shaving with a classic double edge razor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Wish I knew your secrets. I've tried 3 different blades so far, and the Feather is best of the three but even with it I don't get as good a shave and the irritation is a lot worse than either the Schick Hydro or the Gillette Fusion. I've used at least 10 different creams and gels.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Wish I knew your secrets. I've tried 3 different blades so far, and the Feather is best of the three but even with it I don't get as good a shave and the irritation is a lot worse than either the Schick Hydro or the Gillette Fusion. I've used at least 10 different creams and gels.

HUM Sorry to hear that? You try sensitive skin products I'm sure?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I got the same shaving cream! What blades are you using if you don't mind me asking?

So far I've used derby's and astra's. The astra's are far superior.

The key is the angle and the pressure. You're shaving hair, not skin. So only let the weight of the razor be the only pressure on your face. Naturally, there may be whiskers left after this pass, so you lather up and go again in a different direction.

You are using a shaving brush right?

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The wetter the better both for shaving cream and other things. Also shave only after your shower it makes a BIG difference.

Dave

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    The wetter the better both for shaving cream and other things. Also shave only after your shower it makes a BIG difference.

Dave

These three agrees with you Dave

Thanks

sexy-boobs.jpg

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So far I've used derby's and astra's. The astra's are far superior.

The key is the angle and the pressure. You're shaving hair, not skin. So only let the weight of the razor be the only pressure on your face. Naturally, there may be whiskers left after this pass, so you lather up and go again in a different direction.

You are using a shaving brush right?

No, no brush, I have neither the time nor the patience for that nor do I have the time and the patience to do it a 2nd or third time. If THAT is the trouble that I'm having then I'll have to concede my only use for a DE is in the cabinet with a stash of 5K blades for an after TSHTF scenario. I'll go back to the way toodamnexpensive Gillette or Shick blades. THey work well, fast and in one pass with no irritation, I just don't like their price.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    No, no brush, I have neither the time nor the patience for that nor do I have the time and the patience to do it a 2nd or third time. If THAT is the trouble that I'm having then I'll have to concede my only use for a DE is in the cabinet with a stash of 5K blades for an after TSHTF scenario. I'll go back to the way toodamnexpensive Gillette or Shick blades. THey work well, fast and in one pass with no irritation, I just don't like their price.

Yea, DE's require more prep work and a slower pace. I guess it isn't for everyone.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009

LOL Don't chunk those blades away> lol

I got more time than money, if you decide to go back I'll find a good home for them lol!

Top Bottom