Take 20 Seconds - Click Here to Email LA Representatives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Done.

Sent snail mail letters to the Federal guys last week as I thought they might appreciate the effort. Also sent some positive e-mails to companies like Duluth trading and Mountain Khaki that I see advertising on shooting related television. Tired of complaining after someone disassociates with us and decided to go positive.

Good plan there. I sent out quite a few of the canned emails the NRA provides. Hopefully they don't just lump them all into a spam folder.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    All bills filed by black democrats! What a surprise! Misguided people; misguided party!

At least that whackjob Helena Moreno took the time to try to list almost every "AR" style rifle. :rofl:

Some of these are just glaring examples of how willing democrats are to give up the Constitution; and their Rights.

I think these individual Bills would be best addressed on an individual basis. That blanket letter is not very effective for the varying degrees of stupidity each of these represents.

My letter to Jon Bel Edwards:

Why is it, that the democrat party aligns itself with the causes that would further erode a US citizens' Rights? Why is it, that rather than talk candidly about possible root causes to problems and possible practical solutions, democrats run blindly to fan flames under the remaining copies of the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution?

This state is facing an almost insurmountable budget crisis, is damn near or at the bottom of EVERY quality of life standard, at the top of almost EVERY "worst of" list, and your party wants to waste what little time you have up there to chase guns? To serve whom?

Noticeably, every gun bill has been filed by a black democrat. How does a restriction on my gun Rights benefit a black youth in a troubled neighborhood who can't read or write very well, doesn't have a father at home, can't fill out a 1040EZ form, can't properly fill out an employment application, is subjected to drugs and violence in their schools, isn't being taught respect and manners, isn't being taught how to escape poverty, is bullied by those peers who would rather see all blacks held down instead of any advancing academically or socially, can't understand money, can't balance a checkbook, has little understanding of the AIDS epidemic plaguing Louisiana blacks, has little understanding of the consequences of unrestrained childbirth, is taught to admire thug rappers over hard working successful people; and on, and on, and on?

When you are meeting with your fellow party members to play the game of whose Bill you will support for what favor in return, can you please remind these folks that there are real problems facing their constituents and this state; and law abiding citizen's guns are not some of them.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Alright, this will be included on our weekly email on Wednesday, so hopefully it garners even more responses that way. Definitely feel free to share with your friends and family.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Alright, this will be included on our weekly email on Wednesday, so hopefully it garners even more responses that way. Definitely feel free to share with your friends and family.

Make it even easier by printing the digest (summary) of each Bill. Even though there is hardly a chance for many of them to actually get out of committee, some of these are scary in their scope and intent. An ammunition registry? :doh:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Make it even easier by printing the digest (summary) of each Bill. Even though there is hardly a chance for many of them to actually get out of committee, some of these are scary in their scope and intent. An ammunition registry? :doh:

You think that'd be advantageous to put in the topic post? I can, but I was thinking short and sweet.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Everyone,

Just concentrate on the committee members for now. These bills will likely come before the committee early. I would expect by the first week of April. Each committee member should hear from you. Send them to the democrats as well. At least they will know that these bills are opposed. You may think about sending an email addressing each bill to its original author. Can't hurt.

Dan

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Everyone,

Just concentrate on the committee members for now. These bills will likely come before the committee early. I would expect by the first week of April. Each committee member should hear from you. Send them to the democrats as well. At least they will know that these bills are opposed. You may think about sending an email addressing each bill to its original author. Can't hurt.

Dan

Can you provide email addresses? I can add them to the OP if they are in addition to the ones the NRA portal emails.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You think that'd be advantageous to put in the topic post? I can, but I was thinking short and sweet.

Taking Dan's lead; List each Bill by number and hot link the author's name. In fact, if you go to the Louisiana Legislature website, you can search for the Bills by number and you can click a hot link there to go the knucklehead's (er; I mean Representative's), page for further info and action.

In the digest it will also tell you which Committee will hear each respective nonsensical measure. It's (the Legislature website), one of the few things in Louisiana government that actually works fairly easily!?! I am sure they paid way more than they should for it. ;)

Oh hell, here is the hyperlink to the circus: http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillSearch.aspx?sid=current

Last edited:
    Top Bottom