned, ill freely admit my oversight. So far, I have seen a lot of emotion, and just a few data points. Emotion is nice, glad to see the local economy getting a boost and another branded ar on the market, but so far noone has touched on the answers to my questions about it.

That's because I didn't say.

I don't always know what I know that is public knowledge, and what I know that I'm not saposta share. So when I don't know... I don't tell.

HOWEVER: I 'Testify' that they are top shelf parts. And I think you will find (If you bother to look) that even those who don't like me will (Should) admit that that's good enough. (I'm no expert, but I know a thing or 2)

Otherwise... Red JAcket has a website and an Email.

-But you shouldn't need it though, didn't you already say you came up with this rifle first?:mamoru:

I'm done with you.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    That's because I didn't say.

I don't always know what I know that is public knowledge, and what I know that I'm not saposta share. So when I don't know... I don't tell.

HOWEVER: I 'Testify' that they are top shelf parts. And I think you will find (If you bother to look) that even those who don't like me will (Should) admit that that's good enough. (I'm no expert, but I know a thing or 2)

Otherwise... Red JAcket has a website and an Email.

-But you shouldn't need it though, didn't you already say you came up with this rifle first?:mamoru:

I'm done with you.
    Had your reading comprehension served you well, you would clearly see that I did not claim to have done anything first. Basically, its a collection of parts assembled by rjf, with appropriate mark up and a warranty? That is all I wanted to know. They didn't make anything, they assembled it from non-proprietary sources from what you are saying? That was both my question and supposition. I made further inquiry to determine if their barrels were made by FN, noveske,LW, etc. To be fair, if they don't want to say who thy bought them from, they don't have to. I just wanted to know what separated the rifle from any other with identical features. Apparently the fanbase and warranty, so far. I'm done with you, too *blows raspberry and makes face* lol

Last edited:

angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    Wow there's a lot of emotion here. Cmon guys, this isn't the ar forums. I think the guy who compared it to the smith and wesson moe had a valid point. The only visible differences are the flash hider and the emblem on the side. That's not a crack at either gun. Despite what i've heard here, the new model M&P15's are made by smith and are excellent quality. I bought one for my wife and have been very impressed with it. I wish I had bought one for myself instead of my rock river. The fit and finish is excellent. The ones Smith put out a long time ago were actually made by stag and were not up to the same standard, but now they make their own. That said, I'm sure there probably are internal differences, and the price is good. When Will makes a mid-length I will probably sell my rock river mid-length and get one. Let's try to stop the bashing guys, we are all adults here.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I told her that I would pay the balance when I picked it up and she said that it had to be paid for before it would be built .
    That's not the deal that Will laid out . I'll be glad to pay the balance , but I would have rather known this up front to avoid further delay .

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    so what was the final price on these? i thought i read somewhere on this thread about it changing except im too lazy to go back through every page...not gonna lie

edit - ya nvm i think it was the 1911's price that changed

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I want one of the monolithic piston ar's but when I think about owning another scar16s I go back to indecision someone want to donate me $2,000 so I can buy both:dunno:

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    We do have the first run mostly built, we are hold off on final assembly and furniture as it is an individual thing, so before we drop the last parts on we get final payment. If we have a green gun then there is no sense in building it unless the purchase is finalized, the next green gun or black or with 14" /perma hider or what ever is 6 or 10 down the line!

Dan, As far as the you payed more that half, I am not sure about what that is about, please PM me Specifics.

On the guns they will be shipping by next Friday. You local boys will probably have the option of pick up by Wednesday or Thursday, if you final payment was in.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I've read the entire post and went to the RJF website and there is no component listing to be found, as far as I can tell. If I missed it, someone point that out to me please.

Also, there are other companies that offer a life-time warranty. Bravo Company for certain offers a lifetime warranty.

Also, why does it cost extra to get OD or Foliage green Furniture, when there is no up-charge for black and FDE? I would imagine that RJF would get the Magpul furniture at the same cost regardless of color.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've read the entire post and went to the RJF website and there is no component listing to be found, as far as I can tell. If I missed it, someone point that out to me please.

Also, there are other companies that offer a life-time warranty. Bravo Company for certain offers a lifetime warranty.

Also, why does it cost extra to get OD or Foliage green Furniture, when there is no up-charge for black and FDE? I would imagine that RJF would get the Magpul furniture at the same cost regardless of color.

It says those colors are special order so I would imagine you pay for the time it takes them to place an order, shipping, and generally making things more confusing.

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    I stock FDE and Black, (we use hundreds of the CTR in these two colors) I order the OD and FG because they are unpopular colors, thus the custom order charge.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    It says those colors are special order so I would imagine you pay for the time it takes them to place an order, shipping, and generally making things more confusing.

Really? And that works for you? Because they basically just chose to charge more for something because they didn't want to keep any in stock? If that's the case, then why say in the OP, that the rifle is available in any color at that price.

Top Bottom