Shooting In Terrytown, Road Rage??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Between the riots about to kick off over this, and the 500 shot police chase over here, that plate carrier is not looking so stupid now, eh?

56047364.jpg

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The Sheriff was very careful with his answers. And I'm glad he addressed the raw stupidity of rushing to conclusions.

He was asked by a reporter why he (Gasser) was released if he admitted to the shooting. Normand answered 'In this state, there are relative statutes that provide a defense to some crimes.'
    But those are the kind of facts many don't wish to hear.

So let's just see what plays out. I mean- the sheriff already put some previously damning "details" to rest as false information (for those capable of thinking).
    Yes he says that at 1:40PM And goes on the say the yes it was a Homicide, But can also be a "Justifiable Homicide" as well! that is why they are investigating all facts that pertain to the case.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I guess in today's world, it would be best to determine if the person whom's ass you wish to whip is armed or not. This may alter the desired results of the ass whipper vs the ass whippee. :mamoru:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    11:45 into it has says it on that U tube one i just knew it on real time {CST} as i DVR'ed it for my wife

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Louisiana Revised Statutes Chapter14:20

A homicide is justifiable:

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle.

"If you look at the ‘Stand Your Ground’ law in Louisiana, if I’m in my vehicle, it’s just like me being in my house," explained WWL-TV legal analyst Donald 'Chick' Foret. "Let’s say, perhaps, hypothetically, that Joe McKnight was trying to get into my car, and I thought that it was reasonable for me to use deadly force to keep him out of my car, I can use deadly force, that’s the justifiable homicide."

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    The way the press release describes the bullet trajectories, I'd say the fellow was reaching well inside the car of the shooters window as in an assault. Bang bang out go the lights!

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    He seems to be handling it quite well considering all the extra interference and agendas outside influences are surely launching on him. I found it interesting that the guy who raised the deceased (father?) was a JPSO deputy. In the end though, facts will likely not matter to those bent on chaos.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Louisiana Revised Statutes Chapter14:20

A homicide is justifiable:

(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40), against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle.

"If you look at the ‘Stand Your Ground’ law in Louisiana, if I’m in my vehicle, it’s just like me being in my house," explained WWL-TV legal analyst Donald 'Chick' Foret. "Let’s say, perhaps, hypothetically, that Joe McKnight was trying to get into my car, and I thought that it was reasonable for me to use deadly force to keep him out of my car, I can use deadly force, that’s the justifiable homicide."

I've been having an ongoing discussion with a bunch of my friends via GroupMe and they can't seem to get it through their heads that shooting someone trying to come into your is a justifiable shot.

Top Bottom