shaving with a classic double edge razor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    LOL not to make light of your misfortune, but it seems like you'd have to make one hell of a slip to make a gash deep enough to open a jugular...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You cut yourself that deep with a safety razor? Did you put the blade in sideways? You do know it goes inside in the handle right? You don't tape it to the top.

Dave

I agree Feather blades are ridiculously sharp.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Yea, that was a good one.

Yea I'm still trying to use Tuff Stuff Carpet cleaner to get the coffee stains I spewed out of my nose last night out of the carpet after reading Daves comments!

10544runnymeadedr028.jpg

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    All of this talk about double edged razors got me thinking. I vaguely remembered seeing an old razor around the house.
    Well I found a Schick Krona and a set of old Gillette single edge blades.
    From what I can tell,,,the Krona is supposed to be a double edged safety razor, so I am not sure why it has an old tin of Gillette Super stainless single edge blades with it.
    Hmm,,,I'll have to look into this a bit more,,,maybe give the old double edge shave a try.
    All of the talk about the great shaves you all are getting has definitely perked my curiosity. And the price is much better. Mach 3's are so expensive.
    I'm going to look around here some more,,,,since I am a bit of a hoarder,,,I think I have a better razor around.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    the Krona is supposed to be a double edged safety razor, so I am not sure why it has an old tin of Gillette Super stainless single edge blades with it.
    Hmm,,,I'll have to look into this a bit more,,,maybe give the old double edge shave a try.

DSCN7527.jpg
    [/IMG]

No don't do that!

That old Korona is junk! Simply send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you! lol:D

PM me for me to send you a self addressed stamped package to sent it to me!

Snookie

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I hereby resurrect this thread by saying, we now have a "The Art of Shaving" at MoLA on "The Boulevard." Apparently they do shaving there too.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    My old Buck fixed blade does wonderful......Maybe because I sharpen it with the Lansky sharpener set of stones:noes::rofl::bowrofl: I use the Schick razor with 5 blades,gotta go slow though,but it makes my shave baby smooth...ya know when the wife says OOOOOOO baby thats smooooottttthhhh !!!!!:mamoru:

Top Bottom