So I caught a coon...*THE SAGA CONTINUES*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    ...now what the hell do I do with it? Eat it? Waterboard it? Bring it in for pizza and beer?

I've been fighting this thing for almost a month. He gets into a small space in our attic that is completely unreachable both inside and out. There's about a 8"x8" opening that he comes in that's barely even visible. First I block the opening, he rips it out. Then I spend 4 hours blocking it with an impenetrable wall only to find out later he was still in there. Doh. He laughed at the traps I borrowed from the humane society and waltzed out of them with my delicious treats. Finally I borrowed a heavier duty trap and baited it with marshmallows. After three days of nothing, I heard a clank about 20 minutes ago. Finally got that bastard!

I'll probably go release him at our property down the road away in the morning unless someone has a better idea. :D

Seriously- if you release him, you'd better do it further than just down the road. I promise you that if you don't, he will come back to his "home". Those things will travel further than most care to believe.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously- if you release him, you'd better do it further than just down the road. I promise you that if you don't, he will come back to his "home". Those things will travel further than most care to believe.

^^So true bro^^

A year ago, we had the strangest small wild black cat that kept climbing up our screens on the windows and making the 'in-heat' sounds. I took the cat 3 blocks away and within an hour it was back.

The next trip was 5 miles away.

TK

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    ^^So true bro^^

A year ago, we had the strangest small wild black cat that kept climbing up our screens on the windows and making the 'in-heat' sounds. I took the cat 3 blocks away and within an hour it was back.

TK

A few years back a buddy "tagged" a pretty large (20 lbs or so) raccoon with a quick spray of safety orange paint on the tip of the tail (marking paint that would eventually wear off- harmless) when he trapped it. He released it 2 miles down the road. The very next night, he caught it again!:mamoru:

It was then that the large coon moved to another parish. :rofl:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I released him in a protected area about 4 miles down the road and over the interstate. If he makes it back to my house he deserves to stay, I'll even give him the master bedroom.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Your original idea is the best. No need to kill it unless it comes back. I understand killing something to protect property and family or for food but you have to remember most animals* that invade our property are doing so because we invaded theirs.

*not including ants, termites, mosquitos, roaches and home-invading rodents

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

^^So true bro^^

TK

A few years back a buddy "tagged" a pretty large (20 lbs or so) raccoon with a quick spray of safety orange paint on the tip of the tail (marking paint that would eventually wear off- harmless) when he trapped it. He released it 2 miles down the road. The very next night, he caught it again!:mamoru:

It was then that the large coon moved to another parish. :rofl:

I released him in a protected area about 4 miles down the road and over the interstate. If he makes it back to my house he deserves to stay, I'll even give him the master bedroom.

If I catch a coon in my yard here in south Louisiana, I'll take it and release it in my mother-in-law's yard near Galveston. I don't like her, anyway.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    He lives!
    Raccoon-5.jpg
    Lucky it was SpeedRacer that caught him.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    SpeedRacer said:
    Ya might wanna go make that bed... is he back yet?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    UPDATE: guess what woke me up this morning? :curse:

For now I'm gonna force myself to believe it's not the same bastard. Must be more than one coon violating my attic. Sure...

If it is him, my mind will be blown. And then I'll blow his mind with a round 55gr XM193 5.56.

Could he really travel this far in less than 24 hours?

es7ay0q7kgxhp3ifrpk2.jpg

Time to set the trap out again... :curse:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom