The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Just as an interesting comparison, I moved to PA last year and just recently got my concealed carry permit up here...the process took less than 20 minutes and I was in and out of the Sheriff's office with license in hand. The only thing I did beforehand was fill out the one page application. No fingerprints were taken and the photo was taken there on a webcam/computer setup. The officer ran my info through the database and qualified me for the permit quickly.

The only reason I list this, is because 1) I've been a Bayou Shooter frequenter for a long time and it's hard to break the habit and 2) My wife and I just found it interesting on how much of a difference there was in the permit application procedures between the two states.

cheers

~r~

mrcrawdad

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Mandeville, LA
    Just a quick update.. I just called and spoke to trooper headquarters, my permit has already been approved, but they are waiting on a shipment of permit cards to arrive...

Hope to get them in the mail next week.. we will see... seems as though there is a run on CCW, Imagine that..

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Yesterday, being the 23th day of July. 2012, I had to attend to some work related issues in Baton Rouge at the LA State Police HQ. A Registered Nurse friend wanted to get a CCW and had all the required paperwork ready and rode down with me. Printing was done there. The RN is a life long resident of the state, never arrested or divorced, no military affliation and the papers were turned in. A surgeon was to go with us but scheduling would not allow it. He mailed his paperwork in last night after being printed by the local PD. He also has a spotless record. Each will call me when their permit arrives.

I will post the dates and we can see if going to BR made a difference. There will be a five day allowance made for mail delivery.

It will be interesting to note what happens.

OK, I learned today that BOTH people will have their permits mailed next week. One went to BR and one mailed his in. Being fair about it, the nice people in BR had to wait a couple weeks to get some supplies shipped in so they could print the cards. While waiting, they processed other applicants. As the Doctor was advised by someone there, they are mailing out about 700 permits this coming week so many people will be happy.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Dropped mine off in person on 13 Aug. Called today and was told the same thing about running out of cards. My permit expires on 19 Sep and the Permit Dept said mine should go out in the next week or so. Sooo, I'm thinking best case scenario, I'll be without a valid permit for 2-3 weeks. :hs: :noes:

Last edited:

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Does anyone know a site that shows how many permits have been issued and how many are current? There is a site showing the figures but it is from 2009.

Init_6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Kenner
    LSP received mine via certified mail (did not do prints at LSP) on July 19. My permit just arrived today, September 15. Instructor warned it would be 8-9 weeks though, so I can't say I'm disappointed.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Well, my "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" scenario thankfully did not come to fruition. Got my permit in the mail today. Dropped off 13 Aug, "issued" 10 Sep, in my hands 15 Sep. 4 days from expiration! PHEW!

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Well did my prints at LSP today, hopefully in a few weeks I can update the timeline.
    On the plus side came in to find my new MTAC holster had arrived!

Dabears20

Dabears20
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Got my prints done at LSP on Sep 11th and just received mine in the mail today. A total of 15 days. I work in Corp America and have had a few moves including NY and Chicago (no issue) and still received it in great time.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I am curious to see how long it will take my permit to arrive. I dropped everything off at the LSP Headquarters on September 21.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    We did my wife's a couple weeks ago. Went to LSP in BR to get it done. She's eager, but waiting on her crossbreed anyhow.

Times are going to vary, but you're going to get it much faster if you go to LSP HQ in BR.

ookla64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Submitted all paperwork and digital fingerprints to LSP HQ in person on Sept 4.

Rec'd in mail while out of town, but envelope was post marked Sept 25.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Dropped my packet at LSP Sept 28, along with getting printed there. Military service and was out of state for 3 years. Let's see what we get. BTW, there were a great number of people there that day doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom