New RJF 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    We have one slated for Field & Stream and Small Arms Review . They should do some pretty thorough write ups on it .

I'm willing to SACRIFICE my own free time and do a review for Bayou Shooter. I'm not happy about it one bit, but I'll do it. I want to be thorough though, so I'll probably need a year or two (and a few thousand rounds of ammo) to accomplish this selfless task.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I like the front cocking serrations but would opt for a GI guide rod and a short, flat trigger. Looks to be ready to compete in USPSA Single Stack division, right out of the box.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    what happend to the survial gun that folds into a box i saw last night on one of the reruns?

Short version ; nothing . we built up a concept gun , liked the concept but not the gun . feel the only way to do it properly is as a complete ,new , ground up design . We'll get back to it once we've cleared a few other irons from the fire .

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Charlie, You need to bust VLTOR's chops and produce/resurrect the Bren Ten pistols originally built by Thomas Dornaus and Michael Dixon. This was done as a Col. Jeff Cooper design based on the CZ-75. http://www.bren-ten.com/website/id2.html
    This was also the pistol used in the Miami Vice series by Don Johnson (Sonny Crockett) It would be great to have someone produce these pistols for the Bren Ten enthusiast who long await these fine pistols made to quality for long term use. There were 10mm and 45ACP with some pistols being made as dual masters having slides to shoot both calibers.

marksman-softcase.jpg

VLTOR has dropped the ball on this project and are said to have the rights to the Bren Ten. They were said to be making some internal changes to improve things but have not produced the pistols for public sale. Many people including myself had prepaid orders for these thru Bass Pro Shop waiting but VLTOR never produce them.

If anybody could make these fine guns, it could be your shop...Red Jacket Firearms! I truely enjoyed the show and article in NRA magazine. Best of luck in you buisness my friend!

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Charlie, You need to bust VLTOR's chops and produce/resurrect the Bren Ten pistols originally built by Thomas Dornaus and Michael Dixon. This was done as a Col. Jeff Cooper design based on the CZ-75. http://www.bren-ten.com/website/id2.html
    This was also the pistol used in the Miami Vice series by Don Johnson (Sonny Crockett) It would be great to have someone produce these pistols for the Bren Ten enthusiast who long await these fine pistols made to quality for long term use. There were 10mm and 45ACP with some pistols being made as dual masters having slides to shoot both calibers.

marksman-softcase.jpg

VLTOR has dropped the ball on this project and are said to have the rights to the Bren Ten. They were said to be making some internal changes to improve things but have not produced the pistols for public sale. Many people including myself had prepaid orders for these thru Bass Pro Shop waiting but VLTOR never produce them.

If anybody could make these fine guns, it could be your shop...Red Jacket Firearms! I truely enjoyed the show and article in NRA magazine. Best of luck in you buisness my friend!
    I appreciate the confidence , that would be a really big production project to get off the ground . We'll see how this next year goes . Will

Top Bottom