Stolen car :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    It was found along with a few other cars, couple other fbody's like mine. It was a few streets down from Paris avenue. Maybe 4 miles from where it was stolen.... The police station was right down the road..... they already came out and looked at it

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Probably a long shot but any chance they maybe parted yours out to put on another Camaro then dropped the "old" parts back in yours so it would run or something? Keep an eye out for your rims on another auto...?

The rims I had on it were pretty popular, so I don't think i'll ever see them again.

No its the same motor.

I thought this was pretty weird

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Oh boy - Puff, Puff PASS?

Seriously. Have that thing searched top to bottom and side to side. They found marijuana in our truck after it was recovered. Took a K9 to find it. Both myself and younger brother drove that truck pretty regularly so we were adamant about it being searched.

Where did they find it?

Sigfan

Queso is the Answer
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    The Wank of JP
    Well they found my car, Rims missing, side view mirrors missing for some reason.... just the glass, pulley's on the motor are broken for some reason and some other minor stuff. Insurance is going to pay to fix it so she will be up and running again soon.

Thanks Mr. Nick for all your help

Glad I could help man, sorry it wasn't in my jurisdiction and couldn't do more.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I know my old instructor telling me about a certain device he sells to people (mostly with show/rare cars) that you hide somewhere in the vehicle, and it's a low yearly cost and you are notified of any movement with it. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Those cracked pulleys are odd. I typically see them broken from physical abuse, like an errant hammer strike or engine drop where the pulley makes contact with a hard object. Strange indeed.
    I wonder if your car was towed away instead driven. I always thought it odd the Cadillac Escalade was one of the most stolen vehicles. They don't have the most bullet proof anti theft systems but it is above the head of the average car thief. Come to find out the steering wheel and shifter locks are weak. They are easily broken and the vehicle is typically towed off with a rope. Go figure. Good luck with yours.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    well a brand new audi suv was found with mine, those have pretty advanced security as well... so whoever was stealing them had to know what they were doing, or using a tow truck...??

First thing, once I get her up and running, I am doing some type of awesome security system... I need to start looking into it

Mr. Nick, can you tell me if anyone was caught in the act? I asked one of the officers but they either didn't know or was being closed lip.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    well a brand new audi suv was found with mine, those have pretty advanced security as well... so whoever was stealing them had to know what they were doing, or using a tow truck...??

First thing, once I get her up and running, I am buying a hooptie to drive to work.... I need to start looking into it.

Mr. Nick, can you tell me if anyone was caught in the act? I asked one of the officers but they either didn't know or was being closed lip.
    feexed:D
    Alarms keep honest people honest...
    And annoy the rest of us... at 3AM... lol
    you can spend a ton of money on one, and someone just a little smarter than the installer, can find a way to bypass it.
    Get a lo-jack, so if it happens again, you can recover it quicker.
    Hopefully before it gets messed up again.
    Spend the rest of the money on moar gofast goodies...

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Just an update.

They stole the BCM out of the car, its about a $400 part but we needed to start the car. Insurance didn't want to approve it at first but they let the shop order it. It finally came in the other day, took GM a while to ship it, something about the vin had to match. Put it in, and IT STARTED! WooHoo! but they still need to break the motor down to see if any rods are bent from over reving. It sucks not having my baby :( but she will be back better/faster soon!

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    A coworker just had a C class Mercedes stolen over the weekend while at the DDay museum, car was parked in a pay lot at Magazine & St Joseph. No broken glass on ground etc, guess they always find a way,

I've had vehicles stolen, it sucks. I have no sympathy for thieves.

Good luck getting yours fixed up.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    A coworker just had a C class Mercedes stolen over the weekend while at the DDay museum, car was parked in a pay lot at Magazine & St Joseph. No broken glass on ground etc, guess they always find a way,

I've had vehicles stolen, it sucks. I have no sympathy for thieves.

Good luck getting yours fixed up.

Are they sure it was stolen and not towed?

Top Bottom