Obama's 10 Point Firearms Plan.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Anyone seeing the fallout from this announcement yet? Academy, gun stores, etc? I can see the panic buying happening already(even though it isn't THAT bad), but would love to hear any first person experiences.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Anyone seeing the fallout from this announcement yet? Academy, gun stores, etc? I can see the panic buying happening already(even though it isn't THAT bad), but would love to hear any first person experiences.
    Academy on vets was pretty well cleaned out. Only the top tier 9mm left, bulk 223 gone, all buy three ARs gone. 10/22s cleaned out. More silliness.

I keep a large buffer of ammunition including 22, but I went ahead and made a bulk order I'd been planning for a while.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What I glean from this? More Government employees! This dumbass is a job creating wizard!

The down side (and what I feel is the biggest part of this story) of his hiring more federal employees? Find me one federal employee that ever quit their jobs in the name of liberty, freedom, and/or abiding by the Constitution!

Build a big enough army of dependents (eg federal employees with powers potentially above Constitutionality), you eventually win the game of Risk!

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Given the number of large gun dealers (Academy, etc.) with a policy of not selling a gun if a background check fails to complete in the alloted time, instead of the default sales completion that the law allows, I suspect increasing the staff to run background checks would tend to lead to more completed sales, not less.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    10. Huh...

I was reading a link a liberal acquaintance of mine posted on Facebook that went a little ways in explaining the thinking behind this one. In summary, one of the supposed reasons that the major gunmakers aren't looking into "smartgun" technology is because they see no big buyers in the future. Without the potential for large, serious-money orders coming from militaries and hundreds of federal/state/local government agencies dragging the civilian market behind it, they see no reason to get on board and start pushing large sums of their money into the research necessary to really bring the concept to widespread fruition. The belief seems to be that if the administration pushes these departments towards such research as a nudge towards adopting such technology, the gunmakers will see the lure of lucrative profits and get in line to finally advance the concept and eventually teaching us that we're all better off without "dumb" guns.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Given the number of large gun dealers (Academy, etc.) with a policy of not selling a gun if a background check fails to complete in the alloted time, instead of the default sales completion that the law allows, I suspect increasing the staff to run background checks would tend to lead to more completed sales, not less.

This one:
    The President’s FY2017 budget will include funding for 200 new ATF agents and investigators to help enforce our gun laws.

Alcohol is under control (unless you're an alcoholic)! Tobacco is slowly going away (unless you're an idiot)! Firearms are the new frontier for phony ideological zealots!

More federal employees hired in the wrong beauracracy!

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Just my take on this. (My comments in RED)

1. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is making clear that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business — from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks.

I don't see anything here that changes current law.

2. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is finalizing a rule to require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust, corporation, or other legal entity.

This is just 41P?

3. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is overhauling the background check system to make it more effective and efficient. The envisioned improvements include processing background checks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and improving notification of local authorities when certain prohibited persons unlawfully attempt to buy a gun. The FBI will hire more than 230 additional examiners and other staff to help process these background checks.

Do we have gun stores open 24/7? Or would the night shift guys just be playing catch up from the days backlog? Shouldn't this be instant? Shouldn't they be putting more into the online system to speed up processing times?

4. The President’s FY2017 budget will include funding for 200 new ATF agents and investigators to help enforce our gun laws.

This seems to be a waste of money. After all the ATF fiascoes they need to cleanup the ATF not expand it.

5. ATF has established an Internet Investigation Center to track illegal online firearms trafficking and is dedicating $4 million and additional personnel to enhance the National Integrated Ballistics Information Network.

I'm not sure on this, but generally think we need to cut spending, not increase it.

6. ATF is finalizing a rule to ensure that dealers who ship firearms notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen in transit.

Is this not required now? This should be done, even if not required.

7. The Administration is proposing a new $500 million investment to increase access to mental health care.

Depending on how it is implemented, it has the potential to be a lot of wasteful spending. But we do need to do something.

8. The Social Security Administration has indicated that it will begin the rulemaking process to include information in the background check system about beneficiaries who are prohibited from possessing a firearm for mental health reasons.

I have SERIOUS privacy concerns about this.

9. The Department of Health and Human Services is finalizing a rule to remove unnecessary legal barriers preventing States from reporting relevant information about people prohibited from possessing a gun for specific mental health reasons.

I have SERIOUS privacy concerns about this.

10. The President has directed the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security to conduct or sponsor research into gun safety technology.

Political posturing. Not even worth addressing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What really irks me, is this is all BS. Does anyone REALLY believe this dumbass gives a rat's ass about victims of gun violence? If any democrat or any politician for that matter, was truly sincere about the victims of gun violence they would address the source of the violence; the offenders! That would of course point a large finger at the black demographics. Cowards will never broach that reality!

Death by 1000 cuts is what these ideological retards are doing, and they know exactly what they are doing to get there. By the latest poll numbers, there are about 30% of the country that will go along with ANY plan these scumbag phony democrats will put forth to take the 2nd Amendment down. Including kicking peoples doors in to physically take guns.

Think about that for a minute! There are 105 million so called Americans that would have no problem following these morons right to your law abiding door as they step over the dead bodies laid there by the true villains.

There was a time in this country where EVERYONE looked to the Constitution for American guidance and steadiness! Now there are people that look at that edict as an obstacle!

We are doomed!

Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    "Death by 1000 cuts is what these ideological retards are doing, and they know exactly what they are doing to get there. By the latest poll numbers, there are about 30% of the country that will go along with ANY plan these scumbag phony democrats will put forth to take the 2nd Amendment down. Including kicking peoples doors in to physically take guns."

In his speech he said "until we have a congress that is more in line with the majority of the American people"...I'm going to do what I want. How infuriating is that?!!!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "Death by 1000 cuts is what these ideological retards are doing, and they know exactly what they are doing to get there. By the latest poll numbers, there are about 30% of the country that will go along with ANY plan these scumbag phony democrats will put forth to take the 2nd Amendment down. Including kicking peoples doors in to physically take guns."

In his speech he said "until we have a congress that is more in line with the majority of the American people"...I'm going to do what I want. How infuriating is that?!!!

Not as infuriating as having an Executive Branch that can essentially do what it wants, knowing full well much of it is Unconstitutional at the outset, while it takes months for a legal case to overturn the dumbassery! <New word alert! :awais:

I can't be 100% certain, but I believe that the last 5 Presidents and 1 dumbass have done more damage to the checks and balances of power in the US than all the others combined. Each subsequent one, steps further and further over the line on Unconstitutionality and yet, the less can be done about it. The dumbass has been the worse; and I believe that he has broken US laws that should have him in prison right now. Hillary Clinton too. But look around; one criminal is still pretending to be the president, and the other criminal is running to succeed him.

The Republic will not last!

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I have a question. Does a private owner selling a firearm have the right to call in for a NICS approval like the FFL's do? Can we have someone fill out the form and call it in?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have a question. Does a private owner selling a firearm have the right to call in for a NICS approval like the FFL's do? Can we have someone fill out the form and call it in?

That ability is what everyone needs if what the dumbass wants is to be done. I don't believe he, or any of the phony gun haters, wants that to work as sensibly as that. They want a name (of a gun owner), and a subsequent fee for it.

Another good idea above and beyond the dumbass' stupid idea is to have a number available to regular people to call in a serial number on a potential gun sale or purchase to see if it is stolen. And only if, it was guaranteed to be anonymous and untracked. Then, if it was hot; like in life, you could choose to call the actual cops after you told the thief no thanks.

Anything done the dumbass's way would make you an accessory after the fact if the gun was found to be hot. So f**k him! But, that would be nice!

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Number 9 is highly concerning to me. This is going to disproportionately affect veterans, trauma victims, anyone with the "wrong" diagnosis code on their electronic medical records. Suicidal cases, anyone on psychiatric medications - this is deliberately very vague and very broad and has the potential to be used as a blunt instrument for forcible confiscation. Which is what Obama wants, of course.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Number 9 is highly concerning to me. This is going to disproportionately affect veterans, trauma victims, anyone with the "wrong" diagnosis code on their electronic medical records. Suicidal cases, anyone on psychiatric medications - this is deliberately very vague and very broad and has the potential to be used as a blunt instrument for forcible confiscation. Which is what Obama wants, of course.

Yeah sounds just like a perfect "rule of law" that the atf could manipulate misquote abuse and defy in order to disarm the American people.

nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe

Yeah sounds just like a perfect "rule of law" that the atf could manipulate misquote abuse and defy in order to disarm the American people.

YALL MEAN LIKE THIS...

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...m-Ordinance-Cant-Shoot-Anywhere-in-the-Parish!

Top Bottom