Paleo Diet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    So a named "diet"/eating plan = garbage?
    My problem is that there are people out there who latch on to a named diet that they intend to follow in the hopes of losing weight and after a few weeks they stop the diet for various reasons. They also stop the exercise and go back to their regular foods and daily lifestyle. Following a named diet is difficult for people because they focus on the restrictions or the cost of following the diet. I have a meal plan established and follow that meal plan, but then again, I have made it up in my mind to change myself both in my weight and general health. I had elevated cholesterol levels so I watch the types of fats I eat. I've even forced myself to eat broccoli because it's good for me. I eat oatmeal, albeit dry, because it's good for me. There was an article(details escapes me) that rated the top 25 named diet plans and how they stack up to help people lose weight, give consideration to people with diabetes, high cholesterol, etc. The paleo diet scored low (I think bottom ten) because it didn't account for heart health and folks with diabetes. If someone doesn't have heart or sugar issues then it might work for them, so long as that person is mentally dedicated to stick with the diet.

The best diet in the world to reduce weight, cholesterol, diabetes, etc. etc. will not work for someone who's too lazy to stick with it.

f3m4

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Zachary, LA
    I lost around 30 pounds in four months on it last year, and that was with no increase in exercise and not even following the diet on the weekends.
    I need to start it again.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Mmmm paleo

y8NTU.jpg

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    What's under the bacon? Looks like some kinda pasta and cubed carrots or tomatoes? What's on top the strawberries? BTW, I'm digging the half gallon of water!

SHEEPDOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Go to the FOODEE website. They had a 30 day paleo challange and provided weekly meal plans. The meal plans were for 7 days and were prepared on Sunday. It took me about 4 hours of cooking for the entire week. You can also check out the WHOLE 30 web page for more info.

Top Bottom