Should he be put to death?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should he be put to death?

• He needs to be put to death

Votes: 117 95.9%
    • Give him life in prison, no parole

Votes: 5 4.1%
    • He should be allowed parole

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As much as I like to be sent on goose-chases by people claiming one thing on the internet, can you specify your source(s) to support that fact?

Depending on the sentencing, someone given life in prison can have ongoing court costs as well. Not saying you're wrong, but please show that you're right.

Are you a "Sugar" bug; or a "****" stirring bug? :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Just another symptom of a system running amuck....

Hitman had a more economical alternative.

22LR_cartridge_0625.png

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think the Murder definitions we have work.

It's just the Death Penalty that isn't being held up. Most Death row inmates will live for another 14 years before their sentence is carried out, IF it even is.

California procrastinates the most with an average 20 year wait or something close to that.

Granted a LOT of Death Row inmates are being released via DNA but that’s not the case TODAY!

Guys like this should be dead no later than sunset on the Friday following their crime. His/Her family can grieve for them over the weekend.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I'm in the "death would be too easy for him" camp. Put him in OPP for life with:
    a KKK tattoo on his forehead,
    and breast implants on his back.
    Let the animals tear him apart.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Recognize the name Rogers LaCaze? You should.

Can anyone give me a good reason why a cop killer on death row at Angola should have ANY links to the outside world??? Any at all??? I view this as total BS. This guy has been on so-called death row for almost 20 years- along with the scumbag Antoinette Frank (still on death row @ St Gabriel).

Unbelievable. :dunno:

http://www.lostvault.com/penpals/detail.asp?iType=20&iAd=18412

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    fck formulas. too much wiggle room for an attorney.

sexual crimes against children should be death.
    murder- death.
    negligent homicide- death

the only problem with the death sentence is that it takes 20 years to flip the switch. In my world he'd be hung on the courthouse lawn five minutes after a guilty verdict.
    I don't think murder and negligent homicide deserve the same punishment. Negligent homicide is the accidental killing of another while committing a crime. It lacks the intent to kill that comes with murder. Murder is another level of evil.
    For example, you kill someone in a car crash. It turns out that a little black box in your car says you were going 8mph over the speed limit. You just killed someone during the commission of a crime. Here's your death sentence.
    If you want to stop people from driving under the influence, make it to where they lose driving privileges for life. They will serve as a warning to others that driving is a privilege not a right, and decisions in life have consequences.
    One major reason that the death penalty is reserved for the most serious crimes is to give an incentive to criminals to not escalate the situation to the max. For example, a raper often gets life, while a murderer gets death. If the penalty were the same, the raper would have no incentive to let his victim live.
    I don't want to derail the thread with this or get anyone upset. My only goal is to shed some light on a topic. I once believed home invaders should get death, but after consideration I now want the invader to have an incentive to let victims live.

Last edited:

AnnieOakleaf

LA CHP Instructor #725
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Elmwood, LA
    Your welcome to share the story. I hid from it for a couple of years, but found out that sharing my story actually made me feel better. I hope that women hear about what I went through and it can help them to see that it can happen to anyone.

My heart goes out to you.

Thankfully you survived and you're now attempting to have a Positive Influence on members of the surrounding community.

Can I share your story, considering there are no names involved?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't think murder and negligent homicide deserve the same punishment. Negligent homicide is the accidental killing of another while committing a crime. It lacks the intent to kill that comes with murder. Murder is another level of evil.
    For example, you kill someone in a car crash. It turns out that a little black box in your car says you were going 8mph over the speed limit. You just killed someone during the commission of a crime. Here's your death sentence.
    If you want to stop people from driving under the influence, make it to where they lose driving privileges for life. They will serve as a warning to others that driving is a privilege not a right, and decisions in life have consequences.
    One major reason that the death penalty is reserved for the most serious crimes is to give an incentive to criminals to not escalate the situation to the max. For example, a raper often gets life, while a murderer gets death. If the penalty were the same, the raper would have no incentive to let his victim live.
    I don't want to derail the thread with this or get anyone upset. My only goal is to shed some light on a topic. I once believed home invaders should get death, but after consideration I now want the invader to have an incentive to let victims live.

legally there are vast differences between Murder, Negligent Homicide, Manslaughter, Vehicular Manslaughter

The easiest way to describe the differences between murder and homicide is that homicide is the killing of another human being, while murder requires the intent to kill another human being. Homicide can be used to describe any death where another person is at fault, but there are mitigating circumstances that can influence the charge of homicide. When someone is convicted of murder, however, they are not only convicted of a homicide, but also the malicious intent to kill. The absolute accidental killing is Manslaughter. Negligent Homicide is the resulting death of a human being for your negligence.

Using your example:

I hit a lady, simple car crash. Her air bag deploys, and kills her. This is Manslaughter.
    I hit a lady, simple car crash. Her husband gets out and flips me the bird. I shoot him in the chest. This is murder.
    I hit a lady, while driving drunk and driving with my lights off. She dies. This is Negligent Homicide. I didnt mean to kill this particular lady, but my negligence (and commission of a felony.... dui) directly resulted in her death.

Any homicide as a result of a felony act, including negligence, should be the death sentence in my opinion.

And to address your home invasion statement: they do have a reason not to kill. Armed Robbery, Burglary, Grand Theft, Breaking and Entering (whatever pile of charges are thrown at you) may total you 7-10 years, you're out in ~5 with a good lawyer and equally good behavior.

You kill them, its life/death.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Can anyone give me a good reason why a cop killer on death row at Angola should have ANY links to the outside world??? Any at all??? I view this as total BS. This guy has been on so-called death row for almost 20 years- along with the scumbag Antoinette Frank (still on death row @ St Gabriel).

Want to take an internet tour? This is where that just lead me.

Reading the crime on wiki > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoinette_Frank
    I noticed it said "Chau tried frantically to call 911 on her cell phone"

Cell phone in 1994? what did that look like again?; CLICK

Reading on I noticed that supposedly she only allowed one Journalist/Writer to visit her and that was after spending 13 years behind bars. His name?

Robert Leon Davis. > He wrote about that interview here
    http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewArticle.asp?id=44624

Robert Leon Davis is also a former NOPD Dirty Cop? Who went on the run at one point for fear of being put in and dying at Angola by the hands of those he put in there to begin with. Word.... lol He ran for 20+ years and eventually had a Come to Jesus meeting. He decided to turn himself in and upon doing so was released? Bascially he went on the run for nothing.

So he writes a book called Running Scared where he tells about Officer doing every single thing unlawful that they swore to not do. http://www.amazon.com/Running-Scare..._B005LVVN1I_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365016294&sr=1-1

700 Club Interview > http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/RH49_robert_leon_davis.aspx

Oh the internet. A never ending spiderweb of information.

What I didn't get was why does Frank have a Wiki page and not Lacaze? I mean he shot the fellow LEO in the back of the head. Seems like he would have his own wiki page too.

Last edited:

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    legally there are vast differences between Murder, Negligent Homicide, Manslaughter, Vehicular Manslaughter

The easiest way to describe the differences between murder and homicide is that homicide is the killing of another human being, while murder requires the intent to kill another human being. Homicide can be used to describe any death where another person is at fault, but there are mitigating circumstances that can influence the charge of homicide. When someone is convicted of murder, however, they are not only convicted of a homicide, but also the malicious intent to kill. The absolute accidental killing is Manslaughter. Negligent Homicide is the resulting death of a human being for your negligence.

Using your example:

I hit a lady, simple car crash. Her air bag deploys, and kills her. This is Manslaughter.
    I hit a lady, simple car crash. Her husband gets out and flips me the bird. I shoot him in the chest. This is murder.
    I hit a lady, while driving drunk and driving with my lights off. She dies. This is Negligent Homicide. I didnt mean to kill this particular lady, but my negligence (and commission of a felony.... dui) directly resulted in her death.

Any homicide as a result of a felony act, including negligence, should be the death sentence in my opinion.

And to address your home invasion statement: they do have a reason not to kill. Armed Robbery, Burglary, Grand Theft, Breaking and Entering (whatever pile of charges are thrown at you) may total you 7-10 years, you're out in ~5 with a good lawyer and equally good behavior.

You kill them, its life/death.
    OK, I see what you are saying about a killing while committing a felony. Just to wrap my head around this, the negligent act of driving without headlights would not be a felony, but if you add in intoxication...then a felony is tacked on. That makes more sense, and I will think about this a bit more before I come to my own opinion. I can be very opinionated, but I know that I can develop opinions that lack proper thought first.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Want to take an internet tour? This is where that just lead me.

Reading the crime on wiki > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoinette_Frank
    I noticed it said "Chau tried frantically to call 911 on her cell phone"

Cell phone in 1994? what did that look like again?; CLICK

Reading on I noticed that supposedly she only allowed one Journalist/Writer to visit her and that was after spending 13 years behind bars. His name?

