Slow Classifieds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I think there are a few things at play. In no particular order.

1. Breaking up the classifieds into long gun/pistol. It just makes it harder to glance through everything. I browse less often.
    2. What's site traffic been like?
    3. People can't wait, so they buy a gun from an overpriced local gunshop and when they sell, they don't want to take the huge loss because they overpaid..... so they sell their Glock for $550 with an extra mag.
    4. I wonder if the Glock worship on this forum has anything to do with it. Everybody finally has a glock, it makes the classifieds less interesting.
    5. After years of people overbuying because Obama is taking your guns, the market is getting saturated.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think there are a few things at play. In no particular order.

1. Breaking up the classifieds into long gun/pistol. It just makes it harder to glance through everything. I browse less often.
    2. What's site traffic been like?
    3. People can't wait, so they buy a gun from an overpriced local gunshop and when they sell, they don't want to take the huge loss because they overpaid..... so they sell their Glock for $550 with an extra mag.
    4. I wonder if the Glock worship on this forum has anything to do with it. Everybody finally has a glock, it makes the classifieds less interesting.
    5. After years of people overbuying because Obama is taking your guns, the market is getting saturated.

#'s 3 and 5 Got massively accentuated by sandy hook.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    What gets me is that people will offer to trade whatever it is that they don't want in their gun safe and want retail prices for it while offering less than wholesale price on your item. I'm not about to trade my Glock/Sig/Ruger/HK, etc. for your Hipoint/Davis/Mossberg/Rossi/Tar-ass/Etc.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    Frankly, I love the classifieds. Rather, I love threads ABOUT the classifieds.

Its like watching a daytime soap.

Season 1 - There's people sh****g on folks ads.
    Season 2 - Why can't we s**t (comment) on folks ads.
    Season 3 - People are asking way too much for their s**t.
    Season 4 - People are offering way too little for my s**t.

Anybody want in on a pool to predict the next fashionable complaint.

Sheesh.

Ill take that bet. I'd also be willing to bet a few bucks that the most vocal commenters on prices being either too high or too low can be found elsewhere spouting rhetoric one way or the other about the Free Market.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

dhebe37

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mostly agree with all of the posters. I'm the same way as others. Start with a high price "OBO", then bump a few times and move down, so on so forth. If it gets to a point where I'm not comfortable selling it for that price, so be it. Same goes with when I see OBO. I'm always looking for a deal even if I may not be looking for that specific gun, so I'll offer a price that I consider it a steal at and if the buyer accepts, great. If not, I'll move on. I'm not sure if that's offensive, but there are many instances where I see an ad and think "I don't need that, but if I can get it for $XXX, I might as well do it". Most of the time I get rejected, but I have gotten some GREAT deals using this train of thought.

Top Bottom