Shooting In Terrytown, Road Rage??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    The Times Picayune and The Advocate are both really poor sources of information. Both publications and their websites are used to stir the pot of racism that will continue to make things worst.

I'm noticing this more and more

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    thx

I'm not sure how this charge/arrest makes sense with the known facts right now...anyone have the LA definition of Manslaughter?

I guess we'll know more after the 10a conference :dunno:

LA RS 14:31

Clicking on Title 14 gives you an error on the LA RS website for some reason.

§31. Manslaughter

A. Manslaughter is:

(1) A homicide which would be murder under either Article 30 (first degree murder) or Article 30.1 (second degree murder), but the offense is committed in sudden passion or heat of blood immediately caused by provocation sufficient to deprive an average person of his self-control and cool reflection. Provocation shall not reduce a homicide to manslaughter if the jury finds that the offender's blood had actually cooled, or that an average person's blood would have cooled, at the time the offense was committed; or

(2) A homicide committed, without any intent to cause death or great bodily harm.

(a) When the offender is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of any felony not enumerated in Article 30 or 30.1, or of any intentional misdemeanor directly affecting the person; or

(b) When the offender is resisting lawful arrest by means, or in a manner, not inherently dangerous, and the circumstances are such that the killing would not be murder under Article 30 or 30.1.

B. Whoever commits manslaughter shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not more than forty years. However, if the victim killed was under the age of ten years, the offender shall be imprisoned at hard labor, without benefit of probation or suspension of sentence, for not less than ten years nor more than forty years.

Amended by Acts 1973, No. 127, §1; Acts 1991, No. 864, §1; Acts 1992, No. 306, §1; Acts 1994, 3rd Ex. Sess., No. 115, §1; Acts 2008, No. 10, §1.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land

If he was in his car, and McKnight was trying to get at him, then this is a false arrest. The definition is actually pretty understandable and not much gray area. We really need to see the video for ourselves before we can make an educated decision on this.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

thx

If he was in his car, and McKnight was trying to get at him, then this is a false arrest. The definition is actually pretty understandable and not much gray area. We really need to see the video for ourselves before we can make an educated decision on this.

I wonder if the Sheriff finally got to see video....and now has arrested Gasser...is the conference televised?

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States

This is true, IF McKnight was trying to enter the vehicle. If they found a witness who said he was standing there (easily possible given the earlier 'witness') or was maybe just leaning on the vehicle, Gasser is SOL as far as this statutes protection.

OR, it is also possible that LA's aggressor statute may come into play:
    A person who is the aggressor or who brings on a difficulty cannot claim the right of self-defense unless he withdraws from the conflict in good faith and in such a manner that his adversary knows or should know that he desires to withdraw and discontinue the conflict.

If a witness has evidence of Gasser being the aggressor, his self defense claim may be shot. I would think the fact he remained in his vehicle, and the other guy got out of his to continue a confrontation, suggests who the aggressor is. But, then again, I am not a lawyer. Just your average online law expert :dunno:

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    This is true, IF McKnight was trying to enter the vehicle. If they found a witness who said he was standing there (easily possible given the earlier 'witness') or was maybe just leaning on the vehicle, Gasser is SOL as far as this statutes protection.

OR, it is also possible that LA's aggressor statute may come into play:

If a witness has evidence of Gasser being the aggressor, his self defense claim is invalidated.

That's my thoughts as well. He may have thought he was covering his ass, but probably instigated the situation. If he was taunting McKnight, then he's in deep doo doo...

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    First witness said he shot through McKnight's window and drug him out of his car and stood over him saying he voted for Donald Trump........my they will just say anything to further their agenda. They don't care at all.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Punk ass Uncle tom ******? Keep reading comments! This is the best press conference I've ever seen!

- - - Updated - - -

Punk ass Uncle tom ******? Keep reading comments! This is the best press conference I've ever seen!

Austin, Why can't I write a term for homosexual? It automatically blanked it...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

- - - Updated - - -

Austin, Why can't I write a term for homosexual? It automatically blanked it...

Once upon a time, Libtard was a blocked word as well. It's an automatic "swear-filter"

Top Bottom