Real Talk

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Just remember to make
    some conservative babies because the world needs them! Otherwise we're doomed, the libs breed like there is no tomorrow.
    That time has passed for me.
    When I say Freedom, I truly mean Freedom.
    No kids, no woman, because that's where the money, peace, and time disappear (er, "go").

Guess I'll have to get an OnlyFreedoms page. LOL

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Many years ago my freinds and I were sitting in the dorm and we tried to figure out what was cheaper, ladies of the night or a wife. We had no idea how expensive keeping a wife would be!

However, I am approaching my 18th wedding anniversary this month. Guys (and gals), I found a good woman who compliments me and has taken up the slack pretty much every time it was needed. I am the "pusher" in the relationship for the most part, but she has a bunch of initiative and gets things done. We work together, and while that does cause some issues, I would not be as successful as I am without her. We have a daughter and between the 2 of us we have guided her in a good direction and she has taught me many things and expended my understanding of the world.

I can imagine finding a good woman like that these days is difficult. I have watched some of my friends try and fail, so I guess I am just lucky. Better to be lucky than good I guess. But my advise is to not give up.

I read the following from Benjamin Franklin many years ago and it stuck with me:

"It is the Man and Woman united that make the complete human Being. Separate, she wants his Force of Body and Strength of Reason; he, her Softness, Sensibility and acute Discernment... If you get a prudent healthy Wife, your Industry in your Profession, with her good Economy, will be a Fortune sufficient."

Not everyone wants to be married or in a relationship, and I respect that. To each their own. Just be mindful that the reasons you choose are your own and not those of the society that you follow...

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Many years ago my freinds and I were sitting in the dorm and we tried to figure out what was cheaper, ladies of the night or a wife. We had no idea how expensive keeping a wife would be!

However, I am approaching my 18th wedding anniversary this month. Guys (and gals), I found a good woman who compliments me and has taken up the slack pretty much every time it was needed. I am the "pusher" in the relationship for the most part, but she has a bunch of initiative and gets things done. We work together, and while that does cause some issues, I would not be as successful as I am without her. We have a daughter and between the 2 of us we have guided her in a good direction and she has taught me many things and expended my understanding of the world.

I can imagine finding a good woman like that these days is difficult. I have watched some of my friends try and fail, so I guess I am just lucky. Better to be lucky than good I guess. But my advise is to not give up.

I read the following from Benjamin Franklin many years ago and it stuck with me:

"It is the Man and Woman united that make the complete human Being. Separate, she wants his Force of Body and Strength of Reason; he, her Softness, Sensibility and acute Discernment... If you get a prudent healthy Wife, your Industry in your Profession, with her good Economy, will be a Fortune sufficient."

Not everyone wants to be married or in a relationship, and I respect that. To each their own. Just be mindful that the reasons you choose are your own and not those of the society that you follow...
    Very fine post, Brother.

The struggle is over for me. The drama and the unnecessary stress that comes with it. Marriage comes with the threat of divorce and with divorce comes the threat of being stripped of huge portions of the assets earned over the duration of the marriage, and then some. That last statement is made possible by the government courts and is the main reason so many men are avoiding that contract.

Then consider how many women are unfaithful. I've been down that road as well. I currently know a married woman, married to a high-earning man that has provided her an amazing, abundant life, and I know the man she's having an affair with. It's not my business and I do not ever even think of "intervening", but it is just another confirmation for me to shake my head at.

I am wholeheartedly delighted for everyone involved in solid relationships, but I've personally walked away and I could not be more content. The serenity and solitude bring me an unfathomable level of peace. I've seen too much through life to go back into that chaos.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Sly makes a good point here.
    The man who (often) best gets along with women is the man who can get along without 'em.

Going one's own way is not about hating women. It's about self improvement and self preservation. Long Live The Kings.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    This is the first I've heard of this "soft guy era". I will not partake in this because I go my own way and make my own way but it is hilarious nonetheless.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    "Most men over 30 have Ed"...she forgot to say the rest, "when they meet a girl like me."
    1000000922.gif

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    When it trends on social media, I basically immediately discount it from having any value or worth. Maybe not the best way to be, but to me social media is just turds circling the bowl. If you have enough time to waste on engaging with social media you are not learning or exploring enough.

I get not wanting a freeloading woman, and I have certainty seen such behavior from some ladies, and some men as well. But to me that is just a known issue in the dating world, and you have to navigate carefully. This is not a new problem.

I don't think we need a whole group of people banding together to point out the obvious. Just don't engage those women that are free loaders or gold diggers. Unless they are super attractive to you and you can put up with the negatives.

I did not see any women in that video that would qualify for my last sentence. Just sayin'

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    When it trends on social media, I basically immediately discount it from having any value or worth. Maybe not the best way to be, but to me social media is just turds circling the bowl. If you have enough time to waste on engaging with social media you are not learning or exploring enough.

I get not wanting a freeloading woman, and I have certainty seen such behavior from some ladies, and some men as well. But to me that is just a known issue in the dating world, and you have to navigate carefully. This is not a new problem.

I don't think we need a whole group of people banding together to point out the obvious. Just don't engage those women that are free loaders or gold diggers. Unless they are super attractive to you and you can put up with the negatives.

I did not see any women in that video that would qualify for my last sentence. Just sayin'
    I agree completely.
    I've lived a lot, been with many women (many hot women as well), learned a lot, lost a lot.
    I'm finally done and am happy, content.

So I'm thorough, do know that I personally didn't get this idea from social media. I've been moving toward this for years and found out I'm not the only one, by far.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom