St.Tammany Fracking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Frac crews are many times 3rd party, which would include but aren't limited to college educated middle class folk, many of which are former US Military...

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Frac crews are many times 3rd party, which would include but aren't limited to college educated middle class folk, many of which are former US Military...

All Frac crews are the cream of the crop and the very most well behaved of the bunch, most likely better behaved that most of the "indigenous population". That said, they only make up a very small percentage of the rough necks invading the area to drill wells. Like I said before, wait till they meet the salt water truck drivers. :rofl:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I'll be all for fracking, or drilling through our aquifer just as soon as the oil company that wants the drilling pays for the water treatment stations, and plumbing to all of the residents of St. Tammany parish that currently use well water that taps directly into the aquifer. There are a lot of them. The house I grew up in was well water, no filter, no processing. Oh, yeah, the cities up here too. They get their water from it, not the Mississippi, like New Orleans.

By the way folks, there is a town hall meeting at Pelican Park tonight to voice your opposition to this.

And the monthly water bills forever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I keep hearing people say about traffic on Hwy 1088 and going thru neighborhoods.. Wouldn't the trucks get off at 1088 go over the bridge and to the woods close to the school? I'm on the fence but I don't see how this would be any different than a situation if one of the numerous pipelines that cross St.Tammany in between Hwy.59 and Lacombe leaking and spilling thousands of gallons of Petro chemicals. Where was the out rage for these pipelines?

You talking about going south or north on 1088?

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    I'm in production therefore civilized, However when I have a drilling rig in my area I have to board the rig for progress reports, Still maned by ruffnecks of low moral standards. Good Luck on the east bank !

You do realize that you would have nothing to produce if it wasn't for us scum of the earth drilling guys, right?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    zcpzjgn29l6p4ifztxh9.jpg

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    YES bad things can happen when fracking. I worked for an oil field service company and I have been on many fracking jobs in the gulf. The worse I heard was when I was working in North Texas. The guys I was working with told me a story of a fracking job that went south. They were pumping their fluids down hole and it blew out of another company's well head miles down the road. Not Good! Plus you don't want to know the many types of chemicals that are pumped during a fracking job that are going down hole. Some of it are byproducts from chemical plants.

..really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    The difference in aquifer risk between vertical hole and fracked lateral is? You are still drilling through the aquifer into a hydrocarbon zone, many of which are high pressure. Not to mention the risk of low volume high pressure strike at shallow depths....

Oh yeah, pumping a slurry of water and sand is much worse than the several hundred barrels of diesel or water based mud theyre pumping throughout the hole at up to 4000psi.

sent from my fone!

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    UPDATE: Helis Oil has compromised with the Parish and has decided to only drill vertically in their initial phase. After studies and tests are performed, they will decide whether to proceed further.

These are called pilot holes, they will drill through and well below the production zone. They may take core samples and analyze them. They may even flow this well. But believe me they have every intension of drilling the horizontals and fracking. Before you know it, y'all parish council members will be drinking "frack water" on television just like the governor of Colorado.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Complaint for Temporary, Injunction and Declaratory Relief filed in Eastern District on 5/16/14.

Claim One: Def. Issued an Illegal Public Notice in Vilolation of the Clean Water Act and Code of Fed. Reg.

Claim Two: Def. Issued an Illegal Public Notice in Vilolation of the APA.

Relief Requested:
    1. Enter a temporay restraining order and preliminary injunction against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, its Commanding General Lt. General Thomas P. Bostick, its Chief Officer, Martin S. Mayor, of the New Orleans Regulatory Branch, and John McHugh, the Secretary of the U.S. Army, that enjoins its permitting process for the Helis Oil & Gas Company's application for a Department of Army permit (application number MVN-2013-02952-FTT) as it is incomplete and thus illegal, in violation of 33 C.F.R § 325.3.

2. Declare that all future issuances of public notices for Department of Army permits required to comply with § 404 of the Clean Water Act must include the applicant's full permit applicatiopn.

