So what's Ruger's new gun going to be?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    whats the big billboard i keep hearing referenced?

1Mvc-014f.jpg

364Looooooopty.jpg

warning.jpg

ruger-lcp.jpg

Its on EVERY Ruger gun somewhere.

I really really really wish I hadn't seen the two threads about this until AFTER they released it. Despite what it is, I probably won't be in a super rush to get one (unless MAYBE its a 9mm LCP type then MAYBE I will look into it), but just the curiosity has time standing still.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    that you very much, I do know what your talking about now and that would suck on a 1911.

Couldn't a sticker suffice? lol

This hasn't bothered me too much on my current rugers but it would defiantly be better if it was not there.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hmm 8 round... so its MUCH bigger than an LCP. Its going to be a single stack version of the SR9c it appears, which the SR9c is already compact and slim despite a double stack mag, I doubt this thing is any more slim. Unless this thing is smaller than it seems, they shouldn't have put it in the same line as the LCP... It should be the SR9c "slim" or something. *sigh*

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Also going to have a magazine disconnect and manual safety.

The LCP is 6+1
    Height 3.6
    Length 5.16
    width .82

2.75 inch barrel.
    weighs 10 oz.

It doesnt appear to be much larger than the lcp. I wonder when they will hit the stores.

Last edited:

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Well, I'm disappointed, but I should've seen it coming. I was expecting it to be an LCP-like 9mm; but it's bigger and heavier than I expected, and it has a manual safety. I'll pass.

I was hoping for something sized more like a PM9. Heck, other than being a little thinner, I don't see any benefit to carrying this instead of my Glock 26.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Just looked up the specs for the PF9, looks like the lc9 will be slightly larger and heavier.

PF9
    Length 5.85
    Height 4.3
    Width .88
    barrel 3.1
    weight unloaded 12.7
    7+1 capacity

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NOt bad idea eventhough they are a little late in the concept, but the market for pocket guns continues to rise, more and more people are now going to whats "comfortable" and I have to agree with them that a P3AT or LCP in the pocket tends to disapear.

Eventhough I will continue to be "old school" and carry my heavy EDC with 2 extra mags, rather be ready to fight than regret not being able to.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    So one for the "who cares" file. It will probably be successful for them though.

LCP is to P3AT as LC9 is to PF9

Why is it so much heavier than the PF9?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I think I'd prefer the sr9c, dimensions are not that far off and sr9c can take the 17rnd mags if need be.

It just seems that the lc9 is to big to be considered a pocket pistol although I guess that was not what they were going for. I guess if someone just wants a small light weight main pistol it would be a good choice.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I've already got a Glock 26. No need for this garbage.

They're making something that's half decent and trying to slap on the success of the LCP and LCR by putting "LC" in front of it and hoping we won't notice.

If it was a hair heavier and bigger than the LCP, then it would warrant the LC9 name. I mean, I know it's not going to be a Rohrbaugh, but to take the LC name it shouldn't be so large and heavy.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    whats the big billboard i keep hearing referenced?

I tend to think that smaller writing on the 1911 slide looks better. IE Dan Wesson valor:

Valor_080927_1550.jpg

Some prefer to make the slide a billboard to advertisement:

sti_trojan_6.gif

I'd imagine that a Ruger 1911 would have the big warning on the slide.

I prefer less on the slide.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've already got a Glock 26. No need for this garbage.

They're making something that's half decent and trying to slap on the success of the LCP and LCR by putting "LC" in front of it and hoping we won't notice.

If it was a hair heavier and bigger than the LCP, then it would warrant the LC9 name. I mean, I know it's not going to be a Rohrbaugh, but to take the LC name it shouldn't be so large and heavy.

exactly. They could have shortened the barrel to LCP length and reduced amount of rounds carried (to shorten height) and been much closer to a "Light Compact 9"

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Some wiseguy at GT once speculated it would look like this:

ruger1911_prototype.jpg

"Please read your manual because guns are really dangerous and we don't want anybody to get injured or killed, which you surely will if you don't read your manual. It's important to never load your firearm, fire your firearm, or even look directly at the firearm. Do not stare at your Ruger 1911. Ruger 1911s should not be handled by pregnant women, the elderly, or children. Discontinue use of your Ruger 1911 if you experience dizziness, vertigo, nausea, slurred speech, blindness, sweating, diarrhea, or heart palpitations. Please read your manual."

:bowrofl:

Top Bottom