Take 20 Seconds - Click Here to Email LA Representatives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Taking Dan's lead; List each Bill by number and hot link the author's name. In fact, if you go to the Louisiana Legislature website, you can search for the Bills by number and you can click a hot link there to go the knucklehead's (er; I mean Representative's), page for further info and action.

In the digest it will also tell you which Committee will hear each respective nonsensical measure. It's (the Legislature website), one of the few things in Louisiana government that actually works fairly easily!?! I am sure they paid way more than they should for it. ;)

Oh hell, here is the hyperlink to the circus: http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillSearch.aspx?sid=current

And do what with it though? I'm trying to make it easy for people to get involved. Posting step by step of what people can do is easy. What action do you want people to do once that have read these bills? #confused

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And do what with it though? I'm trying to make it easy for people to get involved. Posting step by step of what people can do is easy. What action do you want people to do once that have read these bills? #confused

One thought: If you go to the Bill search, and find the Bill, it will have the authors hyperlink above it. Go to that persons page and send them a nice and well written opposition to their Bill.
    Another: Unless you will hyperlink everyone on those Committees for folks on this site, that website allows that too.

I must tell you my consternation and disdain for these politicians is real; but I know how the game is played. You must pretend you are being respectful when you correspond with these lame brains. It hurts my innards, but an example of a letter or theme of opposition may go something like this:

Dear Representative;

Understanding there are great challenges in our state is an understatement. We have a $500 million dollar fiscal cliff ahead, we have socio-economic woes that are off the chart, we as a state are at the tops of the bad polls, and the bottoms of the good polls; and we have a divided Legislature. I hardly see the urgency to enact new firearms related laws at our state level when the hundreds of federal and state laws already on the books are being ignored by only criminals.

I am adamantly opposed to your bill; and will encourage others to oppose it through their Legislators! Please reconsider the other very pressing problems we have as a state, and particularly within your own constituency, and realize that we have far bigger fish to fry in these Sessions than firearms.

Respectfully........

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Members of the House Committee on the Administration of Criminal Justice

Name - Committee Rank, District and city - Party; email address

Mack, Sherman Q. – Chairman, Dist. 95 (Albany) – R; macks@legis.la.gov
    Pylant, Steve E. - Vice Chair, Dist. 20 (Winnsboro) – R; pylants@legis.la.gov
    Bacala, Tony – Member, Dist. 59 (Prairieville) – R; bacalat@legis.la.gov
    Bagneris, John H. – Member, Dist.100 (New Orleans) – D; bagnerisj@legis.la.gov
    Carpenter, Barbara – Member, Dist. 63 (Baton Rouge) – D; carpenterb@legis.la.gov
    Crews, Raymond J. – Member, Dist. 8 (Bossier City) – R; crewsr@legis.la.gov
    Dwight, Stephen – Member, Dist. 35 (Lake Charles) – R; dwights@legis.la.gov
    Gaines, Randal L. – Member, Dist. 57 (LaPlace) – D; gainesr@legis.la.gov
    Hazel, Lowell C. "Chris" – Member, Dist. 27 (Pineville) – R; hazelc@legis.la.gov
    Hodges, Valarie – Member, Dist. 64 (Denham Springs) – R; hodgesv@legis.la.gov
    Howard, Frank A. – Member, Dist. 24 (Many) – R; howardf@legis.la.gov
    James, Edward C. "Ted" – Member, Dist. 101 (Baton Rouge) – D; james.ted@legis.la.gov
    Landry, Terry – Member, Dist. 96 (New Iberia) – D; landryt@legis.la.gov
    Marcelle, Denise – Member, Dist. 61 (Baton Rouge) – D; marcelled@legis.la.gov
    Marino, Joseph – Member, Dist. 85 (Gretna) – I; marinoj@legis.la.gov
    Norton, Barbara M. – Member, Dist. 3 (Shreveport) – D; nortonb@legis.la.gov
    Stefanski, John M. – Member, Dist. 42 (Crowley) – R; stefanskij@legis.la.gov
    Barras, Taylor F. - Ex Officio, Dist. 48 (New Iberia) – R; barrast@legis.la.gov
    Leger, Walt III - Ex Officio, Dist. 91 (New Orleans) – D; legerw@legis.la.gov

If you'd rather call or write snail mail go to the Committee's home page and clck on the members' names to access their contact information.
    http://house.louisiana.gov/H_Cmtes/CriminalJustice.aspx

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I actually received a reply from Rep. Ivey's office. It was as follows

Mr. Welch,*

Representative Ivey has a record of being one of the biggest supporters of the Second Amendment in the legislature. His commitment to law-abiding gun owners remains the same.

Thank you,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5erbye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Austin, thank you for taking the time to post this. I've contacted my elected officials numerous times on firearms issues. Trust me, I harbor the same unyielding attitude regarding the Constitution and its amendments as all of you.

I did became uneasy reading the sample letter, though. Several times I wondered, where did he get that data? What warrants that conclusion? So I'll just pick the one big definite disagreement: I don't think a Louisiana concealed handgun permit is sufficient training for an armed teacher or school employee. State law requires you fire 12 rounds each at six, 10, and 15 feet at a paper silhouette target, about 23"x45", with no misses. That's just not enough skill, especially in a densely populated area in a chaotic, adrenaline-soaked situation. They should have to pass the FBI training requirement for carrying a handgun, and other tactical training for such events. I think you will do immeasurable harm to our cause the first time a teacher fires at a perp and misses and strikes a child.

Also, due process is guaranteed by the fifth, not the eighth amendment.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Austin, thank you for taking the time to post this. I've contacted my elected officials numerous times on firearms issues. Trust me, I harbor the same unyielding attitude regarding the Constitution and its amendments as all of you.

I did became uneasy reading the sample letter, though. Several times I wondered, where did he get that data? What warrants that conclusion? So I'll just pick the one big definite disagreement: I don't think a Louisiana concealed handgun permit is sufficient training for an armed teacher or school employee. State law requires you fire 12 rounds each at six, 10, and 15 feet at a paper silhouette target, about 23"x45", with no misses. That's just not enough skill, especially in a densely populated area in a chaotic, adrenaline-soaked situation. They should have to pass the FBI training requirement for carrying a handgun, and other tactical training for such events. I think you will do immeasurable harm to our cause the first time a teacher fires at a perp and misses and strikes a child.

Also, due process is guaranteed by the fifth, not the eighth amendment.

I didn't write the letter, I just copied it from another member who authored it.

I made the change just now from eighth to fifth.

Regarding training, I absolutely agree. I think that the CHP standards should be much more stringent and require much more intense training. If a teacher wants to carry, they should definitely be subjected to additional training.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I think that the CHP standards should be much more stringent and require much more intense training.

In general or just for teachers?
    Not down with the whole constitutional carry thing?

- - - Updated - - -

I think that the CHP standards should be much more stringent and require much more intense training.

In general or just for teachers?
    Not down with the whole constitutional carry thing?

Top Bottom