3. Order such other and further relief as this Court deems just and proper.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I understand how so many are cautious about fracking in their back yard. That said....All fracking is in someones backyard.

I also kind of think its funny that so many who are very right wing conservative..Bitching about Obama and Keystone pipeline jobs... etc...Are now dead set against this because its in their backyard.

If it wasn't for fracking, the USA would be in very big trouble economically. We have a huge debt level. We were seeing Peak Oil a few years back due to China's huge demand for crude oil. And we have been in dire straits since the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo.

That 1973 oil crisis really decimated the US economy.....And it is exactly why the USA has been adamant of protecting our "Interests" in the Middle East. Oil has been at the heart of so many of the wars fought in the Middle East. Oil is exactly why Al Qaeda wants the US out of the Middle East.

In any case....because of Fracking...The USA is finally importing much less petroleum than we were 20 years ago. It is a necessary evil that the USA must do to maintain our goals in the world. And without all of that oil and nat Gas coming from fracking right now...we would really be in a mess.

We are importing less oil now than any time in the last 50 years. You can thank fracking for that along with more efficient autos and trucks. America's economy is so directly related to fuel prices and crude oil access.

Many companies are currently making plans to switch manufacturing back to the US....And its because of all of the Nat Gas coming from fracking. Manufacturing is what drives an economy. Manufacturing means jobs for us...good paying jobs and huge tax increase receipts which will help balance our budget.

Furthermore...IMO...from what I have read about fracking....Most of those nightmare stories about contaminated water wells are from some of the early players who were cutting corners. When its done right....WITH THE PROPER REGULATION....Its a safe process. It all gets down to regulations IMO.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I understand how so many are cautious about fracking in their back yard. That said....All fracking is in someones backyard.

I also kind of think its funny that so many who are very right wing conservative..Bitching about Obama and Keystone pipeline jobs... etc...Are now dead set against this because its in their backyard.

If it wasn't for fracking, the USA would be in very big trouble economically. We have a huge debt level. We were seeing Peak Oil a few years back due to China's huge demand for crude oil. And we have been in dire straits since the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo.

That 1973 oil crisis really decimated the US economy.....And it is exactly why the USA has been adamant of protecting our "Interests" in the Middle East. Oil has been at the heart of so many of the wars fought in the Middle East. Oil is exactly why Al Qaeda wants the US out of the Middle East.

In any case....because of Fracking...The USA is finally importing much less petroleum than we were 20 years ago. It is a necessary evil that the USA must do to maintain our goals in the world. And without all of that oil and nat Gas coming from fracking right now...we would really be in a mess.

We are importing less oil now than any time in the last 50 years. You can thank fracking for that along with more efficient autos and trucks. America's economy is so directly related to fuel prices and crude oil access.

Many companies are currently making plans to switch manufacturing back to the US....And its because of all of the Nat Gas coming from fracking. Manufacturing is what drives an economy. Manufacturing means jobs for us...good paying jobs and huge tax increase receipts which will help balance our budget.

Furthermore...IMO...from what I have read about fracking....Most of those nightmare stories about contaminated water wells are from some of the early players who were cutting corners. When its done right....WITH THE PROPER REGULATION....Its a safe process. It all gets down to regulations IMO.

It's pretty simple dude: this is about the aquifer that supplies the drinking water for the North Shore. They have to drill through it to get to where they want to go.
    This is not the case in all fracking, or drilling in general.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

So much fail here:

Peak oil.... Please. No time soon.:rolleyes:

Manufacturing jobs: no, those are due to our poor economy. It's cyclic, was predicted, and is NOT a good thing (getting them back for the reasons we are getting them back)

-although yes, the money from fracking IS helping us stay afloat and avoid facing our crushing debt load while we pile it up a little higher...

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    My family and my health trump the Economy, sorry. There is much more to solving the economic problem in this country than just fracking. Cheers!:beer:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom