So what's Ruger's new gun going to be?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I've already got a Glock 26. No need for this garbage.

They're making something that's half decent and trying to slap on the success of the LCP and LCR by putting "LC" in front of it and hoping we won't notice.

If it was a hair heavier and bigger than the LCP, then it would warrant the LC9 name. I mean, I know it's not going to be a Rohrbaugh, but to take the LC name it shouldn't be so large and heavy.

Just curious . What makes it " garbage " and " half decent " ?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Some wiseguy at GT once speculated it would look like this:

ruger1911_prototype.jpg

"Please read your manual because guns are really dangerous and we don't want anybody to get injured or killed, which you surely will if you don't read your manual. It's important to never load your firearm, fire your firearm, or even look directly at the firearm. Do not stare at your Ruger 1911. Ruger 1911s should not be handled by pregnant women, the elderly, or children. Discontinue use of your Ruger 1911 if you experience dizziness, vertigo, nausea, slurred speech, blindness, sweating, diarrhea, or heart palpitations. Please read your manual."

:bowrofl:

Awesome.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Just curious . What makes it " garbage " and " half decent " ?

It claims to be something that it is not. By itself it is probably a decent pistol. But that's not what they're trying to claim.

The LCP is a truly minuscule firearm, a "pocket pistol" that actually fits in a pocket. It's Lightweight and Compact first and foremost. It's completely streamlined and has very little that isn't necessary. Small capacity, short barrel, no external safety. . . even the sights are shaved down so as to have near zero impact on the overall size and aid its pocketability. The LCR too follows that ideal and is an extremely streamlined double action revolver.

With the LCP and LCR, for the money you get the feeling that it's the best they could do. This LC9 is no where near the best that they could do, even for the price. This is merely a small-ish 9mm with lousy grip, capacity, and weight. On the Ruger website they claim that the LC9 is "just slightly larger than the popular LCP." It's simply not true. It's like saying a Ford F-150 is "just slightly larger than the popular Honda Civic."

As said above, they could have at the very least shortened the barrel, taken away one round of capacity, and shaved the sights and it would have been at least comparable in size to the LCP. By putting the LC name on it, they're indicating it follows the same ideology as the LCP and LCR, when it clearly does not. That's garbage in my book.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It claims to be something that it is not. By itself it is probably a decent pistol. But that's not what they're trying to claim.

The LCP is a truly minuscule firearm, a "pocket pistol" that actually fits in a pocket. It's Lightweight and Compact first and foremost. It's completely streamlined and has very little that isn't necessary. Small capacity, short barrel, no external safety. . . even the sights are shaved down so as to have near zero impact on the overall size and aid its pocketability. The LCR too follows that ideal and is an extremely streamlined double action revolver.

With the LCP and LCR, for the money you get the feeling that it's the best they could do. This LC9 is no where near the best that they could do, even for the price. This is merely a small-ish 9mm with lousy grip, capacity, and weight. On the Ruger website they claim that the LC9 is "just slightly larger than the popular LCP." It's simply not true. It's like saying a Ford F-150 is "just slightly larger than the popular Honda Civic."

As said above, they could have at the very least shortened the barrel, taken away one round of capacity, and shaved the sights and it would have been at least comparable in size to the LCP. By putting the LC name on it, they're indicating it follows the same ideology as the LCP and LCR, when it clearly does not. That's garbage in my book.

Well , I think your assumptions and comparisons are a bit of a stretch , but what the hell . I don't plan on buying one anyway , so there's no point in entering into a big argument . Especially when neither one of us has a dog in the fight . Have a good one . :)

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    While it is longer than the LCP, it is only .08 inch wider, and .9 inches taller. I don't think that Ruger is trying to put one over on anyone. I am sure there are lots of people out there that refuse to buy a Keltec no matter what kind of product they produce, but who would buy a Ruger based on the Branding. It worked for them with the LCP, and I am sure it will work on the LC9. I would seriously consider buying one of these when they hit the stores, based on my good experiences with the LCP.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I would like to handle one in person before I really say anything bad about it. Personally I would like a single stack auto in 9mm for CC.

JR1572

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Lc9 is of Interest to me.

Me too, but I don't believe Ruger semi's are approved by the Office, so if I aerate somebody with it I'll have some 'splaining to do. I wanna check out Sig's version and pray Glock gets a brain and makes something comparable.

bayoulongbowman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    I was told in Az. that 3rd week in Jan a company will annouce a new 1911 , that wont break ur wallet! A shooter! I was also told if I was a real American patriot , I should buy one! Well I thought Ruger was it , The gentelman was under conttract filming a show with the new 1911, couldnt say much. I guessed Remington no, Ithaca, no...etc..???? and it is a American company ....amagine a nighthawk T4 for 800 bucks...wake me up , Im dreaming

Top Bottom