So I caught a coon...*THE SAGA CONTINUES*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you still have trouble with them by next week, I wouldn't hesitate to call in a professional.

billy-the-exterminator.jpg

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    What I wouldn't give right now for a similar looking racoon, a tiny set of luggage, speedracer's address, and a camera, and a spot to hide across the street...

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Had your problem. I had a possum die in my attic and then thought I had attic rats. I put several poison boxes out and it was then that I discovered that what I had was MUCH BIGGER than attic rats. The smell was beyond bad. We had to live in the front half of our house for 11 days because ONE of the TWO sibling coons died in a part of the structure we couldn't get to without thousands of dollars of demo. :puke: I found the spot where I thought the rats were getting in that was left over from a bad roof job from Spears Roofing (NEVER USE THOSE GUYS) and put the trap in front of the spot and OMG! a Coon in a squirrel trap. I called Tiger Pest Control (Livi Par I think) He came and got the trap and put the coon in a big sealed barrel and relocated it into northern Livingston Parish telling me that he had to do that because if they weren't relocated far enough, that they would indeed travel back looking for siblings and try to mate in the area that they were born. What a mess. But, I called Wildlife and Fisheries and they told me about that guy and I couldn't be more please about the way he handled the job. Take 'em far away or put a bullet in em. I can't do the latter here in town in BR, (probably nobody would call if they heard a gun shot anyway, but....) better to do things the right way for a city dweller. Good luck.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I suppose to add something to the thread. . . .

My pops had a mice problem in his garage. He decided to trap instead of kill. He's on a few acres of land, so he thought he could just take them all the way to the back of his property and dump them out. They all came back. :D

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    You in the woodlands? I see them every now and then in quailcreek

Wow, I haven't heard those subdivision names in about 7 years now. I used to live over there too in The Woodlands, over in Harper's Landing (242 and 45N aka the red-headed step child of The Woodlands).

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    You KNOW they all had a family meeting while Dad was stuck in the trap. "Now look, kids... don't be stupid like Dad and get stuck in this gosh-darned trap. Never forget what this trap looks like. Uh, son, what's that red dot on your forehead?"

Top Bottom