Spikes upper group buy Baton Rouge - They have arrived!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy301

Sep 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    1. Kcinnick - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    2.GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    3.GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    4. Asoude1 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    5. blastncast2 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    6. old jim-SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    7. old jim-SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    8. blastncast2 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    9. bloodsaver - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    10. eradicater - SP-STU5035-MLS 16" +SPARC
    11. Bosco - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    12. GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    13. GunReleted - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    14. Spent Brass - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    15. bloodsaver - SP-STU5035-MOE 16" + SPARC
    16. alcopone1 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    17. Asianpersuasion - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    18. GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    19. GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    20. mjc1677 - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    21. amerak - SP-STU5035-MOE 16" + SPARC
    22. kdavis1984- SP-STU5035-MOE 16" +SPARC
    23. eradicater - SP-STU5035-MLS 16" +SPARC
    24. kilroy301 - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"

Kilroy301

Sep 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    1. Kcinnick - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    2.GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    3.GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    4. Asoude1 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    5. blastncast2 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    6. old jim-SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    7. old jim-SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    8. blastncast2 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    9. bloodsaver - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    10. eradicater - SP-STU5035-MLS 16" +SPARC
    11. Bosco - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    12. GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    13. GunReleted - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    14. Spent Brass - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    15. bloodsaver - SP-STU5035-MOE 16" + SPARC
    16. alcopone1 - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    17. Asianpersuasion - SP-STU5035-MOE 16"
    18. GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    19. GunRelated - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    20. mjc1677 - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    21. amerak - SP-STU5035-MOE 16" + SPARC
    22. kdavis1984- SP-STU5035-MOE 16" +SPARC
    23. eradicater - SP-STU5035-MLS 16" +SPARC
    24. kilroy301 - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"
    25. kilroy301 - SP-STU5035-MLS 16"

Couldn't help myself, I had to get another. :bigok:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am waiting on a detail conformation from joebob and I had some BS troubles last night, Spanky's server was blocking my IP. I wanted to include a shipping update, but I may have asked Joseph too late, I'll assign you numbers so you can start paying joebob Monday and get it out.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well, the group buy is closed.... but no. This was just for the mid length. We had to find something that wasn't on back order.... They might have those on the site, I am not sure, he has pretty good prices without GB pricing.

JoeBobOutfitter

Feb 12, 2012
    Hays, KS
    Very first post?
    The SP-STU5035-MLS and SP-STU5050-MLS-A2 (14.5, would need permanently pinned FH to be legal) would be good. These would sell in the group buy for $430 SHIPPED (Normally $489.95).

The SP-STU5035-MOE would be $450 SHIPPED (Normally 509.95)

(I updated the pricing to reflect what the Baton Rouge guys will be paying after $10 discount on uppers due to numbers. $10 upcharge per upper for credit card purchase still applies).

We just heard back from our sales rep. It sounds like Spike's is currently awaiting BCG's to complete our uppers. These uppers were scheduled to hit us in February, and our monthly shipment has a higher precedence over "standard" orders, just FYI, so while we don't have a date, we don't forsee these being too much terribly longer.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Very first post?

(I updated the pricing to reflect what the Baton Rouge guys will be paying after $10 discount on uppers due to numbers. $10 upcharge per upper for credit card purchase still applies).

We just heard back from our sales rep. It sounds like Spike's is currently awaiting BCG's to complete our uppers. These uppers were scheduled to hit us in February, and our monthly shipment has a higher precedence over "standard" orders, just FYI, so while we don't have a date, we don't forsee these being too much terribly longer.

Being that you are still waiting from the supplier are you able to add more to the order or its closed ?

asianpersuasion

Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Very first post?

Thanks I don't know how I missed that. I'll blame it on Tapatalk

Last edited:

JoeBobOutfitter

Feb 12, 2012
    Hays, KS
    Being that you are still waiting from the supplier are you able to add more to the order or its closed ?

At this time, no group buy additions will be allowed unless you are replacing someone else. You could of course start an additional group and hit 4+ for the order. Unfortunately, leaving it open indefinitely until the uppers ship would just cause confusion IMO.

Joseph

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for everything Joseph. I am crossing my fingers to get it before April 20th.... by my luck they will be here the following Monday!

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I briefly spoke with one of the heads of Spike's today and was informed that they have been waiting patiently for a shipment of bolts for a while. They do not have an ETA on them, but they are hoping for them to come in any day now. However, they cannot guarantee when they will arrive. I was told that Freedom Corp (correct me if I am getting the name wrong, but I know it is Freedom something) is buying up all of the parts in order to put a strain on the supply for companies like Spike's and others. I do not know of all of the parts that are being bought buy them but I do know that barrels and bolts are 2 of them. I am going to dig further into this tomorrow to try to find out some more specific information about Freedom Group/Corp(?), because they could definitely pose a major threat to not only us as consumers but to companies like Spike's who's business is based around selling AR's and parts. I will not give the guys name as I don't know if he wants his name being attached to this information on a public forum, but I will quote him in saying "They are trying to shut us down". Maybe this is already known, maybe not but thought I would pass along the information that was given to me.

mjc1677

Aug 9, 2010
    Plaquemine, LA
    I am not going to be getting an upper through this group buy. If anyone wants to take my place let me know. My number is 12 on the group buy list

Thanks

Mike

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'll just remove you from the list. Joeboboutfitters will do a group buy again if we want, but I am not going to track people jumping in and out of this one.

I am not going to be getting an upper through this group buy. If anyone wants to take my place let me know. My number is 12 on the group buy list

Thanks

Mike

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

Thanks

Mike

I really hope that you didn't do this because of my previous post. I have already sent my money orders off to JoeBob and I do believe that the uppers will be getting to us in a timely manner. I just wanted to share the information that I was given, that is all. Please don't be afraid to go through with this buy because of this.

JoeBobOutfitter

Feb 12, 2012
    Hays, KS
    I briefly spoke with one of the heads of Spike's today and was informed that they have been waiting patiently for a shipment of bolts for a while. They do not have an ETA on them, but they are hoping for them to come in any day now. However, they cannot guarantee when they will arrive. I was told that Freedom Corp (correct me if I am getting the name wrong, but I know it is Freedom something) is buying up all of the parts in order to put a strain on the supply for companies like Spike's and others. I do not know of all of the parts that are being bought buy them but I do know that barrels and bolts are 2 of them. I am going to dig further into this tomorrow to try to find out some more specific information about Freedom Group/Corp(?), because they could definitely pose a major threat to not only us as consumers but to companies like Spike's who's business is based around selling AR's and parts. I will not give the guys name as I don't know if he wants his name being attached to this information on a public forum, but I will quote him in saying "They are trying to shut us down". Maybe this is already known, maybe not but thought I would pass along the information that was given to me.

Freedom GROUP, owns Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin, etc, etc. They might be buying up lots of supply, but its not to be malicious. BCG's, barrels, forged uppers & Lowers, etc have always been hard to get. Spikes' biggest issue is the fact they don't really stock all that much, never seem to order enough, and can't ever get ahead of the curve. Lots of companies are in the same situation, however. RRA, YHM, Spike's, and everyone else always have a hard time getting inventory. They however generally sell directly to the customer. Companies like Bushmaster, DPMS, Remington, etc have bigger financial backing and can afford additional overhead if needed at times to keep supply lines full. They have large purchase orders they need to try to fill ASAP for distributors, so perhaps they have more at stake. If I were in Spike's situation, I'd buy at least 3 months worth of BCG's and other essential parts at a time, but that aint me ;).

Hopefully they won't be waiting on BCG's much longer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom