St.Tammany Fracking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    The movie that started this huge debate is GasLand. It was supported by the libs & greenies. It is designed to scare the public, mostly by lighting well water on fire. The problem is it full of Lies! It is Totally one sided and ignores the Facts. So 3 Indy Film makers decided to look into the Facts. Their movie is FrackNation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9CfUm0QeOk&list=PLE2AB13894C2961B7
    In FrackNation, the Director confronts the GasLand creator on the BS in his movie. They show GasLand for just what it is, Green Liberal Propaganda!
    Now the Mayor of Abita Springs is jumping into the fray. He has made statements on TV news that make him sound concerned. (?)
    I Know the water in St.Tammy is usually Great, but is the concern based of Facts or Dem Green Propaganda? The big concern would be looking at the co. doing the drilling and operations. If they haven't had Real problems in the past, they shouldn't now.
    Look at who is against Fracking,(Not throwing Fireball at anyone Here). Yoko Ono, Sharron Sarandon, Sean Lennon, Robert Redford, Mark Ruffalo, Alec Baldwin and Matt Damon.
    Don't Frack Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eph0kUgHUNg Yoko, I wouldn't Frack you with Obama's D!(*
    Watch Fracknation before Jumping into this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cKhY2Edt2Q&list=PLE2AB13894C2961B7

You know how anti gunners point to the "lunatic fringe" and try to make them seem mainstream?

Yea, that's what you just did.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    There is no point in arguing the safety of fracking thus far - its damn good actually. The real argument is whether or not residents have the right to dictate how or if mineral wealth is removed from their community. Fracking poses an inherent risk, though small, and do the St Tammany residents or elsewhere have the right to stop drilling based on this (reasonable or not)? From what I've been told there is a particular family who are large landowners who really want this to happen, but that's just hearsay.

This is gonna go to court no matter what or who is involved so I guess we'll see.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    So much reading to establish an opinion on a matter I'll likely never fully understand. At some level I imagine the residents of these areas ought to be able to decide what is done with their mineral wealth, if they have rights to it. On the other hand, the mining industry is providing impressive economic activity in a stagnant economy. I think I'll ride the fence with this one.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    ...There would have been 15 deaths if Schlumberger had not called a Stop The Job and flew off of there. Had Schlumberger bought MI-SWACO prior to that there would have only been 9 fatalities due to that incident...

I realize it's not really on topic, but Schlumberger always had a 40% stake in MI, they just weren't the operating partner in the JV until they acquired Smith in 2010.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Correct but they still didn't fall under us when they called the stop the job, those two mud engineers died bc it was mi swaco's call not slb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Is there a list of incidents that HAVE happened due to fracking (like the one in Texas)? After reading all the what if and why it shouldn't I feel like I'm back at square one. I'd like to see real data instead of educated guesses by both sides of the argument.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I keep hearing about all these oil boom jobs. I need to get in on some of this action. I hear about all the jobs in Texas and The Dakotas. What's a guy with no experience have to do to find one.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Drop applications like crazy, try to get a friend to recommend you to his supervisor and hope he has some pull,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Yea I've got a class A CDL with 10 yrs experience and perfect record. I've heard the driving jobs up north make $$$. I've got a 15 month old and a new born due in a week just want to make some $$ close to home.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    BIG SCARY WORDS IN BOLD LETTERS!!!

hxn5758fop08hje8cg2j.jpg

I lol'd.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I know a guy(close friend) who owns his own business(Multi-Million)-and more than one- in Oil and Gas in SWLA.
    He's has 3 different patents on Oil Field equipment related to Cooling towers.
    He's been in the bushiness 30+ years.

He told me, that Fracking is high risk, high reward.
    The problem most like him have;
    'there is no need for the high risk
    considering money is as good as ever
    in the Oil & Gas Field'

Also said Companies doing it
    know it's high risk, but face no pressure...for now.

That is as much as I know about Fracking.

Glad I could help :p

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    What a great anecdote from someone whose job is as remote to fracking as a cobbler.

Fracking is not "high risk"

As it has been mentioned, there are several layers of pipe and cementing across our aquifers before you frack the formation 1-2 miles below the water.

sent from my fone!

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    1. I never called you any names. Arent personal attacks against site rules?

2. I drill wells to be fracked, im a little closer to the process than your friend.

3. You qualified your post as having merit because the alleged source has expertise in cooling towers. A completely unrelated business, yet his opinion is valid because he has oil and gas clients. Shoe salesmen/repair (cobbler) also have oil and gas clients.

Your uneducated and ill informed opinion combined with a personal attack when called into question suggest that it isnt worth any more of my time attempting to educate you.

If anyone else has any questions id be happy to answer them. If I dont know the answer I will find out from an appropriate source.

sent from my fone!

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Fracking is a destructive process, we realize short term gains without fully understanding long term cost. Only time will tell who is right on this subject.

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    I have been in the oil field for over 25 years. Most of what I read in this thread is ********. Fracking is not high risk.

Does anyone reading this believe that Colorado is one of THE most green states in the union?

Take a guess where I currently drill wells to be fracked? Oh and by the way I am the lead supervisor on these wells. So yea I think I know what I'm talking about.

I read lots of "we don't know the long term affects". We already know them. There's very little. Fracking has been happening for about a 100 years.

Hitman your buddy in the business knows less than you do about fracking. No offense meant.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Oh I know man.

Guys with Oil Field Experience, telling other guys with Oil Field experience
    that they don't know what they're talking about.

Got it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom