Shooting In Terrytown, Road Rage??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    So typical!

People have to prove their point behind the wheel.

If they started off face to face, it would never happen.

When that happens to me, I just smile and wave.

yep

I try not to even acknowledge them...nothing I could gesture their way would calm them down, so I just drive normal...which actually probably infuriates them even more lol

Surfmonkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Covington, LA
    .One man has a gun (Gasser)...the other guy does not have a gun (McKnight)...unless McKnight was beating the **** out of him or trying to run him over with his car, I would think that the shooter would have a difficult time defending the use of "deadly force"...now, are there some other circumstances out there?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sure sounds like there's more to this story than what the...."witnesses" on social media presented as truth.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    .One man has a gun (Gasser)...the other guy does not have a gun (McKnight)...unless McKnight was beating the **** out of him or trying to run him over with his car, I would think that the shooter would have a difficult time defending the use of "deadly force"...now, are there some other circumstances out there?

If an ex football player sized person got out of his vehicle and was verbally or physically threatening you, would you not feel the need to defend yourself? I definitely wouldn't want to wait until that guy was ACTUALLY physically assaulting me before I drew.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So the 3 spent rounds were inside the shooter's vehicle.

Whoever the idiot was who claimed the shooter stood over McKnight and finished him off- can she face charges? She should....:mad:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    So the 3 spent rounds were inside the shooter's vehicle.

Whoever the idiot was who claimed the shooter stood over McKnight and finished him off- can she face charges? She should....:mad:

Which means either: He shot form inside his own car or He picked up the shells and placed them in his car after the act

?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Which means either: He shot form inside his own car or He picked up the shells and placed them in his car after the act

?

I'm no expert, but if he truly stood over and shot the guy, I think ballistics and evidence on the ground would be pretty apparent. I mean standing over a guy and shooting him is surely to leave a mess on the ground directly under the guy in most situations...right?

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States

?

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand just had a press conference. Says don't believe anything you read on Facebook, lol. He says the shots were fired from inside Gassers vehicle. Said he was definitely not shot while lying on the ground. B/t that, the coroners other details, and his release, I would hazard a guess that McKnight was trying to come in through his window.

Apparently this road rage incident began on the Crescent City Connection.

Also, this:
    West Bank NAACP Pres Gaylor Spiller: "Why was he released? This young man, from what I can understand, begged for his life."
    NAACP head Morris Reed: "We think a black man was lynched yesterday. We are demanding answers."

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I'm no expert, but if he truly stood over and shot the guy, I think ballistics and evidence on the ground would be pretty apparent. I mean standing over a guy and shooting him is surely to leave a mess on the ground directly under the guy in most situations...right?

Yes absolutely, I agree...I was just trying to think of the available scenarios that would land the brass in his own car.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The Sheriff was very careful with his answers. And I'm glad he addressed the raw stupidity of rushing to conclusions.

He was asked by a reporter why he (Gasser) was released if he admitted to the shooting. Normand answered 'In this state, there are relative statutes that provide a defense to some crimes.'
    But those are the kind of facts many don't wish to hear.

So let's just see what plays out. I mean- the sheriff already put some previously damning "details" to rest as false information (for those capable of thinking).

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Word on the street is, some activists plan to block roads in the Westbank this evening. And possibly the expressway.

Top Bottom