New RJF 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You've never been to Baton Rouge if you think it's in a swamp. Although I know a show on TV that sure portrays it that way... :)

Sorry I had to.

Dave

Hercules

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Rincon GA
    Hey Charlie... First time poster.... Sorry.... What is the present price for the RJF 1911? This thred says 1,895 and the webb site says 1,685. This could be due to different features, I am not sure. Also, will normal 1911 .45 ACP mags work such as Wilson Combat 47 T 10 round magazine?
    Thanks in advance for your responce.
    Hercules

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hey Charlie... First time poster.... Sorry.... What is the present price for the RJF 1911? This thred says 1,895 and the webb site says 1,685. This could be due to different features, I am not sure. Also, will normal 1911 .45 ACP mags work such as Wilson Combat 47 T 10 round magazine?
    Hercules

$1685 is for the Black $1895 is for the stainless slide.

Hercules

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Rincon GA
    Thanks for the info...

Any additional info anyone could offer 1685+ is a lot of money for a poor old country boy like me. I can do it but I must dig deeeeeeeeep......

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Hercules
    price was covered . Yes , they fit .

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm was going to try to withhold judgment until I get to see one, but I'll be honest...I doubt I ever will.

So I'll say on first look, I think the price is too high... it looks to me that it's just a STI Lawman (MSRP 1419.60) rebranded... or a very similar gun, assembled at Red Jacket.

There is a huge difference between a Wilson/Nighthawk VS. others... and it's not JUST about performance... I have a Springfield Operator that has been extremely reliable and accurate, and I'd put it up against any custom 1911 out there... but when you start to compare the fit and finish to a Wilson or Nighthawk, there is no comparison. Wilson and Nighthawks cost the big $$ because they are literally works of art... no machine marks, sharp edges, etc. Everything fits perfectly.

Aaron
    Then there is the Springfield Professional... It's about the QUALITY of the components, the knowledge and skill of the 'smith and how well it works. Not sure on what "extremely reliable" means (but it surely vary with the owner/operator) but check out the current issue Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement page 12.

There is NOTHING inexpensive about a HIGH QUALITY 1911. Don't fool yourself.

Last edited:

Chezz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Will, You say you had a FTE on one of your 1911s and from that point on it sounded like you couldn't trust the reliability of the design. It sounds like there are no major modifications to the classic 1911 design in your version, so what did it take for Vince to convince you he created a solid and reliable product?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Will, You say you had a FTE on one of your 1911s and from that point on it sounded like you couldn't trust the reliability of the design. It sounds like there are no major modifications to the classic 1911 design in your version, so what did it take for Vince to convince you he created a solid and reliable product?

How can someone just 'decide' it's the design when over 90 different makers have cranked out 'their version' of the design?

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    He started by educating me on what I had [ not getting into it] , and then , on what he could do . As it turned out , there were/are a lot of "money saving" parts and techniques being put into a lot of the 1911's on the market . He went at from the "what's best" rather then "what's cheapest" standpoint , nothing fancy , just " what works" .

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    I have seen some somewhere on the net, a metal lower frame for a glock. You put your slide on top and shoot away. If RJF can get the all metal Glock out there that would be something.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    the all steel glock, glock pioneered the polymer pistol. Thats the defining point of glock. Dont get me wrong i really wouldnt mind getting a steel frame for my g17, its not like it would be hard to change the gun back and forth. at the same time this notion i dont know? just bugs me? no real reason the product makes sense as in there are people out there that own glocks, but also love all steel guns, then it defeats the purpose the glock was made for...in my eyes at least. I love and hate that ccf frame

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    the all steel glock, glock pioneered the polymer pistol. Thats the defining point of glock. Dont get me wrong i really wouldnt mind getting a steel frame for my g17, its not like it would be hard to change the gun back and forth. at the same time this notion i dont know? just bugs me? no real reason the product makes sense as in there are people out there that own glocks, but also love all steel guns, then it defeats the purpose the glock was made for...in my eyes at least. I love and hate that ccf frame

An extremely simple and proven design with a metal instead of plastic frame.

The point of the polymer frame is low cost, consistent manufacturing. No more, no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Good luck with your 1911. Seems to be reasonably priced to me compared with what's in it, who's doing it, etc.

Now to the real reason to even respond (other than to see if the post could really hit 20 pages :) ).

When you clear the other irons from the fire and if you decide to proceed on a Glock package...put me in the VERY interested column. Seems to be some shops out there, besides Bowie and Robar, who are getting into this niche and pushing the $2500 Glock envelope. And they're doing it too. Now...a G19 length grip frame, in aluminum, for G17 slides....Hmmmmmm. Yep, VERY interested. And with a local service option and RJF's guarantees. VERY, VERY interested. Can ship in state or drive to deliver or pick up. VERY, VERY, VERY interested. :)

Anywhoo...best of luck with your 1911 offerings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom