Spikes upper group buy Baton Rouge - They have arrived!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    There is a possibility we will have to wait a week or two once paying to for the uppers, this is better than the typical 8-12 week order or longer wait time.
    - from OP

lol. march 30 - May 11 is only 6 weeks. I fully expected this to take the whole 10 weeks that everyone else is waiting. Maybe it'll be here before my birthday in August...

JoeBobOutfitter

Feb 12, 2012
    Hays, KS
    We'll post the most current up to date information on here.

No tracking info, so no updates yet. Unfortunately, the market is pretty hectic right now as I'm sure you all are aware causing a scarcity of parts...even little things like forward assists. Spike's is in the process of building a large volume of uppers, but still no tracking updates unfortunately.

No offense guys, but you are getting a pretty sweet deal on a very nice upper receiver in an election year. We are selling these uppers below most dealer's pricing even. If ANYONE want's a refund, you are more than welcome to request one since it went beyond the estimated timeline. However, as originally stated, these have been running behind since February. Our last batch of uppers lasted mere hours, and I expect our next few pallets of spike's uppers will do the same.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry guys, Joebob has been nothing but stand up, the issue is Spikes, if anyone needs a refund, I would be glad to help them out. I could use more than I bought.

old jim

Jun 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am not looking for a refund and new when ordering it would be a wait before receiving it but I think that a once a week update would be timely.
    thanks for the info
    Jim

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I am assuming that we will more than likely receive our uppers this week, because of the fact that all the other vendors have received their shipments of uppers. Of course, this is only an assumption, but I would like to think I am on track. (Hopefully)

JoeBobOutfitter

Feb 12, 2012
    Hays, KS
    Still no tracking updates. Until we have that, its just hearsay and wishful thinking. All AR companies right now are scrambling to try to get things out. Most of our inventory seems to take 3-10 weeks to ship a BCG, upper, lower, trigger, or any other AR15 part. We'll post updates once we get them. We'll be getting a couple of pallets worth of uppers arriving at the same time.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The biggest problem is there's so many suppliers involved in the process. Different parts manufacturers, material suppliers, coaters, testers, etc. And they are ALL hectic right now. There's really no one to blame, the market is just crazy right now.

In a couple months when the stuff is even harder to find AND the prices go up you guys will be you waited!

GunRelated

Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Still no tracking updates. Until we have that, its just hearsay and wishful thinking. All AR companies right now are scrambling to try to get things out. Most of our inventory seems to take 3-10 weeks to ship a BCG, upper, lower, trigger, or any other AR15 part. We'll post updates once we get them. We'll be getting a couple of pallets worth of uppers arriving at the same time.

Thanks for the update Joseph.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Thanks for the update! Really appreciate the group buy even if we have to wait :) Hope there are more in the future.

DevinLSU

Aug 11, 2011
    CenLA
    If anyone has changed their minds regarding the upper, please PM me. I am in the market for an upper and will gladly buy their spot. Thanks.

UPDATE: I purchased one of GunRelated's uppers. Looking forward to getting it in.

Last edited:

amerak

Mar 20, 2012
    Hate to ask, but been over 2 weeks since we have seen any update. Just wondering if there was any news?

Anxiously waiting to shoot the over 2000 rounds I bought over the last couple of months, waiting to be used on these uppers. :draw:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Damn guys every time one of you bump this thread I'm thinking "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!! THEY'RE COMING IN SOON!!" and then I get all sad and mopey to realize Christmas isn't here yet :(

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom