Stolen car :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    We'll if you go to the deli I prolly know you. I'm the only white guy there and the only one wearing a chef coat.

I'm the guy with the long hair that's commented about the deli. I think you helped me out one time with mangos and melons. I'm there sometimes with my boy. Yeah, we've spoken a couple of times.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Good thing you saved us....... Almost made it through an entire thread without a cop bashing post.

Coming from a cop, if a cop really told him that and took that attitude, he NEEDS to be bashed. It's easy to develop cynical views and a simmering distaste for much of the general public, and we cops sit around and talk/joke/b!tch about those peevish qualities that bother us all the time, but when the call comes out, we put that crap aside and go handle business. We may not always feel or even display a lot of sympathy, but we're there to do the job and it's expected that we do it even if it does bother us. It personally bugs me that grown adults can't handle their lives well enough to resolve "She keeps blowin' up my phone and postin' lies about me and y'all need to tell her to stop" kind of nonsense, but we go and listen, and check the details against possible appropriate statutes, and give general, common sense suggestions, sometimes even gracefully point out their own contributions to the problem without dripping sarcasm, and then move on. Although every time one of those calls was dispatched to me my internal reaction was "People are stupid," I'd put on my game face when I arrived, and sometimes actually really get to help someone involved in something much more troubling like a serious stalking case. If you can't put that kind of sh!t aside, you need another line of work.

As for the particular call described, I know the guys on my shift would be smokin' tires and doing their best imitation of Det. John McClain blasting through Central Park in an effort to get to that and be the one to say those magical words: "TASER! TASER! TASER!" Calls involving our department has made the W&J Taser Report at least two times I know of, and my guys are just vain enough to want to make the cut!

Hope you get good results with your car, but last time we chased a stolen into NOPD jurisdiction, they looked at us with mouths agape when we told them why we chased it. "We don't even chase 'em for that" was what we were told. Wouldn't book the perp in their parish, SO convinced EMS to take perp to a hospital on the northshore to be checked post-crash so they could just take him from there when cleared. Wouldn't work the crash itself, a trooper showed up for that. Good luck.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Well not to further any type of cop bashing thread, just giving facts......after 6 HOURS and 5 calls, of waiting on the cops to come take the report. On the very last call at midnight, they said... Oh just come by the station and we will take the report here. The station is about 5 mins away... words could not express how pissed I was but I was just glad to get it done and get home so I played nice.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    yes sir... got off at 6, realized car was not there... called cops.... report filed at midnight at the station.... I sat in the office at WD and waited.... 3ed district NOPD are amazing

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    OP has given two reasonable reasons to not live in NO. Play stupid game, win stupid prizes (or something like that).

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Very popular car for thieves, hope you had theft, cause it is a very slim chance of getting it back. It's probably in the east being stripped of the interior and drive train.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Yea I had theft on it, Fbody's get stolen all the time. I was stupid for bringing it to NO but I had no other choice at the time. It was a very strong and clean car, sounded amazing.

When I called they asked me what type of car it was and licenses plate but that's it... I guess they put a bolo on it.

- - - Updated - - -

OP has given two reasonable reasons to not live in NO. Play stupid game, win stupid prizes (or something like that).

I don't live in new Orleans btw

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Probably caught a shift change.

More likely just the normal pace for them. I've been told that in some districts they constantly run with a 30-50 call backlog. In terms of streamlining and efficiency, unless the vehicle was stolen where it was on camera, or there were witnesses, evidence or a different stolen left behind by the perp(s), a vehicle theft report is the perfect candidate for over-the-phone or online self-reporting systems. Some agencies are moving to set-ups like that, or even having civilian hires that go and take property crime reports of that sort. That being said, I've spoken on the phone to NOPD dispatch/call-takers before, and I think they'd have a long way to go to institute such a program.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    I live not far from where this happened. Last week my wife accidentally set off the house alarm which is monitored. Long story short, it was 27 minutes later that the police arrived. 3 officers in 2 cars. Almost half an hour for a possible crime in progress. There is one hell of a backlog in the area I guess. I'm north of city park ave so I pay the extra on my real estate taxes for the Lakeview Crime Prevention District.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    OP should contact the French Quarter Citizens Watch group. Incidents like this is what prompts people to take up arms and defend their rights.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    thanks everyone for the well wishes

but talk about adding insult to injury!

Went to pick up my rent-a-car and its a Prius

From a Z28 to a Prius.... SMH

Top Bottom