Robert Leon Davis. > He wrote about that interview here
    http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewArticle.asp?id=44624

Robert Leon Davis is also a former NOPD Dirty Cop? Who went on the run at one point for fear of being put in and dying at Angola by the hands of those he put in there to begin with. Word.... lol He ran for 20+ years and eventually had a Come to Jesus meeting. He decided to turn himself in and upon doing so was released? Bascially he went on the run for nothing.

So he writes a book called Running Scared where he tells about Officer doing every single thing unlawful that they swore to not do. http://www.amazon.com/Running-Scare..._B005LVVN1I_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365016294&sr=1-1

700 Club Interview > http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/RH49_robert_leon_davis.aspx

Oh the internet. A never ending spiderweb of information.

What I didn't get was why does Frank have a Wiki page and not Lacaze? I mean he shot the fellow LEO in the back of the head. Seems like he would have his own wiki page too.

Oh, it's sickening. Frank was "allegedly" allowing drug dealer/hoodrat LaCaze to go on "patrol" with her in the hood, where he would sometimes DRIVE HER UNIT, MAKE "ARRESTS" of fellow dealers- robbing them, etc.....Revisiting this story will make your blood boil. The way she was was allowed to hire on in the first place is even more obscene....

I'm sure there are a quite few members here with a lot more knowledge on this story than myself- but the few small details that I can recall are stomach-turning.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Oh, it's sickening. Frank was "allegedly" allowing drug dealer/hoodrat LaCaze to go on "patrol" with her in the hood, where he would sometimes DRIVE HER UNIT, MAKE "ARRESTS" of fellow dealers- robbing them, etc.....Revisiting this story will make your blood boil. The way she was was allowed to hire on in the first place is even more obscene....

I'm sure there are a quite few members here with a lot more knowledge on this story than myself- but the few small details that I can recall are stomach-turning.

Wow so Lacaze was not a Cop. Sheesh.... Where's EMP? I'm sure he's got some details.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow so Lacaze was not a Cop. Sheesh.... Where's EMP? I'm sure he's got some details.

This was during some of the darkest days of the NOPD. A year before this pile of s**t and Antionette Franks killed her partner and 2 others, N.O. Cop Len Davis; another pile of s**t killed a witness that was going to tesitfy against him for the vile criminal stuff he was doing.

The stuff these rogue cops (there were others), were doing was insane. They were selling drugs, covering up crimes, setting people up for killings, allowing police protected hits of wtinesses. The entire department was under invesitigation for something or another. The top brass were being investigated, no one had any control. It was a scary time down there, particularly if you were black and on the wrong side in N.O. East and Gentilly.

It was Cray Cray!

They are both on death row. I think Davis is trying hard to appeal.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Rumor has it that they were cousins and lovers.
    JR1572
    This was during some of the darkest days of the NOPD. A year before this pile of s**t and Antionette Franks killed her partner and 2 others, N.O. Cop Len Davis; another pile of s**t killed a witness that was going to tesitfy against him for the vile criminal stuff he was doing.

The stuff these rogue cops (there were others), were doing was insane. They were selling drugs, covering up crimes, setting people up for killings, allowing police protected hits of wtinesses. The entire department was under invesitigation for something or another. The top brass were being investigated, no one had any control. It was a scary time down there, particularly if you were black and on the wrong side in N.O. East and Gentilly.

It was Cray Cray!

They are both on death row. I think Davis is trying hard to appeal.

Wow/

I did read about her apparent sexual abuse.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

WHAT THE F?

So you can solicit friends on Death Row? What happened to 24 hours in solitary? Solitary; as in YOU ARE ALONE!

Last edited:

AnnieOakleaf

LA CHP Instructor #725
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Elmwood, LA
    Part of their cover-ups is why it took 16 years to catch the animal who attacked me. Someone, they think his cousin who was a cop and is now MIA, was throwing away the rape kits. Thankfully he missed mine, but it was lost somewhere for many years. When it was finally found and the DNA was run they got a hit for a convict in Tennessee,who was due to be released. He had attacked 5 women there, had taken a plea deal and was to be released in 2011, when we drug his butt back here. We were only able to tie him to 3 women here,they believe there are MANY more, because of his MO, and are now getting DNA hits from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida way.
    Oh, and for the Liberals who say to pee or puke on an attacker....he was fired from 3 mortuaries for necrophilia, so that would have just turned him on. I'll stick with my 9mm now thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom