Stolen car :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Sorry to hear dude. I had my 2002 Z-28 liberated by the Baton Rouge Welcoming Committee within 6 months of moving here. Never heard about the car again. The insurance company paid me what I paid for the car after adding about 50K miles to it. I know a few others that had 4th Gen F-bodies stolen from them, one guy had two stolen from him... he had lojack the second time and got it back.

Good luck.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    When my truck was rear ended by a uninsured motorist, Enterprise gave me some supercharged foreign something or another. It lacked a return spring on the accelerator pedal and caused me to enrich Gretna's coffers.

Be thankful for the Prius. Fast cars cause you grief, . . . and gun money.

xring100

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    Lafayette
    No cop bashing intended. I was sharing some memories from when I lived in mid city.
    I know and Love too many in the law enforcement community for that sort of thing. Sorry if the story offended anyone. The officer said his piece and I went on my way and never questioned his position on the matter.

To clarify I hate thieves not cops.

Good thing you saved us....... Almost made it through an entire thread without a cop bashing post.

maurice.cowell

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Australia
    Nowadays I think stolen cars seem to be mostly for entertainment. Some are parted out at a chop shop. Some are stolen to perform other crimes. Catalytic converters have platinum used in them recyclers will pay money for them.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Well they found my car, Rims missing, side view mirrors missing for some reason.... just the glass, pulley's on the motor are broken for some reason and some other minor stuff. Insurance is going to pay to fix it so she will be up and running again soon.

Thanks Mr. Nick for all your help

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Where's the serpentine belt?
    you better have that thing looked over with a fine tooth comb.
    They probably ran the dog **** out of it.
    Sorry to see it in that shape.
    Hope it's not too bad.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Where's the serpentine belt?
    you better have that thing looked over with a fine tooth comb.
    They probably ran the dog **** out of it.
    Sorry to see it in that shape.
    Hope it's not too bad.

Seriously. Have that thing searched top to bottom and side to side. They found marijuana in our truck after it was recovered. Took a K9 to find it. Both myself and younger brother drove that truck pretty regularly so we were adamant about it being searched.

Where did they find it?

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Yea.... Getting my buddy at Northshore auto clinic in Slidell to go over it. The belt was laying under the car. I did tear up when I seen her on blocks :'( lol.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Talk about bittersweet. I could understand serpentine belt not being on, but how the hell do you break a pulley like that!? Hope the insurance company is good to you, and I agree with the others to get that think looked over closely! :ugh:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Probably a long shot but any chance they maybe parted yours out to put on another Camaro then dropped the "old" parts back in yours so it would run or something? Keep an eye out for your rims on another auto...?

Top Bottom