The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    I just went to the LSP headquarters this past friday for prints. you will need two money orders 1 for $125 dollars and 1 for $10 dollars for your prints, as stated above. I will report back when i get my card.

smittybombs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I turned my packet into LSP on June 4th and got my card on June 16th. I figured I had at least a few weeks to find a holster, so I gotta get one quick! Yep, 2 money orders (post office was quick and cheap - way cheaper than the bank) and it took about 30 minutes to wait my turn to get fingerprinted.

DatBoiC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I got mine CCW in two weeks from when I submitted it. Did my prints at LSP HQ. People that took the class with me is still waiting and that was around the end of April.

JoeSmo922

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I went to LSP to get fingerprinted and hand in my packet. I was in and out within 20 minutes. Just got my permit in the mail today. 13 day turnaround, no complaints here!!

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    submitted renewal on 6/15 n received it in the mail today (6/28)...it was issued on the 20th...took longer to mail than issue...

kk5fe

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Covington
    I just dropped mine off on the 26th of this month. I went to the LSP headquarters in BR and had them do my fingerprints there as well. I'll see how long it takes. I don't have anything extra to check so maybe it won't be long. Evidently anything like divorce, military, etc takes longer to do the background checks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Springhill
    May have changed since spring-summer '11 when I got my LA concealed carry permit, but I waited 12 weeks from the time the application arrived at LSP until it was mailed to me. I used digital prints done by a local law enforcement agency. No divorces or prior military experience. Moved to LA nearly 34 years ago. When I called to check on the status of my application, I was told the last few days of the wait was because the office that prints the permits had run out of printer ink.

airrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Took off work early to go to BR to drop off my packet and get printed in person. They went over my packet and I had to go run to the Shell around the corner to get another $10 money order (for the prints). Besides needing the second money order they had me in and out in no time. That was on 6-21-12. Issue date is 6-28-12. In my mail box on 7-5-12. Can't beat a 2 week turnaround, especially with it being July 4th.

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    Airrick -- the wife and I were also at LSP - HQ on June 21st to do the prints and drop off the applications. Hers came in the mail yesterday too, also with an issue date of June 28th. Still waiting on mine, I expected mine to take longer as my application had a few more details on it than hers did.

This was our second attempt, we initially mailed them off with ink fingerprint cards from the local Sherrif's office. We only sent 1 card each (not paying attention/following directions!), they were returned to us in about 3 weeks. It appeared that all the paperwork was gone over in that initial review, it was all at least stamped on each page.

Definitely worth the drive to BR to do everything in person. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Even with a fair amount of folks in the waiting room we were in and out within 30 minutes, even in the middle of the day.

Top Bottom