Real Talk

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    55 great years of marriage and our only issues are serious health issues.
    Not too far behind you. This year will mark 53 years for us. One of the biggest steps I made towards a healthy life was walking away from alcohol in 1976. I have never smoked....not even once. I try to watch my weight but the older I get the more difficult that is becoming.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    My parents have almost nothing in common, but they are best friends and have been happily married for 55 years. It's amazing to me because almost all of my friends had divorced parents and mostly had deadbeat dads. I have family members that are divorced 2-4x each.

It gave me a very cautious perspective in relationships. I wanted my first love to be my only and forever like my parents experienced, but thankfully it did not work out with that one. 15 years later, and twice as many failed relationships, my fiance found me and said I was hers forever, that I could not escape. She hunted me down like a Komodo dragon tracking a bitten deer. That was 7 years and some white hairs ago. We'll see. The eye drops are not unreasonably depleting, and we seem to love each other because we don't have anything in common other than values and morals. Perhaps there will be clones one day if the Creator so decides.

I never want to date again. People my age are so hurt, and young people are mostly retarded.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Not too far behind you. This year will mark 53 years for us. One of the biggest steps I made towards a healthy life was walking away from alcohol in 1976. I have never smoked....not even once. I try to watch my weight but the older I get the more difficult that is becoming.
    My parents have almost nothing in common, but they are best friends and have been happily married for 55 years. It's amazing to me because almost all of my friends had divorced parents and mostly had deadbeat dads. I have family members that are divorced 2-4x each.

It gave me a very cautious perspective in relationships. I wanted my first love to be my only and forever like my parents experienced, but thankfully it did not work out with that one. 15 years later, and twice as many failed relationships, my fiance found me and said I was hers forever, that I could not escape. She hunted me down like a Komodo dragon tracking a bitten deer. That was 7 years and some white hairs ago. We'll see. The eye drops are not unreasonably depleting, and we seem to love each other because we don't have anything in common other than values and morals. Perhaps there will be clones one day if the Creator so decides.

I never want to date again. People my age are so hurt, and young people are mostly retarded.
    Good job, Fellas. You Guys are Victors!

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Once you become an achiever, you can afford to truly dress yourself. Don't worry about it until you can truly afford it.

1000000616.jpg

https://stateandliberty.com/collections/athletic-fit-dress-shirts

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

I have dated every major ethnicity except for Asian, and this is pretty on...but the hot/crazy chart still applies, it's just a different kind of crazy that is equally awful.

I met a Filipino woman at work who told me that I should go to the Philippines and get myself a nurse. If this one doesn't work out, which I really do hope it does and I work towards it working, I will do exactly that or I'll get myself a Mexican lady. Ph & Mx women seem to treat their men really well.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I have dated every major ethnicity except for Asian, and this is pretty on...but the hot/crazy chart still applies, it's just a different kind of crazy that is equally awful.

I met a Filipino woman at work who told me that I should go to the Philippines and get myself a nurse. If this one doesn't work out, which I really do hope it does and I work towards it working, I will do exactly that or I'll get myself a Mexican lady. Ph & Mx women seem to treat their men really well.
    If my current one doesn't work out, I'll just occasionally play. There won't be another serious one.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Once you become an achiever, you can afford to truly dress yourself. Don't worry about it until you can truly afford it.

View attachment 159110

https://stateandliberty.com/collections/athletic-fit-dress-shirts
    While there are others, my favorite pants to wear with my S&L dress shirts are G-Star pants. I'm 5' 10" and wear G-Star pants with a 36" inseam so they stack well.

The info in the listing at G-Star (that I'll include) will likely state the model is 6' 3" wearing a 32" inseam, so consider that.

This pants outfit pairs perfectly with dress sneakers. I prefer the likes of some Sperry or Cole Haan or similar.

https://www.g-star.com/en_us/shop/men/basics/d02190-5126-239

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    While there are others, my favorite pants to wear with my S&L dress shirts are G-Star pants. I'm 5' 10" and wear G-Star pants with a 36" inseam so they stack well.

The info in the listing at G-Star (that I'll include) will likely state the model is 6' 3" wearing a 32" inseam, so consider that.

This pants outfit pairs perfectly with dress sneakers. I prefer the likes of some Sperry or Cole Haan or similar.

https://www.g-star.com/en_us/shop/men/basics/d02190-5126-239
    6'3" and wearing a 32 inseam? Those my friend are Capri pants...

Im an old bastard for sure, I know the style has changed, and the "fit" is slimmer for sure. It certainly flatters some body types, mainly slim/trim dudes. If you happen to have any sort of bulk to you, I feel like it looks like you are wearing your little brothers clothes. A good fit is one thing, but overly tight under the arms and around the upper arm just looks like you are trying to hard to sell something that is not worth buying, ie skinny arms.

I will say that the tapered leg pants do look cleaner than the old straight legs. But they do need to cover some of the shoe, which is what i imagine you are saying with the "stacking" comment. Looking at some of the style ads I just have to chuckle, looks like those dudes are wearing women's clothing... But just like women's clothing adds, the male models do not accurately represent the bulk of men, this what looks good on them does not always translate. I follow a lady on youtube that gives conservative style advise to men, and she says that a good pair of pants or jeans are a must.

Now take all of this with a grain of salt... I am a t-shirt and shorts guy, somewhat for convenience, mostly for the weather (i hardly ever get cold, too angry since I just read something triggering on bayoushooter!), and I end up crawling around on the ground and inside cars at work, so I need some give in my attire, for those activities!

Nothing wrong with wanting to look good, the moral boost is legitimate, and other people might take you more seriously. Plus we all know that's what the ladies want, a trophy dude.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    6'3" and wearing a 32 inseam? Those my friend are Capri pants...

Im an old bastard for sure, I know the style has changed, and the "fit" is slimmer for sure. It certainly flatters some body types, mainly slim/trim dudes. If you happen to have any sort of bulk to you, I feel like it looks like you are wearing your little brothers clothes. A good fit is one thing, but overly tight under the arms and around the upper arm just looks like you are trying to hard to sell something that is not worth buying, ie skinny arms.

I will say that the tapered leg pants do look cleaner than the old straight legs. But they do need to cover some of the shoe, which is what i imagine you are saying with the "stacking" comment. Looking at some of the style ads I just have to chuckle, looks like those dudes are wearing women's clothing... But just like women's clothing adds, the male models do not accurately represent the bulk of men, this what looks good on them does not always translate. I follow a lady on youtube that gives conservative style advise to men, and she says that a good pair of pants or jeans are a must.

Now take all of this with a grain of salt... I am a t-shirt and shorts guy, somewhat for convenience, mostly for the weather (i hardly ever get cold, too angry since I just read something triggering on bayoushooter!), and I end up crawling around on the ground and inside cars at work, so I need some give in my attire, for those activities!

Nothing wrong with wanting to look good, the moral boost is legitimate, and other people might take you more seriously. Plus we all know that's what the ladies want, a trophy dude.
    You are absolutely correct; 6' 3" wearing 32" inseams is capris. LOL

The more slim, athletic, "tailored" fit is a winner on some body types, yes, and you're right, "not all". My BMI is pretty low and my body is more hard/fit than some percentage of the population. A good body is a gift to yourself. An ensemble of steel plates, a few bars, and a decent bench don't cost much and don't take up much space. Eat well and exercise.

You're spot-on with "stacking". Stack is the extra fabric in the legs that builds folds in the material after it stops at the footwear. The inseam is longer than it "needs" to be. With tapered or slim fit jeans/pants, the moderately-stacked result is very clean, IMO.
    I don't do skinny jeans BUT I do have several pairs of Jordan Craig stacked jeans that are pretty much skinny fit which I don't really like but I do wear them on rare occasions for a completely different style.

In the heat of Louisiana Summer I wear more below-the-knee cargo shorts with t-shirts if much of the day will be outdoors but I prefer to dress more "up" most of the time. You're correct again, about many people taking you more seriously when dressed "up" versus shorts and a t-shirt, and that's almost 100% across the board.

In the context of women showing "sexual appreciation", these athletic fit dress shirts worn with well-fitting pants or jeans and appropriate footwear is absolutely King.
    Keep facial hair trimmed very low (tight scruff or clean), and always smell fantastic with a well-performing fragrance.

Know your worth. Never simp. Always be a King.

Top Bottom