So I caught a coon...*THE SAGA CONTINUES*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have been retained to represent Mr. Rocco Racoon, and would like to call your attention to the fact that the above statement is evidence of a contract, ie., a set of legally enforceable promises.

There is an agreement, in that your offer (quoted above) was accepted by my client.

There is consideration, or a bargained for exhange of value: you agreed to give Mr. Racoon the perpetual use of your master bedroom, and Mr. Racoon agreed to undertake the rigorous challenge of returning overland, unaided.

There is a lawful object of the contract, to wit, the use of your master bedroom.

And there is capacity to contract. As you are of the age of majority, there is no issue with your capacity (the decision to engage a racoon does not rise to the legal level of mental incompetence). One could argue that Mr. Racoon does not have the capacity to enter into a contract, but this is a contract for necessities, ie. lodging. The courts generally allow the enforcement of such contracts for the benefit of the party who otherwise would lack legal capacity to contract.

We expect you to satisfy your obligations under said contract, and hereby put you on notice that we intend to seek an injunction should you make any further attempt at eviction of my client.

Inform your client that I not only have every intention of honoring our contract, but that I am eager to have him as an addition to our master bedroom. To go above and beyond my obligations, I'll also offer your client, should he desire, to choose the taxidermist and pose in which he would like to be stuffed.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Inform your client that I not only have every intention of honoring our contract, but that I am eager to have him as an addition to our master bedroom. To go above and beyond my obligations, I'll also offer your client, should he desire, to choose the taxidermist and pose in which he would like to be stuffed.
    Ba-da-BING! Game, set, and match to SpeedRacer.

I do believe the contract specifically omitted any mention of said raccoon being alive at the time he occupies the bedroom.

Well done! :D

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have been retained to represent Mr. Rocco Racoon, and would like to call your attention to the fact that the above statement is evidence of a contract, ie., a set of legally enforceable promises.

There is an agreement, in that your offer (quoted above) was accepted by my client.

There is consideration, or a bargained for exhange of value: you agreed to give Mr. Racoon the perpetual use of your master bedroom, and Mr. Racoon agreed to undertake the rigorous challenge of returning overland, unaided.

There is a lawful object of the contract, to wit, the use of your master bedroom.

And there is capacity to contract. As you are of the age of majority, there is no issue with your capacity (the decision to engage a racoon does not rise to the legal level of mental incompetence). One could argue that Mr. Racoon does not have the capacity to enter into a contract, but this is a contract for necessities, ie. lodging. The courts generally allow the enforcement of such contracts for the benefit of the party who otherwise would lack legal capacity to contract.

We expect you to satisfy your obligations under said contract, and hereby put you on notice that we intend to seek an injunction should you make any further attempt at eviction of my client.

I have been retained to represent Ms. Reba Racoon aka Mrs. Rocco Racoon. Although Mr. Rocco Racoon may have strayed a bit, he is still legally married to my client, who is entitled to ½ of everything Mr. Rocco Racoon has under the community property laws of Louisiana. Accordingly, my client will need immediate access to her share of the fine and spacious lodging being provided for by Mr. Speed Racer. My client is on her way over now, thanks to the wonderful map provided on this website.

Further, Mr. Speed Racer, if any harm should come to Mr. Rocco Racoon, please be aware that I have already been given authority by my client to immediately file a wrongful death suit on behalf of her and Mr. Racoon’s 69 children. Proceed at your peril.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I released him in a protected area about 4 miles down the road and over the interstate. If he makes it back to my house he deserves to stay, I'll even give him the master bedroom.

"Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?"

bedprince2.jpg

"I'll take my eggs over easy, and my orange juice freshly squeezed...."

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

Carefull SpeedRacer. A cornered Raccoon is not a rational Raccoon....
    70bed_ORIG-Terror_Raccoon_22757.jpg

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    LOL, there is absolutely no way he made it down 1088 north of the interstate all the way to your house in one night.

I think its one of his cousins, though if you get one of his cousins in a trap, you need to make an example of it.

You can bring it to my parents house in Folsom to do the "deed".

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge

As Rocky's attorney, I'd like to point out that the language of the original agreement actually conveyed not only a guaranteed space, but an ownership interest: "I'll even give him the master bedroom".

As Rocky's friend, and as a compromise, I'd merely suggest that the pose be with one arm slightly away from his body, arranged vertically with elbow down and hand toward the sky, middle finger only fully extended.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    LOL, there is absolutely no way he made it down 1088 north of the interstate all the way to your house in one night.

I think its one of his cousins, though if you get one of his cousins in a trap, you need to make an example of it.

You can bring it to my parents house in Folsom to do the "deed".

That's what I thought, guess we'll see when I catch him.

Still not sure what deed will be done. I really like raccoons when they're not up in my ****. If I do decide to catch and release again he's crossing state lines...

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    As Rocky's attorney, I'd like to point out that the language of the original agreement actually conveyed not only a guaranteed space, but an ownership interest: "I'll even give him the master bedroom".

As Rocky's friend, and as a compromise, I'd merely suggest that the pose be with one arm slightly away from his body, arranged vertically with elbow down and hand toward the sky, middle finger only fully extended.

:rofl:

I would actually consider that now that you mention it. :D

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    That's what I thought, guess we'll see when I catch him.

Still not sure what deed will be done. I really like raccoons when they're not up in my ****. If I do decide to catch and release again he's crossing state lines...

Well you could keep dropping them where you dropped the first one. I'm reasonably sure that was far enough. :)

Top Bottom