The answer to gun control in 2 steps.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    By the way I'm nog knocking pretty guns just the idea that guns are only good for keeping and passing down.
    I have a pretty gun that was passed down to me its a model six remington beautiful gun gold enlay, montie carlo wood. My grandpaw gave it to me but its been shot a lot by him and myself.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Some body get me up to speed as TLDR. I am just not up to wading through the BS.

Is it OK for me to have the guns I have now but no more new ones? Is Blue Diamond for or against guns. It seems as it is OK for him but not for others.

Seriously, what is the short version of this? Who gets what is going on here? Blue Diamond feel free to give a short synopsis of your point.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Some body get me up to speed as TLDR. I am just not up to wading through the BS.

Is it OK for me to have the guns I have now but no more new ones? Is Blue Diamond for or against guns. It seems as it is OK for him but not for others.

Seriously, what is the short version of this? Who gets what is going on here? Blue Diamond feel free to give a short synopsis of your point.

Seems like typical elitest bs. I'm still trying to ascretain his true view point.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Short version :
    BD admits that gins are not the problem but thinks no new gun is the solution.
    He thinks Uncle Sam couldn't fix poverty, but he thinks they can fix the violence problem with no new guns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Thanks for the short version.

There are some folks on BS.com that seem to have issues about something but for the life of me I never see where they come out and state exactly what the issue is.

Interestingly this song came out in 1970:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRsWdK0PRI#t=19

The world can always seemed really screwed up if you choose to view it that way. For all the ways the world keeps getting better some choose to focus on the negative.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    The OP was simply a personal statement from one persons perspective. It was not to disturb anyone. I am not anti-gun as many know. I have been building and selling custom firearms for a long time. Many who know me have set silently on the sides reading what was to be next. Many out there think that total de-regulation of all firearms is the answer. I hope that I will no longer be on this Earth when that day comes. The Zombie Apocalipse will be like Disneyland soon after and within 10 years the whole USA will look like Faluga,Iraq for those that know what that means. Good Bye and Good Luck

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The OP was simply a personal statement from one persons perspective. It was not to disturb anyone. I am not anti-gun as many know. I have been building and selling custom firearms for a long time. Many who know me have set silently on the sides reading what was to be next. Many out there think that total de-regulation of all firearms is the answer. I hope that I will no longer be on this Earth when that day comes. The Zombie Apocalipse will be like Disneyland soon after and within 10 years the whole USA will look like Faluga,Iraq for those that know what that means. Good Bye and Good Luck

I hate to keep pointing out your obvious inaccuracies, but its Fallujah, or MEK if you know what that means.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

Blue,
    I am just trying to understand what your point is. I am not disturbed by it. We have had anti-gun gun owners on here in various degrees. It usually manifest itself in I am OK to have a bunch of weapons as a god given right but you will have the potential to be a threat to yourself and others, therefore you shouldn't be allowed to own weapons.

I have also been hearing what will happen in the future my whole life and it is always far worse and farther away than ever comes to fruition.

Also like many other your blanket assessment of the people here on Bayoushooter, gun owners and society in general seems a bit off in my view.

Not to be mean but you seem to be going in a loop, contradicting your self and rambling on tangents. I guess someone could make the argument you shouldn't own the guns you do if we were in that mode. But you seem to be the one wanting to go there.

Personally I'd be happy not to see all the doom and gloom fall upon us. However if it is to come I'd just as soon get down to it sooner than later, I ain't getting any younger,

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    OK, at post 70, I think I have figured out what the OP is trying to say. Let me know if I have this correct.

You want the government to use our money to buy gun manufacturers and close their doors, implement a ban on the importation of firearms, and let the police collect guns from the bad people as they are used on crimes as normal, so that after a period of time, the only guns left will be the guns that the good guys had prior to all of this because the police would have confiscated all the guns from the bad people.

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    As stated before it was a personal statement and opionion. Many seem to not accept it that's fine but don't expect me to accept yours. You've made statements and formed opinions about someone u don't know except for a short statement that he had the balls to state on this forum. GET OVER IT/ MOVE ON/ THREAD CLOSED

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    OK, at post 70, I think I have figured out what the OP is trying to say. Let me know if I have this correct.

You want the government to use our money to buy gun manufacturers and close their doors, implement a ban on the importation of firearms, and let the police collect guns from the bad people as they are used on crimes as normal, so that after a period of time, the only guns left will be the guns that the good guys had prior to all of this because the police would have confiscated all the guns from the bad people.

And of course I know you are smart enough to know the fallacy in that.

My take on it he thinks we should have gun control for others but not him. Selective gun control. So since I am done with hunting, have all the guns or hi cap mags I'll ever need it is time for me to throw the rest of you under the bus. Do I have enough powder and primers; Check! Eff all the rest of the reloaders who aren't lucky enough to have already gotten theirs. Same as when you and I are the woods I only have to out run you and not the bear. But then if I am in front of you and trip then you are wrong for passing me without stopping to aid your good buddy. It is time to get back to a team work strategy all of a sudden.

Part of responsible gun ownership is providing for future gun owners, not using them as feed to appease the gun grabbers. Pulling the rug out from future responsible gun owners is just a really sad approach. I have met some of the younger guys on here and they are good dudes. I am not going to screw them over for my own personal short sighted agenda.

In my book the worst people are the gun guys that advocate gun control, as if they will somehow be immune to it.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    As stated before it was a personal statement and opionion. Many seem to not accept it that's fine but don't expect me to accept yours. You've made statements and formed opinions about someone u don't know except for a short statement that he had the balls to state on this forum. GET OVER IT/ MOVE ON/ THREAD CLOSED

So far you seem pretty heavily caught up on controlling others.

Sorry but you don't control what gets posted, our opinions and reactions or what threads get closed. I don't know you. All I can go by is what you post on here. I have also made an attempt to understand what your trip is and you can't even explain your self or answer questions without obfuscation. I can separate peoples on screen persona from what they are in reality, so no big deal

I know guys on here that have some giant ass balls in real life but aren't on here trying to prove it in some sort of rant. Most would rather avoid the squabbling.

So far this is starting to seem more like trolling than anything else.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    When I initially read the OP, I thought it was a joke but after reading the entire thread it seems he is not joking. I hope he is trolling, but I'm not so sure. The thing I haven't really understood from this all is whether Blue Diamond wants this type of gun control or if he is just speaking hypothetically. Also does he believe that this is constitutional or not?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    When I initially read the OP, I thought it was a joke but after reading the entire thread it seems he is not joking. I hope he is trolling, but I'm not so sure. The thing I haven't really understood from this all is whether Blue Diamond wants this type of gun control or if he is just speaking hypothetically. Also does he believe that this is constitutional or not?

i dont find many liberals that can decipher 5 syllable words. you'll need to revise your post if you expect his incoming jibberish to even be construed as a sentence.

con-sti-tut-ion-al

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Everyone here seems to read something that is not there. As per the original post it is about gun C-O-N-T-R-O-L-. Is there anyone on this forum that believes that there is no need for gun control? That anyone could walk into any store and just walk out with a firearm without any checks or pick up any magazine and order a machine gun and have it delivered to his apartment in a few days with no questions asked? Anyone could get any thing they may want without any oversite? It would be a terrible thing. Much worse than it is now.

You must be very young. You could not have been around or old enough to remember when there was no 4473 or background check. I was with my dad, not long after he retieed from the Marine Corps, when he bought a Walther PPK back in the 60's before the Nazi GCA of 68(drafted using a translated copy of the Nazi 1938 law as translated by the Library of Congress.) He just showed his ID and was written a receipt. There was no BS. Just like 99.9% of gun owners, my father has not used any of his firearms to commit any crimes.
    If anything, there was less gun violence when there was not required paperwork or background checks. Gun control is overrated and useless. Not enough of the over 100 million gun owners commit crimes to make these stupid and wasteful gun laws worth having on the books. Gun control laws only affect lawful citizens. They have no effect on criminals.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Everyone here seems to read something that is not there. As per the original post it is about gun C-O-N-T-R-O-L-. Is there anyone on this forum that believes that there is no need for gun control? That anyone could walk into any store and just walk out with a firearm without any checks or pick up any magazine and order a machine gun and have it delivered to his apartment in a few days with no questions asked? Anyone could get any thing they may want without any oversite? It would be a terrible thing. Much worse than it is now.

We need mandatory firearms education in school for the safety of our country. If we can conduct fire drills and duck and cover exercises, then we can teach gun safety in schools. We do not need to spend billions every year to enforce useless gun laws.

Top Bottom